Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaver's Punching Power Is Completely Overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really think there is any credibility in somebody saying? That a boxer is overrated over 30-40 years after their peak years.

In 30-40 years time, there will be more critics saying that Alvarez, Fury, Joshua, Usyk are overrated from a distance. The distance of time.

If this was the 1970's, nobody would be agreeing with the thread starter.

During the passage of time, it is easy to say something or somebody was overrated. This is the most easiest and useless critique.

Guess what? The Saturn V Rocket that sent man to the Moon is overrated. The Lancaster b2 Bomber was a overrated plane guys. I mean we have passenger planes that fly faster these days.

Do you see what I am doing there? This thread is the most useless critique , completely shallow and obtuse.

Ernie Shavers was a big hitter of his time, his punching power was feared. His power was legitimate. Multiple all time greater heavyweights, have all claimed that he was the hardest puncher they had ever faced.

I am done with this thread.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-16-2022, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      I don't really think there is any credibility in somebody saying? That a boxer is overrated over 30-40 years after their peak years.

In 30-40 years time, there will be more critics saying that Alvarez, Fury, Joshua, Usyk are overrated from a distance. The distance of time.

If this was the 1970's, nobody would be agreeing with the thread starter.

During the passage of time, it is easy to say something or somebody was overrated. This is the most easiest and useless critique.

Guess what? The Saturn V Rocket that sent man to the Moon is overrated. The Lancaster b2 Bomber was a overrated plane guys. I mean we have passenger planes that fly faster these days.

Do you see what I am doing there? This thread is the most useless critique , completely shallow and obtuse.

Ernie Shavers was a big hitter of his time, his punching power was feared. His power was legitimate. Multiple all time greater heavyweights, have all claimed that he was the hardest puncher they had ever faced.

I am done with this thread.

Yea and those who claimed that didnt fight other hws who hit harder with better tech so those outdated quotes mean nothing you idiot follower like use something other then quotes you people are such followers

Those outdated quotes been exposed years ago on forums and on vid idiot

right word was of his time not of all time
      Last edited by Ascended; 04-16-2022, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Yea and those who claimed that didnt fight other hws who hit harder with better tech so those outdated quotes mean nothing you idiot follower like use something other then quotes you people are such followers

right word was of his time not of all time
        You are a follower mate. And that is why you are upset.

Do you know? I have no idea what you are talking about.

You seem angry over this subject. And you are chatting complete nonsense.

Ernie Shavers is a all-time greater puncher. Deontay Wilder did not have better technique than Ernie Shavers.

I would actually also consider Ron Lyle as one of the most devastating Heavyweight punchers of all-time. Great technique.

Comment

You are a follower mate. And that is why you are upset.

Do you know? I have no idea what you are talking about.

You seem angry over this subject. And you are chatting complete nonsense.

Ernie Shavers is a all-time greater puncher. Deontay Wilder did not have better technique than Ernie Shavers.

I would actually also consider Ron Lyle as one of the most devastating punchers of all-time as well. Great technique.

Where is the nonsense at you idiot follower and where am I a follower when Im not repeating any outdated follower quotes like you crazy idiot the man wasn't the hardest hitter he was one of deontay does hit harder them him he fought real hws and was able to not only drop people with 1 hard shot but stop them which earn never could with his sig which has been exposed years ago if you did research you would know this idiot

and frank and lennox hit way harder and multiple others try watching matches you follower

all you crazy idiots say is quotes your not original your followers and outdated

All your quotes are exposed as a lie by video and been exposed years ago you crazy idiot
          Last edited by Ascended; 04-16-2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moneytheman View Post

Where is the nonsense at you follower and where am I a follower when Im not repeating any outdated follower quotes like you crazy idiot the man wasn't the hardest hitter he was one of deontay does hit harder them him he fought real hws and frank and lennox hit way harder and multiple others try watching matches you follower

all you crazy idiots say is quotes your not original your followers and outdated
            So you agree that Ernie Shavers was one of the biggest hitters of all-time. So really, you are getting all worked up over nothing.

There is nothing wrong with repeating facts. That's all people are doing on this thread. Ernie Shavers was a big puncher, that is a fact. All time great heavyweights, have all stated that he was the hardest puncher they had ever faced. That is also a fact. This is called evidence mate, and you need evidence in order to prove your belief or back up your opinion.

Your opinion in comparison to mine, has very little evidence.

That is why I am done with debating with you.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-16-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

So you agree that Ernie Shavers was one of the biggest hitters of all-time. So really, you are getting all worked up over nothing.

There is nothing wrong with repeating facts. That's all people are doing on this thread. Ernie Shavers was a big puncher, that is a fact. All time great heavyweights, have all stated that he was the hardest puncher they had ever faced. That is also a fact. This is called evidence mate, and you need evidence in order to prove your belief or back up your opinion.

Your opinion in comparison to mine, has very little evidence.

That is why I am done with debating with you.

Run along you crazy idiot you cant debate me with outdated follower quotes it is no debate im right its vid to prove you wrong you crazy idiot you cant change video or can you make earn hit harder then real hws who have better tech or can u use outdated quotes that mean nothing

Like you people are really crazy to keep holding on to that outdated lie what does it do for you people to hold on to that lie cause its been exposed years ago

The poster was right on the name of post overrated and he gave detail and you crazy idiots still hold on to some myth of a 70s fighter from quotes that's so crazy like get help or glasses get both instead cause your crazy and need glasses
              Last edited by Ascended; 04-16-2022, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• wrong Norton vs. Earn Ken took multiple shots in the first, just standing there in the corner.
                Larry, the 2nd toughest person, fought in the 1st round. Earn catches him with a right; they even say it was the same shot that caught Ali. Earn was hurt but not in danger, then he caught him two times after one was clean, then the next grazed. Larry shocks it off easy. Earn keeps hitting him with weak shots, hoping to land his best punch on his right. The weak shots don't seem to do much damage.

2nd round: not long after it starts, Earn catches him with his cross clearly clean, yes, hard. Larry wasn't in trouble at all,then he gets caught again. Clean wasn't very hurtful. These are only examples; I can name many more from multiple matches.

Comment

• Tony was almost KOed in the first with a hard jab from Mercer, and Tony was like 200 pounds. Earnie never had a person basically running away from him because his shots were that hard, so Earnie didn't hit close to as hard as multiple guys from the 80s, let alone the 90s.

see how you shouldn't just believe in quotes? Watch the matches. Look at the reactions. Look at the punches that landed. Mercer landed 4 clean jabs in the 1st round and then 1 cross that dropped Tony real fast; that was the best punch, and that only took to exactly the time. In the first two minutes and 18 seconds, you won't find any match ever to drop anybody that fast from his cross, and like I said, you won't find anybody that small who basically had to run away just to survive his shots. Jerry, another basically lhw vs. a hw mercer, had to resort to not trading because his weight was too small. He hit Jerry too hard in the first at exactly 1 minute and 23 seconds. Jerry gets caught and is hurt.

No match ever foreman or ernie has ever hit anybody that hard or easy in the first with those few shots made in the first. Should I name the multiple guys who not only tanked Foreman/Earnie shots? It will all be flawed. When I just gave you faces, Jerry and Tony basically had to stay away and run because they were too small,being even grazed and in danger,taking fewer shots to fall,but foreman and earn the hit so-called harder? how when no match shows people they fought gave that same effect, and in the first at that.

Comment

• Ernie was death to cruiserweight fighters passing as heavies.
                    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEpVPBH12Ik

You got the Quarry fight backwards. Jerry hurt Shavers then threw all caution to the wind and went after him despite his corner screaming at him to be cautious and back off.
                      you won't find any match ever to drop anybody that fast from his cross, and like I said, you won't find anybody that small who basically had to run away just to survive his shots. Jerry, another basically lhw vs. a hw mercer, had to resort to not trading because his weight was too small. He hit Jerry too hard in the first at exactly 1 minute and 23 seconds. Jerry gets caught and is hurt. No match ever ernie has h4 ever hit anybody that hard or easy in the first with those few shots made in the first.

Did Earn look like he hit his jerry harder than Mercer hit his? Did Earn have his Jerry running more than Mercers Jerry?

mercer looks like to me he had his Jerry more scared,on top of mercer shots look way harder with way better tech

earnie Jerry brawled with him,mercers Jerry couldnt

Last edited by Ascended; 04-23-2024, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X