Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks JuanMa is one good punch away from getting retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he'll loose one day soon, 99% of that loosing chance will probably come by the Name of Gamboa, but other than that, i don't see it happening soon...

Keyboard warriors talk alot here on his opposition, but its funny how the fight was offered to over 6 contenders and they all biatched about money, hmm, of course, u need to get paid a lot to get KTFO.

The other champs in the div are so meaningless they are completely overlooked for the Lopez - Gamboa fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I watch the Rafa fight yesterday and he gets caught alot

But thats just his style and how he fights

He will get caught one day and this forum will explode with "exposed" and "hypejob" threads
      man u read my mind, there was idiots making threads about Lemieux being exposed! r u kidding me?! I say inexperience is what happened to him, not being "exposed"

Comment

I dont get it, people always say JuanMa is the on waiting to get KO'd when Gamboa easily has the shakier chin of the two.

I said over a year ago JuanMa lights Gamboas ass up when they fight and I stand by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          I dont get it, people always say JuanMa is the on waiting to get KO'd when Gamboa easily has the shakier chin of the two.

I said over a year ago JuanMa lights Gamboas ass up when they fight and I stand by it.

I wish I was as confident as you on this, I mean, I stand by my guy. but being the realistic person that I am, I just don't know about this one man....

good post though...

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            What are u then?
            I'm Dominican

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

The difference is that Gamboa actually moves his head, JuanMa keeps head out there as if he had a granite chin.

I guess you and I will be betting cause to me JuanMa's weakness is speed and power, and Gamboa has both.

Comment

as long as he doesn't retire before facing gamboa...but naw, i don't think he is anywhere near retirement. i watched marquez/lopez live through a crappy stream, but i remember rafa getting some good shots in before he quit. gamboa has been down before too, and was quite dirty with salido. i think lopez will have a wayy better performance than gamboa....plus, like how another poster commented before me, one punch can end a fight and possibly even question a career.

Comment

It is possible if he gets crunched by a spectacular punch, as it has happened to better guys than he.

Boxing is very confidence driven so if that belief gets shattered it is tough to get back especially if they do not spend the time needed to rebuild from that sort of ordeal.

I don't know what sort of odds I would put on that happening in any particular fight but over the course of time looking at how he fights I would say it is an eventuality.

Comment

I probably should've used a different word than retire, I knows he's too young to retire. But I meant to use it in the sense where the fighter basically becomes irrelevent in the division and just gets used as a stepping stone like Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                      I probably should've used a different word than retire, I knows he's too young to retire. But I meant to use it in the sense where the fighter basically becomes irrelevent in the division and just gets used as a stepping stone like Margarito.

Your original post is a little exaggerated, but I get what you mean.

JuanMa sometimes lets the machismo take over.

The thing that annoys me about that is, he does that and puts himself at greater risk, even though he's usually the better boxer in the bout.

He'd have to lose to Gamboa spectacularly to become irrelevant and even then he'd still be relevant so he's not one punch from retirement by any means.

Comment

Working...
                      X