No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cruz vs Honorio Likely For Juanma-Salido Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cruz vs Honorio Likely For Juanma-Salido Undercard

Super featherweight Martin Honorio (29-5-1, 15KOs) is the likley replacement to face unbeaten Luis Cruz (17-0, 14KOs) on April 16 at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Honorio would replace the injured Roman "Rocky" Martinez. Cruz-Honorio would be the Showtime televised co-feature to Juan Manuel Lopez's defense of the WBO featherweight title against former champion Orlando Salido.
    [Click Here To Read More]

better than nothing. i was looking forward to cruz vs rocky more than juanma vs salido. too bad rocky got injured

Comment

Good matchup didnt want to see him fight rocky

Comment

Honorio is a tough fighter and good boxer, not you average Mexican style, but he can take it there if neceassary. I'd have put money on Honorio outboxing Martinez... I don't know much about Cruz, but if Honorio's in shape, he can take the kid to school.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if both Mexicans come away with upsets that night. Salido's being overlooked, but he's a tough matchup for Lopez. Just watch Guerrero-Salido and see how easily he handled Guerrero (who at 126 was pretty similar to Lopez), so even if you feel Lopez is better than Guerrero the fact that he shut him down is telling.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Honorio is a tough fighter and good boxer, not you average Mexican style, but he can take it there if neceassary. I'd have put money on Honorio outboxing Martinez... I don't know much about Cruz, but if Honorio's in shape, he can take the kid to school.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if both Mexicans come away with upsets that night. Salido's being overlooked, but he's a tough matchup for Lopez. Just watch Guerrero-Salido and see how easily he handled Guerrero (who at 126 was pretty similar to Lopez), so even if you feel Lopez is better than Guerrero the fact that he shut him down is telling.
          Would you like to bet?

Comment

I dont see salido as much of a threat for juanMa but with juanma u never kno he opens up n fights bad ass fights n seems to be gettin hurt lately against the not elite at featherweight, i seen honorio fight before n hes jus a real tough guy i dont really kno who cruz is

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

are they kidding bro? they really want Cruz to lose huh? LMAO....
              My Money's on Honorio ,it would be an upset if he loses.but still in talks right nothing final.

Comment

Here is a video of Cruz for those who never seen him. Dont ask me about the music i didnt make the video

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  Would you like to bet?
                  I don't really give a **** about points, but give me good odds for taking the underdogs.
                  Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
                  are they kidding bro? they really want Cruz to lose huh? LMAO....
                  My Money's on Honorio ,it would be an upset if he loses.but still in talks right nothing final.
                  Not sure, but it should be finalized soon, since the fight is next week.

They must think Honorio won't be in good shape and that Cruz is that good, and they definitely don't want to give up the money and exposure from a fight on Showtime. You're asking for trouble when you put a young, inexperienced power puncher, who hasn't gone rounds, against a tough veteran with a good chin, stamina, and a difficult, versatile style. Unless Cruz is the real deal, he takes an L or looks like **** while the judges rob Honorio.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                    Here is a video of Cruz for those who never seen him. Dont ask me about the music i didnt make the video

none of those dude are close to Honorio.Honorio wont just stand in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X