No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Could Earn $6 Million For Margarito Rematch on 9/17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
    How about Bob dips into his reserves for a fighter that's probably sacrificed a good 5 years of clean living for this sport and primarily for Top Rank.

EXACTLY 6mil isnt really much.the fight is beyond worth more then that.

Comment

Cotto should ask for 10 mills and the fight to be made in the east coast.

Comment

This is a good payday, this is only his guaranteed money. This isn't counting anything coming from the gate or the PPV. That means if not one person watches the event Cotto is getting 6 million, period. I think it should have been on the east coast because of the hometown for Cotto, but Vegas has enough Cotto fans to bring 7,000 of them to see Mayorga. I mean hell, there were even some at the first Margarito fight, about 70/30 split, Vegas could be a second home for Cotto especially considering how many fans Marg lost.

Also, Vegas prices >>>>>> NY prices I don't care how many people you have going. Case in point, look at the gate Manny/Clottey or Manny/Marg did vs his gates in Vegas. Or, simply compare Manny gates to Floyd gates people with money come to Vegas and they adjust the prices accordingly. Also... having no state income tax is a major deal. IDK what it is in NY, but its 10% in California and that would mean $600,000 just for fighting in one state vs another. I say **** that **** especially if you don't even live there.

Comment

This guy could and should have been earning $15M plus if he had left Arum when he had all the chance in the world to, But he would have been accuse of ducking Margarito..

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            Co-sign. 10M guaranteed and upside from PPV.

Comment

really? we're complaining for cotto about a 6 milli payday? and it wont be just that the upside will garner him another 2 milli.

you cute kids.

but damn man, in LV again? cotto's the man for taking it over there.

Comment

COTTO fought a great carrer and great fights,i really don't understand why BOB ARUM isn't at his side at all;ARUM protects more the cheater than MIGUEL since the scandal........!!!Anyway CAPETILLO is back and we saw CALDERON destroyed by low blows from SEGURA,well i know it's personal and COTTO is a real man so he wants his revenge but the cheater doesn't deserve the fight and another big pay day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
                  Co-sign. 10M guaranteed and upside from PPV.
                  Find me Cotto's highest PPV figure, plus his highest gate and then tell me how he deserves a 10 million guarantee? The only boxers making eight figure guarantees are Pacquiao and Mayweather because they generate enough on PPV and at the gate to get that kind of money.

Between the PPV and gate, Cotto will likely make close to 10 if he sells as expected and that will be a career high for him.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post

While your at it, why don't we make Cotto choose the ref, put a relative of his in the NYSAC, and tie Margo's hands behind his back. Are you comfy now?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Find me Cotto's highest PPV figure, plus his highest gate and then tell me how he deserves a 10 million guarantee? The only boxers making eight figure guarantees are Pacquiao and Mayweather because they generate enough on PPV and at the gate to get that kind of money.

Between the PPV and gate, Cotto will likely make close to 10 if he sells as expected and that will be a career high for him.
                      I dont know about all that bbut you make it sound like Cotto isnt a draw.. Besides Pac and Mayweather.. Cotto is the biggest draw in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X