Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn’t Carl Froch a top 10 P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
    I don't understand why the UK does not back this guy like they backed Joey or Hatton even Khan..He is the first UK fighter who does not have a bunch of drunk brits at every fight..He clearly deserves it,dude has one of the best resume in boxing,I think people feel he talks to much..But he backs it up so its fine by me..
    That's exactly what I didn't use to like about him, he was running his mouth before he'd proven that much as a professional. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an exciting fighter to watch and has always picked top opposition to face one after the other since collecting the WBC belt.

But what should have been a UK PPV match against Taylor wasn't even shown in the UK, it was PPV online if I remember. He deserves a bigger UK following and hopefully he'll get this by the time he's in the super 6 final (provided he gets past Johnson).

Comment

My top 10

Pacquiao
      Martinez
      Mayweather
      Donaire
      Wlad
      JMM
      Bradley
      B.Hop
      Froch
      Agbeko/Wonjongkam

Comment

Right now I have him just inside the top ten. He wins the Super Six he's arguably top 5. You can't deny the run he's on, whether you think he lost to Dirrell like I do or not.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Good post, but froch is very skillful, you dont have that good of amateur pedigree and not be very skillful. He got a bronze at the worlds you know.

Plus he schooled dirrell, anyone who thinks dirrell wins that fight will have to argue agianst , grhama houston, dan rafael, iowa, allan green, manny stwart, the ringside press, and box recs punch stats.....

fROCH IS ON FOR GOAT STATUS....FACT...
          Very true I agree with this post..People underestimate Carl because he is not flashy,imo he is solid at every area of his fighting style and very smart in the ring..But I think people underestimating Froch will work in his favor esp when he wins the Super Six..

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
            That's exactly what I didn't use to like about him, he was running his mouth before he'd proven that much as a professional. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that he's an exciting fighter to watch and has always picked top opposition to face one after the other since collecting the WBC belt.

But what should have been a UK PPV match against Taylor wasn't even shown in the UK, it was PPV online if I remember. He deserves a bigger UK following and hopefully he'll get this by the time he's in the super 6 final (provided he gets past Johnson).
            I won't lie his smack talking is what I fell in love with,because it comes across as smack talking..But if ya listen carefully he is just telling truth and being a confident fighter,when he started backing it up I was sold..

Froch imo was in two great fights Pascal(an instant classic)and the Kessler fight..I like all of his fights but those were my favs,I'm from the States but I love the guy and will be in attendence rooting for him in AC..The fans from the UK better get with it an support a great fighter cause when he is gone he will be missed..By me anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
              he's on my list...I don't know why he isn't on the so called OFFICIAL list...Froch has been steppin up to the plate and delivering...the man must be rewarded by the writers and so called experts alike....who has fought tougher comp than Froch in the last 2 years or so?...NOBODY!!

I agree that he should be in high regard and be placed on a "bringin it" list. I also like what you said about "so called, Boxing Experts". There is no such thing. Boxing has an infinite amount of variables and viewpoints. We are all just Idiots with opinions. Now some might claim being an expert, since they are paid for their opinion, but it is still just an opinion and they are being paid due to choosing a career around the sport or broadcasting in general.

This is also why I hate P4P lists. It is a list full of muddled opinions. Most do not even agree with the criteria needed on how to make it on the list. Some do it with Accomplishments. Some Do it with Accomplishments + Potential. Some do it simply because they like that particular fighter etc. Foreign fighters frequently get ignored simply because the American media has no access to them. The whole idea of it is broken.

Comment

What is even more amazing is that Froch has only has 27 pro fights. And his run against tough, world class opposition started around 6 fights ago.

To put it in perspective, Lucian Bute fought Jesse Brinkley in his 27th pro fight. This shows how tough Froch's run has been.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                  I don't understand why the UK does not back this guy like they backed Joey or Hatton even Khan..He is the first UK fighter who does not have a bunch of drunk brits at every fight..He clearly deserves it,dude has one of the best resume in boxing,I think people feel he talks to much..But he backs it up so its fine by me..
                  It's a strange scenario; I can only attribute it to his promoter. When Sky Sports are airing a largely domestic Frank Warren show as PPV & Froch's first defence of the WBC title is only available as an online ppv show it tells you something isn't right and he ain't being marketed the way he should be

Originally posted by toysale View Post

Aye mate it was online PPV, if Sky couldn't justify the PPV aspect surely it would have been worthwhile airing it on Sky Sports 1 for the masses in order to build Carl's profile for future PPV events (or handing it back to ITV Sport to gain more of an audience, I think they aired the Pascal fight)... I don't know the ins and outs of television negotiating so I could be way off the mark, but I think all parties missed a trick here and the person who suffers the most is Froch on a commercial and noteriety basis and his fans who don't want to be sat in front of a lap top to enjoy watching one of their nations sporting gems

Comment

damn hes got a damn good resume...

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                      Let’s look at his last 5 fights

A Abraham – total dominance. More so than anyone other fighter. Won every round.

M Kessler – His first loss. But went out in a blaze of glory. I don’t disagree with the decision, i had Kessler winning by 2 rounds. Having said that, it was competitive for the whole fight, and the 12th was my round of the year for 2010

A Dirrell – Gave Dirrell his first loss, and whilst the fight was horrible to watch, you can’t blame that on Carl. Dirrell ran for 12 rounds and deservedly lost the decision.

J Taylor – What an ending! Froch down in the 3rd for the first time in his career, got up, kept battling and proved that no matter what the odds are, if you KO your opponent then you win. Down on all 3 judges cards he knew he needed the KO. 14 seconds left in the fight, he smashed him.

J Pascal – Gave Pascal his first loss. A man who has gone onto claim the 175lb WBC belt. A fight of the year contender and a war in every sense of the word.

3 of these fights away from home don’t forget.

Carl Froch ALWAYS brings it.

I hope he wins the SS, this is a boxer who gets my respect. So far i haven’t seen enough from A Ward to get the respect from me that Carl ‘s has earn’t.

Yet Ward is seen as higher up the ranks, indeed a top 10 p4p fighter.

This is all wrong.

How many fighters today are prepared, truly prepared to fight the very best.....and actually go ahead and do it?! Almost none.

Carl Froch is fighter for the fans. You get your money’s worth.
                      exciting to watch doesn't always translate to p4p. sorry brits.

Comment

Working...
                      X