• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhh okay..........
    ignoring the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Joshua Clottey has balooned up to 170 at Welterweight. Margarito has gotten close to that number too.
      so? did clottey look the same size as sergio does in the ring?

anyone who thinks manny vs sergio is fair sizewise is ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        name 1 fight hes EVER came in at 170-175...highest ive EVER seen him fight night was 168,..3.5 bigger than margo(when he had to come in at 150)
        doesn't matter larry, he might be 3lbs heavier than margs but he's huge at mw right now. just like floyd went from a small ww to a full blown ww, sergio is a full blowm mw right now, margs definitely isnt

Comment

He is too big. Manny never even weighs in at 147, sure he got a title at 154, but it seems to me that the same people slamming him for that and saying its a fake title now want him to take on Sergio who is now campaining at Middleweight. Crazy!

If he fought Manny at 154 it wouldnt be a good fight. I dont think Sergio could come down comfortably at this stage in his career, and IMO could/should give some of the SMW's a hiding.

Manny, for however long he is gonna continue fighting should stay at 147. He is now established there and looks good at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            ignoring the truth?
            i had no idea the fight would be at 147 i thought it would be at a catch weight like the marg fight, the truth is pac had no struggle with a guy who was 164.5 so a man coming in at 168 or lower shouldnt be much of a difference, i could se if pac struggled with marg then id understand where u guys were coming from but that was one of his most dominant wins ever

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              doesn't matter larry, he might be 3lbs heavier than margs but he's huge at mw right now. just like floyd went from a small ww to a full blown ww, sergio is a full blowm mw right now, margs definitely isnt
              soo i get it the 3.5 pounds would be too much right? even after that one sided win vs marg???? why dont u guys just say serg is too big and skilled instead of too big? its okay!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                No he isn't.But people are saying too big because they realy mean too good.They fought Margarito because they've seen his last 2 fights.They won't fight Martinez because they've also seen his last 2,what's the difference??
                The difference is Margarito isn't a natural middleweight and Pacquiao is a small 147. Marg can fight at 154 Max.

Comment

soo i get it the 3.5 pounds would be too much right? even after that one sided win vs marg???? why dont u guys just say serg is too big and skilled instead of too big? its okay!
                  If he was the same size as Manny, no one give Martinez much of a chance against Pacquiao. That's something even the haters acknowledge, so it isn't because he is too skilled.

If anything, it's a combination of things such as him being too big, having such a long reach and using his height. He isn't faster or more skilled than Manny, but there definately is a huge size difference.

FWIW, even at that I feel Manny could beat Martinez and it's definately a fight I wanna see.

Comment

what is it that you can't understand? margs is also much bigger than pac but in a way it didn't matter because pac was able to offset the size disparity with his superior boxing skills and speed. in short it evens out.
                    now with martinez, skills for skills and other boxing attributes he's about as even with pac (i give pac a slight advantage) so what's in there for pac to offset martinez size advantage? nothing. it's like this...

pac's skills = martinez's skills
                    martinez's size > pac's size

so what is martinez's advantage? size...you got it right (hopefully)

Comment

• Originally posted by -top rank- View Post
                      if he was the same size as manny, no one give martinez much of a chance against pacquiao. That's something even the haters acknowledge, so it isn't because he is too skilled.

If anything, it's a combination of things such as him being too big, having such a long reach and using his height. He isn't faster or more skilled than manny, but there definately is a huge size difference.

Fwiw, even at that i feel manny could beat martinez and it's definately a fight i wanna see.
                      i thought he could beat serg b4 the mosley fight but not so much now but maybe it was his leg

Comment

Working...
                      X