Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleetfooted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the eternal question. I think he personally did have the feet to be fleetfooted.

Comment

• Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
      I know it wouldnt of suited tysons style but did prime mike tyson have the feet to be fleet footed, to be able to get up on his toes and move around the ring like ali ? .
      Well, Vasyl Lomachenko said one of his favorite boxers was Iron Mike Tyson when he was growing up as a kid and he thought Mike Tyson was a Ukrainian. Lomachenko and his father even went as far as to model their style, partly based on prime Mike Tyson's style whilst also adding a few extra elements and techniques to it.

When you see how Vasyl Lomachenko boxes. If Mike Tyson was trained by Anatoly Lomachenko (Vasyl Lomachenko's father), then he could box similar to how Lomachenko boxes with the foot work / foot movement and angles.

Mike Tyson had the athleticism and the physical talent to box similar to Lomachenko (except maybe the stamina). He just needed the appropriate training and the appropriate mentoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by catskills23 View Post
        After all these years have passed and I still don't known if prime Tyson had the feet to be fleetfooted. Its is my life long ambition to uncover the truth. Please tell me.
        There will come a time when all of mankind's journey comes to an end. This will not happen until man's unfolding of deep inner knowledge in regards to Mike Tyson's fleetfootedness.

Comment

• I fear we may never know. Not all questions have answers.

Comment

• His feet were fast... but if your definition of "fleetfooted" is dancing/moving like Ali, then that style doesnt suit someone with a stocky build and t-rex arms that give him a very short reach for a heavyweight. Tyson isnt going to dance around on the outside when he has a 71" reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
              His feet were fast... but if your definition of "fleetfooted" is dancing/moving like Ali, then that style doesnt suit someone with a stocky build and t-rex arms that give him a very short reach for a heavyweight. Tyson isnt going to dance around on the outside when he has a 71" reach.
              Well, maybe not like Ali but possibly like Vasyl Lomachenko. Especially if Anatoly Lomachenko (Vasyl Lomachenko's father) was Mike Tyson's trainer and mentor. Can you imagine the angles he would be punching from if that was the case?

Mike Tyson had the physical talent and athleticism to pull it off. He just needed the correct mentoring.

Comment

• Someone needs to show Mike Tyson this thread and pose the question to him.

Comment

• The peekaboo style is predicated on quick footwork. The guys who float around the ring might look like they move better, but Tyson had to move his feet quicker during those explosive movements to get from one position to another. Those are drilled movements tho...rhythm is something else all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    His feet were fast... but if your definition of "fleetfooted" is dancing/moving like Ali, then that style doesnt suit someone with a stocky build and t-rex arms that give him a very short reach for a heavyweight. Tyson isnt going to dance around on the outside when he has a 71" reach.
                    This.

It has to do with body type and length, even if he mastered that style of fighting, it wouldn't be effective for stocky boxers like Mike, Tua, Frazier.
                    Last edited by club fighter; 01-04-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Catskills, you there?

Classic thread

Comment

Working...
                      X