Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn’t Carl Froch a top 10 P4P fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
    TBH Froch doesn't deserve to be in P4P rankings. You need long streak of big wins (he doesn't have) or win big fights in an impressive performance (only one against Abraham)

Big win over Abraham
    Loss to Kessler
    Loss to Dirrell (Ring doesn't look at official scores)
    Win over Taylor, but looked horrible and lost most of the rounds

I can't say that this resume helps him to enter P4P rankings.
    Well, The Ring should look at the official scores, because Froch won that fight.

Never mind Bernstein's biased bull**** US flag-waving commentary, Froch was VERY impressive against Taylor.

Consider too that Froch's impressive wins over Taylor and Abraham were in foreign countries.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
      Tim bradley p4p top ten really??other then that quite a good list but i still think froch deserves to be in there.

no i didn't say that.....it's just a name...there are 11 others there too....and others i missed. The point is how does Froch crack top ten?

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
        Yea he did and he got it,that was one of the most exciting fights of that yr but it was overlooked easy..I don't understand it,why some fighters have to fight so hard for their due in this sport..And for others it just falls into their lap,I really don't get it..
        Was one hell of a fight, I was still living at home at the time despite being mid 20's I remember having to watch it on a stream in the office next to my folks bedroom with headphones on, trying not to shout & wake the whole house up

I couldn't believe it wasn't being aired on tele over here in the UK, where it's gone wrong in terms of promoting etc I don't know. but Froch should be held in higher national esteem than Haye.... the only good thing as a Froch fan is you don't get all the media fair weather fans in attendance like at Haye and Khan fights

Comment

He's on mine after the Johnson fight.

Comment

He's in my top 10 p4p list.

Comment

not many pfp entrants lose to a guy in their division two fights ago.

carl froch is my favorite type of fighter, he fights everyone. don't sweat those rankings, if it all plays out, he'll be fighting ward soon anyway and you wont have to worry about it anymore.

a better rant would be why ward is sooooo overrated on pfp lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                Well, The Ring should look at the official scores, because Froch won that fight.

Never mind Bernstein's biased bull**** US flag-waving commentary, Froch was VERY impressive against Taylor.

Consider too that Froch's impressive wins over Taylor and Abraham were in foreign countries.
                It annoys me how people think that Froch was dominated by Taylor until the knockout. This just wasn't the case. Froch became increasingly more competive after the 5th-6th round.

Some say that Taylor would have won the fight if he had more stamina, but that's like saying Froch would have won the first half of the fight if he had more skills. It's a stupid argument and one which is employed to deny Froch credit for an impressive win.

He may not be the fastest, the slickest, or the most talented fighter, but he has all the intangibles which more than make up for these deficiencies. The fact is, Froch has never been decisively beat and continues to impress fight after fight. He is one of boxings best.

Comment

Froch is knocking on the P4P door, at least on my current list.

Let's see how he handles Johnson and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
                    It annoys me how people think that Froch was dominated by Taylor until the knockout. This just wasn't the case. Froch became increasingly more competive after the 5th-6th round.

Some say that Taylor would have won the fight if he had more stamina, but that's like saying Froch would have won the first half of the fight if he had more skills. It's a stupid argument and one which is employed to deny Froch credit for an impressive win.

He may not be the fastest, the slickest, or the most talented fighter, but he has all the intangibles which more than make up for these deficiencies. The fact is, Froch has never been decisively beat and continues to impress fight after fight. He is one of boxings best.

Good post, but froch is very skillful, you dont have that good of amateur pedigree and not be very skillful. He got a bronze at the worlds you know.

Plus he schooled dirrell, anyone who thinks dirrell wins that fight will have to argue agianst , grhama houston, dan rafael, iowa, allan green, manny stwart, the ringside press, and box recs punch stats.....

fROCH IS ON FOR GOAT STATUS....FACT...

Comment

Originally posted by ding-ding View Post
                      Was one hell of a fight, I was still living at home at the time despite being mid 20's I remember having to watch it on a stream in the office next to my folks bedroom with headphones on, trying not to shout & wake the whole house up

I couldn't believe it wasn't being aired on tele over here in the UK, where it's gone wrong in terms of promoting etc I don't know. but Froch should be held in higher national esteem than Haye.... the only good thing as a Froch fan is you don't get all the media fair weather fans in attendance like at Haye and Khan fights
                      I don't understand why the UK does not back this guy like they backed Joey or Hatton even Khan..He is the first UK fighter who does not have a bunch of drunk brits at every fight..He clearly deserves it,dude has one of the best resume in boxing,I think people feel he talks to much..But he backs it up so its fine by me..

Comment

Working...
                      X