Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    More insecurity bumps by freedom. All over one little golovkin thread
    Neither has Golovkin, Wlad, Cotto, or anybody else with a name in boxing outside of Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      whenever the question is thrown out there...who you think could or could've beaten Floyd...I ALWAYS say, Tommy Hearns and Vernon Forrest...no if ands or buts about that IMO
      I think Margarito and the Punisher would have beaten Floyd too. It's about that stamina. If it's one thing Floyd is gifted with is endurance. He, (nor Pacman), for that matter has ever faced that kind of conditioning that a prime Margarito and P-Will had. I mean imagine either one fighting a long, rangy fighter that walks through punches while launching 100 punches a round for 12 rounds.

Look at Zab Judah. He absolutely dominated the 1st for rounds against Floyd. Them boom, huffing and puffing. But they say Floyd adapted. No he didn't, Zab had 4 rounds of conditioning, then his load was blown. Cotto, Hatton DLH all had endurance issues.

Comment

• A 4 year old thread, yet the title is still true to this day.

Comment

• this is so sad is even sadder than Larry or Ginger****32, is official Tunney now are the butt joke of NSB

Comment

• imagine what could've happened if ODH, Shane, or Manny had made the choice to fight Floyd when each of them were prime. Floyd/ODH in 05, floyd/shane in 2006 and floyd/manny in 2009 IMO would've been epic fights.

Imagine if Arum had not told floyd he wouldn't give him the purse he wanted for the cotto fight? Floyd stays with TR and IMO beats a prime cotto and Margs, which isn't a big deal because Margs is incredibly over rated on NSB he just gets a bump from posters because he and floyd didn't fight. But hey, lets blame floyd.

I look forward to Freedom's thread blaming GGG for not fighting Sergio Martinez or any prime, elite MW's. WOuld love to compare and contrast the points made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I think Margarito and the Punisher would have beaten Floyd too. It's about that stamina. If it's one thing Floyd is gifted with is endurance. He, (nor Pacman), for that matter has ever faced that kind of conditioning that a prime Margarito and P-Will had. I mean imagine either one fighting a long, rangy fighter that walks through punches while launching 100 punches a round for 12 rounds.

Look at Zab Judah. He absolutely dominated the 1st for rounds against Floyd. Them boom, huffing and puffing. But they say Floyd adapted. No he didn't, Zab had 4 rounds of conditioning, then his load was blown. Cotto, Hatton DLH all had endurance issues.
              That's a massive exaggeration. He won the first two rounds and landed a good shot at the start of round 4. But no way did he 'abosolutely dominate' the first 4 rounds.

Comment

• Thread starter Klitschko and Golovkin have never beaten an elite fighter before prime, in prime or past prime.

Comment

• Pitiful Troll thread

Hatton was elite and prime....lineal champion at 140, undefeated and also held the wba title at ww...was in everyones p4p list

Diego Corrales was elite and prime and undefeated...IBF at 130 before they fought was stripped....a few years later wins the WBO at 130....then moves up beat freitas for the wbo and Castillo for wbc in one of the greatest title fights of all time...also he was the favorite and a p4p entrant

Jose Luis Castillo was in his prime and elite...spent years in everyones top ten p4p...had wins over Stevie Johnston, Jorge Paez, Cesar Bazan and was the lineal lightweight champion after he lost 2x to Floyd and went on to beat Julio Diaz, Casamayor, and Corrales

these guys were the cream of the crop @ 130-140 from the early 2000's to later in the decade

Comment

• 4 years later, the case still the same\

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                      How is the guy who owned JWW for years NOT elite?

So youre telling me Corralles wasnt elite? Dude was what 33-0 and KO'd almost everybody and was ranked P4P number 5.

they have to find something to gripe about whether its true or not

You don't face that many champions and win that many lineal titles without defeating prime elite competition....He has, they just wanna act like it never happened just like # 48

Comment

Working...
                      X