Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. is Blasted By The IRS, $3.4 Million Tax Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tibbar View Post
    nope, theyre trying to make *****s happy like you, *****s are always on their feet defending floyd if theres no negative things about floyd they will tend to stray to other fighters. *****s are like revolutionaries, always up in arms defending their heroes if theres nothing to defend about they will disappear on the face of the earth, they will die. negative issues are what keeps the *****s organization alive.
    Well, Pac provides plenty of them, which is why you guys get shredded

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
      nahhhhhhh, he is going to fight spaddy to pay his IRS obligations.
      well, that is assuming there are enough people out there willing to pay $50 to watch him basically spar.

Comment

• Who really gives a ****, like it's anyones business to begin with!

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
          It is safe to assume that most of you do not make decent money or you do not know anyone that makes decent money. I know three different people that pay there taxes every 3 years because they know they can pay less to the IRS because taxes are negotiated. Ala, numbers can get fudged over time. Tax preparation is done year round. Regular folks get theirs in by April 15. Rich people file extension after extension. Why, because the IRS cannot follow-up on everyone's dealings. It takes time. Sure, they will get to you, but that takes time. They do not have the resources. Every government agency is understaffed and underfunded. I have seen individuals cough up a $15,000 check for taxes. Do any of you think they are going to H&R Block. When you pay that type of money you are hiding income. $3.4 million owed from 2 years ago. Sounds like a bargain to me. If you think Floyd is paying $3.4 million then you are crazy. He fought once. You think that is the only money he made. Get real... All these pages of ignorance. What a waste.
          bump......

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
            Of course you will. It is so damn silly to assume that this is something they are not prepared for.
            yep. its quite silly to think that they aren't prepared for something as common sense as paying taxes and rent and actually get EVICTED FOR NON PAYMENT OF RENT. or have your car possessed FOR UNDER PAID LOANS.

oh wait......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
              You can only negotiate and ask for smaller amount on the penalties dude... not the principal amount due the government.
              It is all negotiable. Penalties, all of it. When his tax lawyers sit down with the IRS and they will. That price is coming down some. They are not going to barter the price. More information(fudged numbers and investments) will be given to the IRS to support there clients tax bill being lowered. That is all I am saying. I call that negotiating because poor people cannot do that. Since they do not have the assets to hide money. That is what rich people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                There are so many things wrong with this poorly written paragraph I don't even know where to begin.

First of all his extensions are over. The IRS has officially sent him a letter demanding him pay or face the consequences. The consequences being lein's placed on his assets (real estate, cars, bank accounts, boats, etc) or face jail time (Wesley Snipes) or both.

Second of all not every government agency is understaffed and underfunded. The IRS being the biggest one of them. This is how Uncle Sam makes most of his money. And especially now since the government is facing serious debt they are coming after everyone who owes them money. Collecting federal income tax on the top 1% tax bracket is a top priority for the government.

Third, There is no "negotiation" with the IRS. Unless you can prove you don't owe what they say you owe. This isn't like buying a lamp at a garage sale or flea market. Your dealing with the federal government here.
                Rubbish, you are confusing "technical authority" with "common-sense".

Comment

• Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                  OK genius, you must be right, I guess Mayweather just..... " forgot "

That is absurd.

It is far more likely that he is either.....
                  * broke
                  * or, he ignored his accountants advice
                  than simply just..... " forgetting "

Neither of those scenario's are likely, but both are more likely than just "forgetting".

Who knows what Mayflower is up to?

But, the fact that.....
                  * it is not the first time that this has happened to Mayweather
                  * this is not an uncommon situation at all, especially for high-earners
                  * it is extremely common for athletes / movie production companies / entrepreneurs / rock stars / corporations / other assorted high-earners / etc, to re-negotiate (often) significantly lower taxation levies..... makes that a far more likely scenario in my book

Why do you wet yourself over how much money another man makes?

Or loses, as the case may be
                  Exactly............

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingnewsflash-Total Points: 396.57 View Post
                    i bet all my dozen points that floyd would rather become a beggar or go to jail than fight pacquiao
                    LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                      Who really gives a ****, like it's anyones business to begin with!
                      Exactly.........

Comment

Working...
                      X