Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Could Earn $6 Million For Margarito Rematch on 9/17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy ****, 9/17 is my birthday. I might have to make it out to Vegas, as Marg-Cotto I is still one of my favorite fights ever. I'm glad that kind of money is available for the fighters this time around.

Comment

cotto is in a no win situation....

if he beats margarito everybody will say he beat a shot fighter. loses to antonio then it does nothing for his career but hurt him more. honestly, margo in my opinion didn't cheat against cotto. cotto's uncle was in dressing room and didn't see anything wrong with the hand wraps.

Comment

His name is "cotto" not "pacquiao" not "mayweather", it's COTTO. 6 mill plus a cut from ppv and dude ends up with 10 mill or more. That's a good pay day. People want all these fools to make 20 mill a fight, but ***** and moan when they gotta shell out 60 or 70 bucks to order it. Keep that bull**** up and we'll be paying a smooth 100 bucks a fight so dudes like cotto can cash in. UHH no thanks, 10 mill for a nights work sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          please stop the bull****, it's a nice thought but that's about all, fact is, Cotto doesn't have that kind of draw to attract those numbers. And, who could've Cotto fought at 147 elsewhere? Mayweather? you really believe that? and that's it, so that's a wash of the Pacquiao fight IF it had happened, now what? (btw, that fight could've happened if both fighters actually wanted it) He fought everybody else under Top Rank; Mosley, Judah, Quintana (was undefeated), Malignaggi (was undefeated) Clottey, Margarito, Pacquiao. Cotto should get the Margarito rematch out of the way, fight Cintron, and then fight Martinez, and he at that point would've done more than most of our other favorite boxers.
          Cotto going it alone would have made him more money than staying Arum, he would have had the chance to fight others especially Oscar, Mayweather, cintron, Williams etc and build on making more, Both Mayweather and Oscar prove it can be done and those two didn't even need to break sweat while earning more going it alone, But I guess you have more and better options for cotto right? For me it's all about looking out for the boxers interest, for others their interest is to stuck behind a promoter so well done.

Comment

Fighting on Mexico's Independance Day???? I guess Golden Boy and Canelo are not fighting that weekend. Damn!!! I was gonna make the trip to Vegas/LA to see Canelo. Won't go to Mar/Cotto 2 (even though it will be just as good as the first) because I know that undercard will be ****! Probably put Christy Martin and Mike Jones on that ****.

Comment

Cotto won't make as much as the first fight because things have now changed. Cotto was undefeated going into the first fight and Marg was a top contender that was one of the most ducked dudes in boxing. Now Margarito aura of invincibility is gone after Pacquiao absolutely demolished him and Cotto vs Mayorga only did 250k PPV.

6 million guaranteed against a guy who just lost everyround and was seriously ****ed up is a good payday.

Comment

i thought margarito got denied a license to fight in NV?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingKnowledge View Post
                  if he beats margarito everybody will say he beat a shot fighter. loses to antonio then it does nothing for his career but hurt him more. honestly, margo in my opinion didn't cheat against cotto. cotto's uncle was in dressing room and didn't see anything wrong with the hand wraps.
                  who doesn't agree he's shot? thats why people were criticizing manny for picking margarito as his opponent after the beating he took from shane and not looking good against garcia,plus now he got beat up badly by manny,3 fights of looking like crap and on top of that it will be 10 months without fighting,thats not shot to you? and remember before he got beat by shane he had taken a lot of shots by cotto too,this man has taken huge beatings lately,the manny one was so bad that he cant even fight 8 months later(july),now thats bad

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Cotto going it alone would have made him more money than staying Arum, he would have had the chance to fight others especially Oscar, Mayweather, cintron, Williams etc and build on making more, Both Mayweather and Oscar prove it can be done and those two didn't even need to break sweat while earning more going it alone, But I guess you have more and better options for cotto right? For me it's all about looking out for the boxers interest, for others their interest is to stuck behind a promoter so well done.
                    Arum helped create Oscar, he left after getting all those fights that got him the popularity, he didn't manufacture it by himself. And Mayweather was already well known under Top Rank, he just hit the jackpot by fighting Oscar...kinda like Pac did. So your point is he could have fought Mayweather? didn't I already address this in my last post, it could've happened even if they were under 2 different promotional companies, but neither seemed to show any interest in fighting the other. Cintron? That can still happen and the chances are a lot higher now. Williams? Too many people didnt want to fight Williams, it had nothing to do with Cotto being under Top Rank.

Comment

No matter who wins, both fighters will be DONE by the end of the fight. A good bit of cash sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                      X