No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    The ring ranking is bullshit to, if you really want to go down that road.

You can say whatever but if you can't form an opinion without someone else thoughts it doesn't say much about your opinion.

So not only do you lack actual knowledge from that time period you are basically a biter using others thoughts as your own, good job!
    my opinion is that juuko, rios, and gerena were not top 10 caliber fighters. the panel that makes up ring magazine agrees with me. you disagree because.......... you love floyd mayweather and that seems to be the only reason why you would think those guys are top 10 fighters. none of those guys were legit contenders so i'm not sure why you are pretending like they were. its your opinion and everyone else is wrong. rebel. can i pretend freddy hernandez and mickey rodriguez were top guys to make berto look better?
    Last edited by daggum; 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      my opinion is that juuko, rios, and gerena were not top 10 caliber fighters. the panel that makes up ring magazine agrees with me. you disagree because.......... you love floyd mayweather and that seems to be the only reason why you would think those guys are top 10 fighters. none of those guys were legit contenders so i'm not sure why you are pretending like they were. its your opinion and everyone else is wrong. rebel. can i pretend freddy hernandez and mickey rodriguez were top guys to make berto better?
      Yeah, they weren't top 10 fighters. According to anyone, as far as I can remember.

Also, I may be wrong in this but I think that Jukko came in on a few days notice. I'm sure one of those names listed did. I can't remember.

Comment

my opinion is that juuko, rios, and gerena were not top 10 caliber fighters. the panel that makes up ring magazine agrees with me. you disagree because.......... you love floyd mayweather and that seems to be the only reason why you would think those guys are top 10 fighters. none of those guys were legit contenders so i'm not sure why you are pretending like they were. its your opinion and everyone else is wrong. rebel. can i pretend freddy hernandez and mickey rodriguez were top guys to make berto better?
        You can make a case for those guys to be top 10 during that period, being top 10 caliber is different than being ranked in the top 10 those guys could have all been ranked in the top ten and not be any different from the guy that were 7,8,9,10~.

Rankings are just opinion and should be taken as such.

You have shown no real knowledge of the period so trying to make jokes about something more current doesn't really help your case.

Comment

pac had 8 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.
          mayweather had 23 fights at 130 and 6 were against top 10 opponents.

stats don't lie!
          OK genius stat guy, of those 6, how many were on the way down? Floyd fought bums and prime guys at 130. Guys who went on tho be champions. Manny only fought 2 guys in their prime, Morales last hurrah and Marquez. How did those end up?

OF course though a pac apologist will say "Oh Barrera win OMG Legendary stuff DURR HURRR, he was in his prime!" GTFO.

Pac vs Mosely = Pac vs Barrera

Comment

Floyd wins at superfeather.

Jerry Cooper TKO
            Tony Duran TKO
            Angelo Nunez TKO
            Sam Girard KO
            Tony Pep UD
            Genaro Hernandez RTD
            Angel Manfredy TKO
            Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios UD
            Justin Juuko KO
            Carlos Gerena RTD
            Gregorio Vargas UD
            Diego Corrales TKO
            Carlos Hernandez UD
            Jesus Chavez RTD

14 fights 10 stoppages, (3 retirements, 2 KOs 9 TKOs) 71%

Pacquiao wins at Superfeather

Hector Velazquez TKO
            Erik Morales TKO
            Oscar Larios UD
            Erik Morales KO
            Jorge Solis KO
            Marco Antonio Barrera UD
            Juan Manuel Marquez SD

7 fights 4 stoppages ( 2 TKOs, 2 KOs,) 57%

It is clear to me that Pacquiao has taking on the higher quality opponets with 0 tomato cans.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I would argue that is more to do with the level of ability that Morales posesses im comparison to Maidanna, even at this stage.

Morales was clearly on the slide, man. It was abundently clear.

Of course, I'm not disputing that. Pac is a different monster now then he was in 2005.

If you look through the post's I'm not arguing the KO %. I've actually one the opposite and called it invalid multiple times.
              I'm just saying that skill-wise, Morales could hang with 95% of the elites at 130 even if he was on the darkside of his prime. I realize that Maidana isn't as good a boxer as Morales was in his prime but it just goes to show that Morales has still got some miles left even at this stage. The Pac steroid implications I see in abundance are ******ed.

If I come off as a "*******" then I guess that is what it takes to defend the freaking guy. He is clearly smaller than most of his recent opposition and he isn't crushing them out with one-hit wonders, he is beating them down over the long haul with accumulative damage. This only further goes to show that he isn't this superhuman beast that others make him out to be.

He does good in a win, he's roided. He looks crappy in a win and he's still roided plus his opponents were paid to take a dive....I mean where is Jessie Ventura when you need him? I am getting off topic so I digress but I have a feeling all these threads about his KO% and carrying power to different weights is all an offshoot of the roid theory.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Jerry Cooper TKO
                Tony Duran TKO
                Angelo Nunez TKO
                Sam Girard KO
                Tony Pep UD
                Genaro Hernandez RTD
                Angel Manfredy TKO
                Justin Juuko KO
                Carlos Gerena RTD
                Gregorio Vargas UD
                Diego Corrales TKO
                Carlos Hernandez UD
                Jesus Chavez RTD

Hector Velazquez TKO
                Erik Morales TKO
                Oscar Larios UD
                Erik Morales KO
                Jorge Solis KO
                Marco Antonio Barrera UD
                Juan Manuel Marquez SD

It is clear to me that Pacquiao has taking on the higher quality opponets with 0 tomato cans.
                just names. they werent worth nearly as much as 130. just stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I'm just saying that skill-wise, Morales could hang with 95% of the elites at 130 even if he was on the darkside of his prime. I realize that Maidana isn't as good a boxer as Morales was in his prime but it just goes to show that Morales has still got some miles left even at this stage. The Pac steroid implications I see in abundance are ******ed.

If I come off as a "*******" then I guess that is what it takes to defend the freaking guy. He is clearly smaller than most of his recent opposition and he isn't crushing them out with one-hit wonders, he is beating them down over the long haul with accumulative damage. This only further goes to show that he isn't this superhuman beast that others make him out to be.

He does good in a win, he's roided. He looks crappy in a win and he's still roided plus his opponents were paid to take a dive....I mean where is Jessie Ventura when you need him? I am getting off topic so I digress but I have a feeling all these threads about his KO% and carrying power to different weights is all an offshoot of the roid theory.
                  thats why he lost to zahir raheem b4 pac beat him right?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Jerry Cooper TKO
                    Tony Duran TKO
                    Angelo Nunez TKO
                    Sam Girard KO
                    Tony Pep UD
                    Genaro Hernandez RTD
                    Angel Manfredy TKO
                    Justin Juuko KO
                    Carlos Gerena RTD
                    Gregorio Vargas UD
                    Diego Corrales TKO
                    Carlos Hernandez UD
                    Jesus Chavez RTD

Hector Velazquez TKO
                    Erik Morales TKO
                    Oscar Larios UD
                    Erik Morales KO
                    Jorge Solis KO
                    Marco Antonio Barrera UD
                    Juan Manuel Marquez SD

Why? Because they're names are good?

Yes Barrera and Morales are legends. But as stated, they were visibly on the slide.

Again, of course Pac didn't fight any tomato cans, it was one of his latter divisions as opposed to Floyds first one. It is going to happen.

I disagree. The fact is Floyd fought more Top 5 ranked fighters than Pac did at 130 which accounts to something, considering 2 of them were ranked #1. Amongst other very solid wins at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      just names. they werent worth nearly as much as 130. just stop it.
                      Jerry Cooper TKO
                      Tony Duran TKO
                      Angelo Nunez TKO
                      Sam Girard KO
                      Tony Pep UD

Genaro Hernandez RTD
                      Angel Manfredy TKO
                      Justin Juuko KO
                      Carlos Gerena RTD
                      Gregorio Vargas UD

Diego Corrales TKO
                      Carlos Hernandez UD
                      Jesus Chavez RTD

What compared to those names.

I would bet on Barrera, Morales and Marquez at that point in there career against the likes of Corrales, Herndanez and Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X