No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    your incorrect attempt to compare the risk of fighting floyd vs fighting GGG still stands,

incorrectly.

genaro wasnt a great fighter.

the point still stands,

FLOYD HAS YET TO FACE A LEGIT HALL OF FAME FIGHTER WHO WAS IN THEIR PRIME.

You can trout out prime ortiz, prime guerrrero, prime genaro, prime castillo(who beat floyd the first time),

THE POINT STILL STANDS,

Floyd's best win is a non hall of famer and he has yet to face a legit hall of famer who was in their prime.
    o ok....I thought the thread said prime elite fight??? you do realize that most of his biggest opponents aren't eligible to be in the hall yet...like I said he beat fighters who will be in the hall and were prime when he beat them...after that you'll have nothing to say

I'd hate to be in your position using opinion while ignoring facts....Mayweather has broke hearts, destroyed dreams and devastated nation lol

Let me ask you a question....who was the best of this passing generation, which is Floyd's?

who beat the most champions in his era?

who has the most lineal title defenses in their career in this era in their respective careers?

W

Comment

your incorrect attempt to compare the risk of fighting floyd vs fighting GGG still stands,

incorrectly.

genaro wasnt a great fighter.

the point still stands,

FLOYD HAS YET TO FACE A LEGIT HALL OF FAME FIGHTER WHO WAS IN THEIR PRIME.

You can trout out prime ortiz, prime guerrrero, prime genaro, prime castillo(who beat floyd the first time),

THE POINT STILL STANDS,

Floyd's best win is a non hall of famer and he has yet to face a legit hall of famer who was in their prime.
      I didn't compare the risk of fighting Floyd to GGG. I pointed out that when Floyd was avoided, he wasn't 2012 Floyd that was the ultimate a side and fought just to get a UD.

He was pre 2007 Floyd-devastating speed and good KO power against men his size.

I doubt you are willing to admit it, but that's ok. There will be a clown that will not admit same for GGG in a few years.

Comment

• Floyd picked and chose a lot

Floyd picked and choose a lot, fighting many over their prime fighters like Mosley and De La Hoya, and avoided Margarito and I believe a prime Paul Williams would have given Floyd Trouble though most disagree with my Williams sentiment. Floyd's legit wins off the top of my head were Diego Corrales and Castillo, Although i think it was the first Castillo fight was controversial decision those fights give Floyd cred in my mind not to mention Floyd's longevity. Even if picking and choosing. Corrales was going to be to go to jail very soon after the Floyd fight for domestic Violence and I think that affected his outcome but Floyd really out classed Diego in that fight.

Comment

this doesnt prove anything, i dont know why floyd fans continuously put this video up.

saying you want to fight everybody after just having a fight being interviewed doesnt prove anything.

now if floyd actually gave a hard offer aka actual fight offers to those guys he called out AND THEY SAID NO THANKS, then you would have a point.

Actual fight offers are a fight date, fight weight, fight purse and fight schedule.

Did floyd offer all those guys he called out in that video at that time period all those things and they said no, or is it just talk after he just had a fight and he's being interviewed????

you be the judge.

whether you like it or not......let it simmer....and take it......49-0 and the consensus best of his generation....move on and lets watch the next one develop

Oh he didn't do this oh he didn't do that doesn't change the fact he has accomplished more than anyone in his era....do me a favor and remind me who did more in the ring beat better competition and made more money from the mid 90s to 2015?

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            o ok....I thought the thread said prime elite fight??? you do realize that most of his biggest opponents aren't eligible to be in the hall yet...like I said he beat fighters who will be in the hall and were prime when he beat them...after that you'll have nothing to say

I'd hate to be in your position using opinion while ignoring facts....Mayweather has broke hearts, destroyed dreams and devastated nation lol

Let me ask you a question....who was the best of this passing generation, which is Floyd's?

who beat the most champions in his era?

who has the most lineal title defenses in their career in this era in their respective careers?

W
            lol,

who are you waiting for to be inducted IBHOF????

genaro has passed the required waiting period. so does corrales. Castillo? not a real hall of famer. neither is corrales, nor genaro. nor hatton, although hatton could get in based on his popularity but not boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I didn't compare the risk of fighting Floyd to GGG. I pointed out that when Floyd was avoided, he wasn't 2012 Floyd that was the ultimate a side and fought just to get a UD.

He was pre 2007 Floyd-devastating speed and good KO power against men his size.

I doubt you are willing to admit it, but that's ok. There will be a clown that will not admit same for GGG in a few years.
              floyd has been the a side since he beat corrales. the only time he wasnt a side was when he fought oscar.

Comment

lol,

who are you waiting for to be inducted IBHOF????

genaro has passed the required waiting period. so does corrales. Castillo? not a real hall of famer. neither is corrales, nor genaro. nor hatton, although hatton could get in based on his popularity but not boxing.
                name a fighter who fought from 96-2015 who has a better resume and beat better overall competition....

i'll wait......

you cant soooooooooooo........discussion over

Comment

floyd has been the a side since he beat corrales. the only time he wasnt a side was when he fought oscar.

sooooo....Gatti wasn't the A side in 2005 even though it was Floyd's first ppv and Gatti had been on ppv since the 90s?

Mayweather didn't become a household name until after 10 years into his career

you a newbie bro....you really think he was a cash cow from day one??

Comment

name a fighter who fought from 96-2015 who has a better resume and beat better overall competition....

i'll wait......

you cant soooooooooooo........discussion over
                    so i ask you a question based on your post and you return with a question.

maybe i should do that?

Name me a legit hall of fame fighter that floyd beat that was in their prime????

ill wait.....................

you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant. so discussion over??????

Comment

sooooo....Gatti wasn't the A side in 2005 even though it was Floyd's first ppv and Gatti had been on ppv since the 90s?

Mayweather didn't become a household name until after 10 years into his career

you a newbie bro....you really think he was a cash cow from day one??
                      the same gatti who was wrecked by oscar before floyd got to him??????

Comment

Working...
                      X