No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    come on now we all know this is all about a-side meth...don't be shy ***** say it...say it.
    I know right? Pac and those darn power pellets...lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Rankings are rankings and top ten doesn't mean very much because after about 5 there are like any of 15 to 20 guys you could slot in because they are all about the same guy at that point.

I don't base how I feel in a contest of who is the smartest kid on the short bus which is pretty much how ranking lists go in boxing, using ranking like that is very lazy it also shows a lack of knowledge and a lack of backbone to form a real opinion on guys.
      i didn't realize you had the Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios or Justin Juuko career sets. obviously you've seen all their fights and can properly rank them right? the ring has different people from around the world giving input on the rankings. that's a much better system than a single guy coming up with his own rankings since 1 person can't possibly watch every fighter.

Comment

roached helped manny fine tune hes techniqke thats why you see him destroying people like margarita clottey and cotto and sh-tty shane mosley !!!!!!! just imajine if manny was using his full potential back @ 130 OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          yea, lets act like it was that close of a close fight. and lets act like barerra beat pac the 1st time when he was in a much more prime condition.

whats ur point? exciting fight. dont mean barerra wasnt faded at 130 because he was. im not one of those kids who just started watching, u kno.

It was a close fight, the scorecards don't do Barrera justice, and a wrong call by the ref calling a slip when Barrera but Marquez down meant a 3 round swing in the scoring.

You didn't think that was a close fight?

Are you sure you have seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            The question pose is about Floyd higher KO percentage at superfeather.

And the fact that Floyd started there and was giving a lot of gimmes explains that.

Pacquiao did take on true greats at that weight.

And Morales, Marquez and Barrera beat Corrales, Hernandez and Chavez for me.

Floyd has changed his style as he has moved up.

He has also had hand problems and changes his gloves.
            Like I have stated, that is the reason why the TS theory is invalid.

But competition isn't the reason. Like I said, Floyd has fought more Top ranked fighters at 130.

The Marquez fight was a great win for Pac (Although I personally felt he lost a very close fight that could have gone either way)

But as for Morales, the 2nd fight? Ok, avenge your loss, cool.

But the 3rd fight and the Barrera fight was unessercary and a fight that pretty much no one wanted to see. Especially Barrera 2. Those fights are average wins in my book that aren't even vastly better than Floyds win over Chavez who was conisdered Top 5 when floyf fought him.

As for the H2H match ups; Although I see prime morales beating Corrales and probably prime Barrera also, those versions of the fighters I see Corales beating. Hernandez probably not and same goes for Chavez. But H2H means nothing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              It was a close fight, the scorecards don't do Barrera justice, and a wrong call by the ref calling a slip when Barrera but Marquez down meant a 3 round swing in the scoring.

You didn't think that was a close fight?

Are you sure you have seen it?
              i never said it wasnt a close fight. barerra still clearly lost. what i said is it wasnt that close of a fight. do u think mab won? and with that said, his immediate next fight was who? u guessed it...pac. a fight that imo didnt need to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i didn't realize you had the Carlos Alberto Ramon Rios or Justin Juuko career sets. obviously you've seen all their fights and can properly rank them right? the ring has different people from around the world giving input on the rankings. that's a much better system than a single guy coming up with his own rankings since 1 person can't possibly watch every fighter.
                The ring ranking is bullshit to, if you really want to go down that road.

You can say whatever but if you can't form an opinion without someone else thoughts it doesn't say much about your opinion.

So not only do you lack actual knowledge from that time period you are basically a biter using others thoughts as your own, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Why do people keeping saying this? How is that?

Floyd fought more people ranked in the Top 5 than Pacqiauo.

2 of which were ranked #1.

The ones in which were ranked in the Top 10 at the time; Morales and Barrera were visibly on the slide.

Floyd has the better resume than Pac at 130.
                  The same faded Morales who just put a beating on a prime Maidana 5 years later? Pac is far more complete now than he was then, his technique allows him to land numerous punches, hence more KO's now than then.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    The same faded Morales who just put a beating on a prime Maidana 5 years later? Pac is far more complete now than he was then, his technique allows him to land numerous punches, hence more KO's now than then.
                    dude. just shut up. lets not act like maidana will even be a p4p fighter. hes a c level fighter at best.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I would argue that is more to do with the level of ability that Morales posesses im comparison to Maidanna, even at this stage.

Morales was clearly on the slide, man. It was abundently clear.

Of course, I'm not dis*****g that. Pac is a different monster now then he was in 2005.

If you look through the post's I'm not arguing the KO %. I've actually one the opposite and called it invalid multiple times.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-12-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X