Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley vs Khan Deadline Extended, But Not Looking Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully hbo shows and reminds timmy how his last fight went.. dude is not winning more fans if he win fight with his head. hopefully the fight can be made. ive always like title unification to find the undisputed champions. winner fight zab judah.

Comment

allow to fester. with Khan, Bradley, Morales, Maidana, Guerrero, Mattsy, Judah, Marquez (if he wants), and Alexander. Why rush it. Good fights with loads of talent to be made

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        allow to fester. with Khan, Bradley, Morales, Maidana, Guerrero, Mattsy, Judah, Marquez (if he wants), and Alexander. Why rush it. Good fights with loads of talent to be made
        Werd......

Comment

Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's co-manager, said Bradley was coming to Las Vegas on Thursday in advance of Saturday's Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley fight and also to meet with him. However, Dunkin said he hopes to get Bradley to Las Vegas sooner so they can sit down and discuss the offer.

"I'm going to have to call my fighter and see if I can get him here sooner than later," said Dunkin, who lives in Las Vegas. "I don't think he's coming in until Thursday night, so a deadline of Wednesday at 4 isn't going to do us any good. Timmy's perspective is that he needs some time to think about it and what he wants to do with his career. There are issues for us to discuss. But I want to get this worked out. I would have liked to see him get more money for this fight, but that's obviously not what they're going to do."

In the event Bradley (27-0, 11 KOs) does not accept the fight, Schaefer said Golden Boy has had preliminary discussions with three of its fighters about facing Khan (25-1, 17 KOs) instead -- interim lightweight titlist Robert Guerrero (who would have no issue moving up one weight class for the bout), Marcos Maidana (who lost a close decision to Khan in December in the 2010 Boxing Writers Association of America fight of the year) and Erik Morales (who lost a close decision to Maidana in a tremendous action fight on April 9).

"We'll see Amir in Las Vegas this weekend. He'll be at the boxing writers' dinner to receive his fight of the year award and we will have some conversations with him about what he wants to do if Bradley does not take the fight," Schaefer said. "I've already had some conversations with Amir and his father and the fact is they don't care who they fight. They will fight anyone. It is refreshing to have a fighter like that.

"Khan is ready and willing to fight Bradley. That's the fight HBO wants to buy. But if Bradley does not take the fight, HBO is not going to punish Amir. He's willing to take the fight they want. It's not Amir turning down the fight, so he will still fight July 23. I don't know what is going on with Bradley. I know Timothy Bradley is a terrific young man and a great fighter and $1.3 million is a very good purse. It would be the biggest purse of his career."

Schaefer said he would also speak to Main Event promoter Kathy Duva about a possible Khan fight against titleholder Zab Judah if Bradley declines.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6468716

Comment

I bet Morales is chosen cause Guerro will beat Khan

Comment

Bradley and Ward are kings of headbutting. I wouldn't wanna be in the ring knowing that chrome dome missile could strike and land at any moment. Having said that, Khan/Bradley would be a good fight IF Timmy learned to stop aiming that dome at Khan. If he does, it would be a good action technical battle. I don't want another TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                No, then more names will come along. This is it right here.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                  Khan don't wanna fight Judah
                  Did he tell you this personally Dubb?

Comment

do people REALLY think khan wont fight judah for another title,why do you think he fought mckloskey,a difficult southpaw fighter?,i mean it wasnt the easiet opponent to look good agianst,as is just as slipperly as judah is at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                      do people REALLY think khan wont fight judah for another title,why do you think he fought mckloskey,a difficult southpaw fighter?,i mean it wasnt the easiet opponent to look good agianst,as is just as slipperly as judah is at the moment.
                      Mckloskey is no Judah..

Comment

Working...
                      X