Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales made me tear up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the first 4 rounds it would be disastrous. Just watched the fight locally.

But dang Erik did light it up since rd 5. Surprisingly going toe to toe with Maidana!

El Terrible is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      I realize this fight doesn't have anything to do with Barrera, but I've always liked Morales much more than Barrera. Barrera, achievements aside, has always come off as an arrogant jerk. I'm glad Morales turned in what seems to be a terrific performance given the perception of the fight prior to it beginning.

I can't wait to see it!

Where's Barrera now? Pssh.

Morales>Barrera
      Ha Ha
      see i've always been a Barrera fan and thought Morales to be an arrogant jerk. like that time Barrera went over to Morales corner after the fight and Morales spit water on marco and his dad.
      but you know

Comment

Erik is God. I wasnt going to watch it, but once the undercards were done I figured Id just watch until it got too hard to watch anymore. Man oh man. What can you say? Like I said before the fight, the man is THE definition of prize fighter. I couldnt believe my eyes. I love Erik, but I gave him zero chance in this one. He is sooooooooo far past his best, and so far past his best weight...wow. I'll be honest and say that I didnt score the fight (because I didnt think I would have to) so I dont know who should have won. But to me, this was as good as a win for Erik. He showed why he is such a hero to so many boxing fans, and he fought the whole fight with one ****ing eye!!! One of the baddest dudes to ever step into the ring in my opinion. This was his last great performance.
        Last edited by Motofan; 04-10-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
          Ha Ha
          see i've always been a Barrera fan and thought Morales to be an arrogant jerk. like that time Barrera went over to Morales corner after the fight and Morales spit water on marco and his dad.
          but you know
          Barrera was just as bad in the spanish interviews, always thinking he was the shit because he came from a middle class family and because he was educated. He even went as low as to diss morales native ancestry, kind of hilarious considering how barrera is mestizo himself. I believe he said morales was a "uneducated indian".
          Last edited by $coinblatt$; 04-10-2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Morales inspired me as a young fighter,he did the same tonight,some where my fav fighter ever Barrera knows he has a 4th fight on his hand and after tonight do not even try to deny him.

Comment

Long time lurker here... Had to say that tonight's "never say quit and damn the torpedos" approach from Morales was, for me, a sign that the old warrior's will would not yet be broken. What a battle. I felt like it was the year 2000 and I was watching Morales/Barerra I all over again.

If only all PPV boxing events could provide this kind of drama and energy! As Kellerman said, it reminds me of why I love this game. Even my wife (not a boxing fan) was glued to the fight, cheering on Morales!

Real fighters take note. Morales is still for real.

Sincere Thanks to El' Terrible (From Vancouver, Canada)

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shotz View Post
                Long time lurker here... Had to say that tonight's "never say quit and damn the torpedos" approach from Morales was, for me, a sign that the old warrior's will would not yet be broken. What a battle. I felt like it was the year 2000 and I was watching Morales/Barerra I all over again.

If only all PPV boxing events could provide this kind of drama and energy! As Kellerman said, it reminds me of why I love this game. Even my wife (not a boxing fan) was glued to the fight, cheering on Morales!

Real fighters take note. Morales is still for real.

Sincere Thanks to El' Terrible (From Vancouver, Canada)
                I wish Erik could read some of these posts.

Comment

ust saw the fight. I went into the fight not caring much then by round 6 I was screaming for Morales to beat him. Man I thought Maidana deserved the W too ont he last round unfortunatly.

Damn...what a legend. I felt like he had a real chance by the way he was talking. If it were 10 years ago he would have had it in the bag. Still a legendary performance by an ATG. Gotta respect it. I hope Barrera can do the same when he fights Rios win or lose.

I wish he could have just gotten this W though.

Comment

i wish he would also the man is a hero to me now and a walking legend that deserves to be showered in praise,as the tears dropped from my eyes i remembered why i dedicated my life to the sport,the pure beauty of it thats my art.

Comment

the last 2 rounds were the deciding factor in the fight, its a shame morales couldn't throw more in those rounds otherwise people could really say he got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X