No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rivera To Protest Juanma vs Salido Ref, Not Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capo Loko View Post
    Just finished watching the fight (thanks youtube) and I really don't know what to say. Juan Ma has my respect... he was still throwing punches and landing "a few". Was the stoppage too early? Maybe... maybe not... all I know (from what I was watching) that JML was hurt and getting tagged a lot. GREAT FIGHT.

PRBOXINGCOTTO- STFU. You're sooo phuckin' pathetic, dude.

Mexico is on a phuckin' roll.
    I can't seem to find it there.. Can you drop me the link?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      There is a growing debate with the referee Robert Ramirez's decision to stop Saturday's fight between Juan Manuel Lopez and Orlando Salido. The Mexican boxer had Juanma against the ropes and was landing big punches. Juanma was hurt but still appeared to be throwing back. Juanma's co-promoter Peter Rivera plans to protest the ref's decision to stop the fight with the Puerto Rico Boxing Commission, while the other co-promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, has dissociated himself from the critics who are going after the referee.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Protest my *ss. Lopez got his *ss whipped by Salido plain and simple! weight problems, wife problems etc.etc. Your a PRO!! Get ready for the PROBLEM you'll be facing in the ring. You got smoked, don't make excuses.

Comment

The ref should have just let the fight go until Juanma got ****ed up good and proper, which was about to happen anyway.

Maybe then some of these Ricans would be happy.

Comment

Instead of fighting with the ref. He should be looking for a real corner for juanma...so that they can show him some D & how to circle away from the rights that are clocking u & not right into them...idiots !

Comment

Worst stoppage I have ever seen complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Worst stoppage I have ever seen complete BS.
              It's the refs RESPONSIBILITY to protect the fighters, not just the hometown fighter. Juanma was in really bad shape, what if Salido caught him with another one-two (like the short left and monster right that put him down) and put him in a coma. It's better to stop a fight a little too early than a little too late. If he would have let Juanma eat more shots and Juanma got seriously injured, everybody would want the refs head. Plus, the lame punches Juanma was throwing back at the time of the stoppage had NOTHING on them and were all arm punches. Not one was going to do anything to deter Salido from smacking around Juanma more....

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                It's the refs RESPONSIBILITY to protect the fighters, not just the hometown fighter. Juanma was in really bad shape, what if Salido caught him with another one-two (like the short left and monster right that put him down) and put him in a coma. It's better to stop a fight a little too early than a little too late. If he would have let Juanma eat more shots and Juanma got seriously injured, everybody would want the refs head. Plus, the lame punches Juanma was throwing back at the time of the stoppage had NOTHING on them and were all arm punches. Not one was going to do anything to deter Salido from smacking around Juanma more....
                The stoppage seemed a little premature in real-time. However, JuanMa was ready to be dispatched, possibly forever, with one good shot. Lopez literally stumbled into that corner and was promptly trapped by Salido, who commenced the final thrashing. A couple of minutes after the seemingly early stoppage, JuanMa still appeared in a drunken state. (Anyone who's ever done some heavy-duty drinking knows the look.)

Lopez has guts for days; he would've fought on 'til the bitter end. Luckily for him, he had a fellow countryman in the ring...a man responsible enough to look out for JuanMa's life and health.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
                  puerto rican defending champ
                  puerto rican judge (no mexican judge)
                  puerto rican referee
                  in puerto rico

and he still gets the **** kicked out off him !?!?!?!?!?!

and now their crying foul ?!?!?!?!?!

cmon man.......and they want the rematch back in puerto rico or in the capital of puerto rico NY

time to grow some balls boricua
                  i dont even have the words for the PR(not all) crybabies.. but this post says it all....

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                    If Juanma was taking so much punishment he would of went down or stopped punching neither happened. It was a joke of a stoppage.

LOL I bet if it was up to you none of the 4 Marquez Vasquez fights would of went past the 2nd round.

Comment

man what a bunch of crybabies...juanma lost,he got smacked around silly,put on his @ss too....he lost,get over it already

Comment

Working...
                      X