No announcement yet.

SERGIO MARTINEZ: Too Big for PACQUIAO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
    i had no idea the fight would be at 147 i thought it would be at a catch weight like the marg fight, the truth is pac had no struggle with a guy who was 164.5 so a man coming in at 168 or lower shouldnt be much of a difference, i could se if pac struggled with marg then id understand where u guys were coming from but that was one of his most dominant wins ever
    so you dont have a problem w/ 3.5lbs difference, and you think just let pac come in at any weight he can.

so what do you think about the 144 catchweight fight between pac and jmm? a lot of posters have been going back n forth about the few lbs difference between these two and some even call this a sham if it's not at 140 and below? why cant we just let jmm come in whatever weight he wants too, as you want to imply right?

and if 3.5lbs isnt a big difference to you, you probably didnt think also that cotto losing 1 extra lb didnt dehydrate him.. no?

Comment

• Yeah maybe Martinez is a little to big for Pacquiao, Martinez said that he maybe go back to 154 because he is having problemas finding rivals in the MW class. Still, if Pacquiao doesn't fight Martinez at 154 pounds, is he a legit Super Welterweight champion? I don't think so, a true 154 champion should be able to defend his title against the best of that division.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
        soo i get it the 3.5 pounds would be too much right? even after that one sided win vs marg???? why dont u guys just say serg is too big and skilled instead of too big? its okay!
        What 3.5 lbs are you talking about>?

Are you saying that Margs is the same size as sergio? Margs IS NOT a full blown MW, Sergio is.

You are aware that two people can be the same weight and be different sizes right?

all this fight night weight talk is for the uniformed, like you.

Any MW is too big for Pac.
        Of course sergio is too skilled for pac, just like he is for floyd- why the fuk would i be avoiding saying that?

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          what is it that you can't understand? margs is also much bigger than pac but in a way it didn't matter because pac was able to offset the size disparity with his superior boxing skills and speed. in short it evens out.
          now with martinez, skills for skills and other boxing attributes he's about as even with pac (i give pac a slight advantage) so what's in there for pac to offset martinez size advantage? nothing. it's like this...

pac's skills = martinez's skills
          martinez's size > pac's size

so what is martinez's advantage? size...you got it right (hopefully)
          margs and sergio ARE NOT the same size, and it's not a 3.5lbs difference

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            yeah i know but i don't even want to emphasize that to them. they don't even think martinez has a size advantage over pac what more if its martinez over margs comparison...it's a hopeless case.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              I think it's going to get to the point where that will be the only fight that makes any sense.

I mean Manny is going to destory Marquez, and if he fights Bradley, I fully expect a blowout win as well. What's going to happen is these fights will be so easy for Manny that taking on Martinez would be the only logical choice if team Pacquiao wants a challenge.

If Manny stops or batters Floyd, do you honestly think people will want to see Pacquiao vs Ortiz or Pacquiao vs Berto?? I don't and I truly believe that Manny is running out of legit threats, to the point he may have to go up in search of a fight that will bring about a challenge.
              The thing is they want no challenges, only easy fights and troll around saying Manny is the GOAT. Makes me sick.

Comment

so u mean serg wasnt 168 on fight night in his last fight and marg wasnt 164.5 on fight night vs pac, yeah maybe he is bigger and weighs more on other nights but i was only talking about those

Comment

What 3.5 lbs are you talking about>?

Are you saying that Margs is the same size as sergio? Margs IS NOT a full blown MW, Sergio is.

You are aware that two people can be the same weight and be different sizes right?

all this fight night weight talk is for the uniformed, like you.

Any MW is too big for Pac.
                  Of course sergio is too skilled for pac, just like he is for floyd- why the fuk would i be avoiding saying that?
                  what about serg is too skilled for floyd? does floyd have toruble with movement or something or are u saying he hits too hard for floyd????

Comment

• Manny is still ducking Wladimir.

Comment

• Originally posted by BABY MICH View Post
                      Margarito and Oscar are similar sizes..

The problem is Sergio is a lot faster then both/more powerful and more skillful then Pac
                      Martinez is not faster than Oscar....

Comment

Working...
                      X