Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people realize how ridiculous it is to think Margarito used plaster against Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    This topic has been done to death. I dont think anyone is going to change their minds now and we will never know for sure either way. Hopefully these 2 rematch and settle this in the ring.
    Regardless of what happens in a rematch there will always be that cloud hanging over most of Margarito's career. Some will believe the first time he was caught was the only time. Others won't. That's the risk you take when you cheat. You risk the label.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
      It's not a fact, unless you're making up an entirely new meaning of the word.

There's a big question mark hanging over the fight, but anybody who purports to know for certain one way or the other is, clearly, a moron.

You have too reach sooooooo far out to think that in the locker room no one saw it, bayless doesn't feel anything before the fight, then after Cotto, his corner or Arum all give him hand shakes and hugs and no feels anything.

It's completely illogical to think all of those coincidences happened then Nazim uses his super plaster detecting powers and catches him first try.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
        Bollocks. Margarito has loaded his gloves prior to the Mosley fight. Anybody who thinks otherwise are just blinded and have no common sense. Cotto was far more dangerous than Mosley at the time. And even before fighting Cotto, I'm sure he used plaster.
        Yeah and you say this bc there is proof right. So in that case mosley is cheater and used roids his whole career. James toney too then right. When he beats cotto again I want see what all the excuses will be.

Comment

Margo is a proven cheater and has never come clean. It is easy to suspect that he has done it in other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            You have too reach sooooooo far out to think that in the locker room no one saw it, bayless doesn't feel anything before the fight, then after Cotto, his corner or Arum all give him hand shakes and hugs and no feels anything.

It's completely illogical to think all of those coincidences happened then Nazim uses his super plaster detecting powers and catches him first try.
            It proves that Capetillo is a veteran cheater and a very good one.

Comment

It seems unlikely, but it's not as improbable as you're making it sound. After all, the California Commission were overseeing him get his hands wrapped for Mosley and were prepared to clear him to fight; it was only when Richardson demanded his hands be re-wrapped that they finally cottoned on. How did these guys miss it, when it's their job to do this week in week out? Complacency. And if they were complacent, doesn't it stand to reason that other governing bodies could also have been?

As for Bayless missing it, perhaps it's altogether more difficult to detect once gloves are covering padding? I don't know, I have no experience checking for such things. Hugs and handshakes after the Cotto fight? If you have no reason to suspect foul play, there's no guarantee you'd detect anything, especially from a "hug".

My point stands that to claim any sort of certainty over this is pretty silly.

Comment

That is nice but you have to be ******ed to think he used plaster against Cotto. It is flat out ******ed to think he uses plaster and after the fight hugs and shakes hands with multiple people yet no one notices.
                it's ******ed to think only one way, such as you are doing. i'm looking at facts, and based off of human nature to "want to win at any costs", it is highly probable that margarito cheated against cotto.

you can live in denial and you can have your opinion but to call me and my statement on facts ******ed, is down right obtuse and lacks any sort of common sense.....

look dude, i was rooting for margarito in that fight, there was a big question as to see who was the real deal verses the two, it was a great fight that needed to happen to sort out who was the MAN, but after the scandal with mosley bout, margarito's next fight, it becomes tainted, he gets the dirty cloud of scandal from the one fight to all others prior.

to say that he cheated here and was caught doesn't mean that he hasn't done it before, now we will never know, and that is the only thing that really protects margarito when it comes to this, no one is going to say anything or come out about it because it would probably implicate themselves in everything as well, for being an accomplice of having prior knowledge, no one would want to go to jail for margarito, but that is just speculation, like i said we'll never know.

so in reality, you have to question it, because to say otherwise, you would then condone such behavior in margarito or other fighters, maybe yes, maybe no, i don't knw, but from here reading your statements i would be inclined to think YES.

about the wraps after the cotto fight, no one was looking for plaster wraps, and the plaster wouldn't have been dry and hard, it would've been wet and very compact, very dense, probably not noticeable in all the after fight commotion, that is why it wasn't found, if it were there, (remember everything is in question), in the resto fight, collins trainer went immediately over and felt the gloves and started shouting, not in the cotto fight, no one was looking, cotto didn't even send his corner over to watch margarito get his hands wrapped. and just like in cali, the commission signed off on the wraps and didn't notice anything, it was the opponents corner that saw the infraction, nazim richardson saw it, right there with the commission in the room besides him, what was the commission rep doing? does he even know his job? and why wasn't he the commission rep fined and or charge with negligence?, the commission rep missed it, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY MISSED IT BEFORE????

people make mistakes, at the same time people TAKE risks, margarito knowing it was a mistake for his career to do such if caught, TOOK THE RISK in cheating with hand wraps wanting to win by any means necessary, there are repercussions and part of those repercussions would be to have the rest of his career in question if ever caught, well, he was caught.

although, there are some examples in life where someone gets caught their very first time doing something wrong, most of the time people do stuff wrong because they HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT BEFORE. so they keep on doing it thinking that they never will, because they're caught up in everything else surrounding the issue.

i know when people get caught cheating, and i mean cheating at anything, cards, relationships, taxes, etc, they've done it before, more than once. once a person makes that commitment and gets over the fear of getting caught, it becomes common in some sorts, or not that big of a deal, then it becomes common practice, until unraveling into a habit or addiction or sorts, the same applies with margarito. margarito is not above the maxim laws of human nature pertaining to competitiveness..........

believe what you want, just remember, any negative remark only represents you my friend, pick and choose your words wisely, because if you don't, you only make yourself look like a fool, and i don't entertain fools............ good luck and good health to you.............. mr sctrojanbaby.

EDIT: you can not have a viable and valid retort or debate if you agree to a certain extent and then use the word " BUT ".........

it doesn't work, nice BUT, yeah BUT..... dont' hold water in the argument/debate world, it means you concede to the opposing POV..............
                Last edited by deuce_drop; 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                  It seems unlikely, but it's not as improbable as you're making it sound. After all, the California Commission were overseeing him get his hands wrapped for Mosley and were prepared to clear him to fight; it was only when Richardson demanded his hands be re-wrapped that they finally cottoned on. How did these guys miss it, when it's their job to do this week in week out? Complacency. And if they were complacent, doesn't it stand to reason that other governing bodies could also have been?

As for Bayless missing it, perhaps it's altogether more difficult to detect once gloves are covering padding? I don't know, I have no experience checking for such things. Hugs and handshakes after the Cotto fight? If you have no reason to suspect foul play, there's no guarantee you'd detect anything, especially from a "hug".

My point stands that to claim any sort of certainty over this is pretty silly.
                  I have a very hard time believing that Nazim is the only guy in the world who can tell when someone puts plaster on there hand wraps

If it is these plaster bricks like they say they were then yes it should be obvious when you give him hand shakes and hugs after the fight.

Comment

Yes people watch as he gets his hands wrapped ref feels his glove before the fight he hugs and shakes hands with Miguel Cotto, Cotto's trainers and Bob Arum after the fight no one notices a thing. How is that not ridiculous?

so now your shifting your argument against the possibility of Margarito cheating with his wraps because post fight he took his gloves off and probably shook hands with several people that might have noticed something fishy? Come on dude! of Course this is speculative but what isnt speculative is that

Margarito has punished many of his opponents with a heavy handed style over the course of much of his career but especially over the last several years or his biggest and most impressive wins of his career.

What isn't speculation is that he and his trainer were caught with the wraps and it was a serious enough offense to cost his trainer a lifetime suspension and a year off for Tony plus licensing problems in several of the most lucrative boxing states in the US.

What isn't speculation is that Tony tried to cheat in a different manner against Pacman, taking stimulants and then made the statement that he always took stimulants before all of his fights. So much for his natural high work rate.

What isn't speculation is not only did Tony attempt to cheat against Mosley via the pads, his trainer wrapped his hands illegally putting tape on the skin and over the knuckles to produce a harder punching surface. Capetillo said at the hearing that he wrapped Tony's hands in the same manner for every fight so that means tape over the knuckles every time? right

What isn't speculation is that Tony and Capetillo appear to be good friends still even after Capetllo supposedly torpedoed Tony's reputation. I would think this a little strange unless Tony is either one forgiving dude or maybe a bit complicit.

What isn't speculation Roberto Garcia although knocked down against Tony sure didnt have the look of a battered Margarito opponent.

This simply brings to light a pattern again and again as to why I think Tony could have been using these pads and other cheats for a long time. Now ay to prove it but there is evidence for rather than against for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                      it's ******ed to think only one way, such as you are doing. i'm looking at facts, and based off of human nature to "want to win at any costs", it is highly probable that margarito cheated against cotto.

you can live in denial and you can have your opinion but to call me and my statement on facts ******ed, is down right obtuse and lacks any sort of common sense.....

look dude, i was rooting for margarito in that fight, there was a big question as to see who was the real deal verses the two, it was a great fight that needed to happen to sort out who was the MAN, but after the scandal with mosley bout, margarito's next fight, it becomes tainted, he gets the dirty cloud of scandal from the one fight to all others prior.

to say that he cheated here and was caught doesn't mean that he hasn't done it before, now we will never know, and that is the only thing that really protects margarito when it comes to this, no one is going to say anything or come out about it because it would probably implicate themselves in everything as well, for being an accomplice of having prior knowledge, no one would want to go to jail for margarito, but that is just speculation, like i said we'll never know.

so in reality, you have to question it, because to say otherwise, you would then condone such behavior in margarito or other fighters, maybe yes, maybe no, i don't knw, but from here reading your statements i would be inclined to think YES.

about the wraps after the cotto fight, no one was looking for plaster wraps, and the plaster wouldn't have been dry and hard, it would've been wet and very compact, very dense, probably not noticeable in all the after fight commotion, that is why it wasn't found, if it were there, (remember everything is in question), in the resto fight, collins trainer went immediately over and felt the gloves and started shouting, not in the cotto fight, no one was looking, cotto didn't even send his corner over to watch margarito get his hands wrapped. and just like in cali, the commission signed off on the wraps and didn't notice anything, it was the opponents corner that saw the infraction, nazim richardson saw it, right there with the commission in the room besides him, what was the commission rep doing? does he even know his job? and why wasn't he the commission rep fined and or charge with negligence?, the commission rep missed it, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY MISSED IT BEFORE????

people make mistakes, at the same time people TAKE risks, margarito knowing it was a mistake for his career to do such if caught, TOOK THE RISK in cheating with hand wraps wanting to win by any means necessary, there are repercussions and part of those repercussions would be to have the rest of his career in question if ever caught, well, he was caught.

although, there are some examples in life where someone gets caught their very first time doing something wrong, most of the time people do stuff wrong because they HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT BEFORE. so they keep on doing it thinking that they never will, because they're caught up in everything else surrounding the issue.

i know when people get caught cheating, and i mean cheating at anything, cards, relationships, taxes, etc, they've done it before, more than once. once a person makes that commitment and gets over the fear of getting caught, it becomes common in some sorts, or not that big of a deal, then it becomes common practice, until unraveling into a habit or addiction or sorts, the same applies with margarito. margarito is not above the maxim laws of human nature pertaining to competitiveness..........

believe what you want, just remember, any negative remark only represents you my friend, pick and choose your words wisely, because if you don't, you only make yourself look like a fool, and i don't entertain fools............ good luck and good health to you.............. mr sctrojanbaby.

EDIT: you can not have a viable and valid retort or debate if you agree to a certain extent and then use the word " BUT ".........

it doesn't work, nice BUT, yeah BUT..... dont' hold water in the argument/debate world, it means you concede to the opposing POV..............

One of the best points so far:

Comment

Working...
                      X