No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edwin Valero To Receive Tribute on April 30 in Caracas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
    EDWIN deserves a tribute for what he did in the ring,FACT!!!!Watch the lightweight division right now,EDWIN should destroy all!!!
    Maybe he would have beat all of the top guys at lightweight, but then again, maybe he wouldn't have. It's simply speculation. What is a fact is that HE DIDN'T beat any of the top guys at lightweight; maybe with the exception of DeMarco. Either way, he'll be remembered more for what he did outside the ring as opposed to what he did inside. I won't judge him because I don't know all the details of his life; however, it is my opinion that a tribute to him is completely out of order!

Comment

Originally posted by Stiff Jabber View Post
      The man is dead and deserves tribute.

The media cant tell me nothing, what they say goes in one ear, and out the other, i dont trust the media. Maybe there was a conspiracy against Valero, who the **** knows, except him, his wife and God?

My only beef wit this is that his wife deserves tribute too!

I respect the dead, but thas just me

XOXO Sir Jabs-a-lot
      You make a good point in regards to the media; especially in a communist country. However, Valero's actions and problems were known long before his death or murder/suicide. His family were very scared of him, and by family I don't just speak of his wife and kids, but his mother and uncles as well. Not too long before his death, there was an article here on BS that quoted an uncle, or somebody else, I can't remember who, saying that Valero was completely out of control and that the authorities did nothing to him because of his close ties to President Hugo Chavez... On a side note, I found it a bit odd that he was able to commit suicide in jail (with his shirt, no less); however, what I didn't find odd or saw as far-fetched was when I heard he murdered his wife. And to me, that deserves no tribute!

Comment

A tribute for killing his wife?

Comment

biggest waste of talent......**** he did to his wife was just unforgivble tho....
          damn, he would've been the closest thing to a manny pac...maybe even been arch rival.....intead we have this pu$$y ass xylocaine user for a pac rival....

Comment

His wife was beautiful.

in more ways than one.

Comment

Yeah the man obviously deserves a tribute.

He:

A. Brutally murdered his wife.
              2. Hanged himself like a coward.
              C. He wasn't even that good of a boxer.

If you qualify for all three of the above, you obviously deserve a tribute!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Caracas - On Saturday, starting at 11am, young amateurs, both female and male, will take part in boxing related activities. The program, "Street Boxing," has already held numerous events in 2011. The program will play out at the Refugio de La Candelaria (Sambil), and the activities will be dedicated to the memory of world champion Edwin Valero, who in life was a valuable supporter for the development of this popular program for young kids, says William Gonzalez, who is president of the Capital District and head of the program.

[Click Here To Read More]
                that lowlife serves absolutely nothing, its disgusting

Comment

I had been thinking of our fearless knockout-artist a lot in these last few days.

He was part of the boxing family and deserves to be remembered.

Peace to the Valeros, those passed and the ones they left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by number1983 View Post
                    that lowlife serves absolutely nothing, its disgusting
                    Edwin was a huge inspiration to his community and many Venezuelans.

If they want to honor him, you're nobody to take issue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      biggest waste of talent......**** he did to his wife was just unforgivble tho....
                      damn, he would've been the closest thing to a manny pac...maybe even been arch rival.....intead we have this pu$$y ass xylocaine user for a pac rival....
                      co-sign good sir. while what he did was pretty vile and odious, he should be forgiven and we shouldn't judge him. it will take a lot more then a year for some to do this, but ultimately he did do good things and give back to poor communities.

Comment

Working...
                      X