Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Say Cotto's Power Is Not The Same At 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Say Cotto's Power Is Not The Same At 154?

In his two fights in the division his power has been great and has more pop than in his last couple of fights at 147. Also at 154 his speed might not be as good but it shows more because he is faster than most at 154. Also not cutting a lot of weight helps him with his stamina. I think he is more powerfull at 154 than at 147 at this point.

His body also looks in great shape

Is not like he is looking way overweight like Durant was at 154.

Comment

Cotto has lost a lot of his punching power since his fight with Margs IMO

He also has changed his style a lot, and doesn't go to the body nearly as much as he used to... which leads me to one conclusion: he's afraid of getting knocked out, so he keeps his hands up more now

At least he's throwing the straight right hand a little more now that he's had the surgery....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          Cotto has lost a lot of his punching power since his fight with Margs IMO

He also has changed his style a lot, and doesn't go to the body nearly as much as he used to... which leads me to one conclusion: he's afraid of getting knocked out, so he keeps his hands up more now

At least he's throwing the straight right hand a little more now that he's had the surgery....
          His power is still elite. Just look at what he did to Pacquiao, Foreman and Mayorga. He beat up their faces pretty bad.

Comment

His power hasn't been elite since 140..

Comment

i believe at 154 he has to wear a thicker gloves. certainly that will effect his punching power.

Comment

Its the fact that he has to wear bigger gloves and the fact that at 154 guys can take a MUCH better punch then at 140 or 147

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Its the fact that he has to wear bigger gloves and the fact that at 154 guys can take a MUCH better punch then at 140 or 147
                  Thread/

Comment

Originally posted by cannonball_X View Post
                    i believe at 154 he has to wear a thicker gloves. certainly that will effect his punching power.
                    I know that and that right there makes what he has done at 154 so far even more special. Even with bigger gloves he still can KO people and bust them up. It proves my point.

Comment

Working...
                    X