Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thread is about the bias commentary of HBO. Not about who won the fight. There is no denying that the HBO staff did a poor job on the commentary of this fight.

Comment

• I have seen Primetime and HBO and their commentary was atrocious. I do want to see the Top Rank broadcast though, to see if it is really as biased for Bradley as people are claiming.

Comment

• Like most other sane people that watched that fight (regardless of who you're fan off), I scored the fight 116-112 to Pacquiao. But the video highlights the terrible commentary by HBO. I did notice that they either completely ignored Bradley's work or talked about Pacquiao when he was either doing nothing or getting hit. I swear at one point, I thought I'd lost sound because it went silent because Bradley was having a very good spell. I checked the volume and the commentary came back as soon as Pacquiao decided to go to work.

What makes this so important is that Jim Lampley was the one carrying the crusade to one of the judges after this fight, only to be rightly told that his commentary didn't do much good to highlight what should be scored. So the controversy was easily deflected instead of highlighted further. Again, there is no question who should have got the nod (to me anyway), but the commentary was misleading, biased and at times downright dishonest. Play it straight, call it down the middle and maybe you'll be in a better position to critique the judging, guys.

Comment

• I'm just glad someone finally had enough courage to make a video like this.

Only about 2 minutes in and the Lampley bias is sickening. I don't care if Pacquiao really won the fight, it was still close.

Comment

• HBO has a big influence on people watching the fight. That's the problem here. When they are that biased, it's easy to get things twisted.

Comment

• 115-113 for Pacquiao

could also have easily been a draw or 1 round win by Bradley

Comment

• At least be consistant, why weren't the HBO commentators like this when Marquez spanked Pacquiao in the third fight? Instead they were trying their hardest to spin it in a way to make it seem like it was a close fight that Pacquiao pulled off.

Comment

• I rest my case

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    At least be consistant, why weren't the HBO commentators like this when Marquez spanked Pacquiao in the third fight? Instead they were trying their hardest to spin it in a way to make it seem like it was a close fight that Pacquiao pulled off.
                    they were consistent with their nuthuggery they had Pacquiao winning easy on Lederman card I think it was 8-4 steward was the only one who had it close and called it a draw

Comment

• Excellent video. The UK commentary on Primetime was just as biased, it was pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X