No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan vs Ortiz Clash Bound To Happen, Says De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan vs Ortiz Clash Bound To Happen, Says De La Hoya

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya confirmed he re-signed super lightweight champion Amir Khan to a long-term deal over this past weekend. Which means he will be promoting Khan for a long time as well. De La Hoya was asked if Khan, who beat Paul McCloskey on Saturday in England, will eventually move up to 147.

[Click Here To Read More]

great fight..both arent the same fighters they were in the amateurs ...both have proven their critics wrong .. but i see ortiz taking this one ... hell stop Khan ... the ortiz that i saw against berto is just a beast...maidana took something from khan .. hes not the same ... he will not win this fight ..

Comment

Awesome fight; can't wait...

Comment

Hopefully khan fights lil Timmy first b4 moving up or it will seem like he is ducking Timmy which wouldn't surprise me since he wouldn't even speak timmy's name during the post fight intvw. Well I think actually he said it once

Comment

Originally posted by AmiraanBoxer View Post
          .maidana took something from khan .. hes not the same ... he will not win this fight ..
          that's what people said about Ortiz before the Berto fight, look what happened there.

Comment

Khan will expose Ortiz bad. Unless Ortiz learns how to move his head and gets better footwork, Khan will jab and turn Ortiz all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
              that's what people said about Ortiz before the Berto fight, look what happened there.
              ortiz has come back stronger than ever and has looked great in each fight after maidana ... he wasnt too bad against maidana either...he dropped the mother****er twice and banged with him .. hes young i understand he didnt want to take any punishment and its paid off ... Khan looked like **** against a moving punching bag mccloskey and paul was making him miss too much ... hes lucky the fight was stopped i could see paul taking it to him later on ... khan was huffing and puffing aswell..

Comment

Originally posted by AmiraanBoxer View Post
                ortiz has come back stronger than ever and has looked great in each fight after maidana ... he wasnt too bad against maidana either...he dropped the mother****er twice and banged with him .. hes young i understand he didnt want to take any punishment and its paid off ... Khan looked like **** against a moving punching bag mccloskey and paul was making him miss too much ... hes lucky the fight was stopped i could see paul taking it to him later on ... khan was huffing and puffing aswell..
                Ortiz has looked great in each fight since Maidana?

Are you really Stevie Wonder?

Did you not see the Nate Campbell and Lamont Peterson fights?

He was anything but great

Comment

This fight is gonna be huge.

Ortiz obviously benefited from moving up to 147. I have no doubt that 147 will suit Amir better aswell.

But Amir has to take care of Timmah first. .

Comment

Could be an emphatic bout. Victor hits hard, and Amir has the speed.

Amir needs to beat Bradley first though, and it's a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X