Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I've never liked Lampley, especiallyhe past few years. Johnson is funny, but he's pretty crappy as well. I like Al Bernstein, Roy Jones, and Max Kellerman as far as usually telling it like it is as far as action in the ring.

However, when Roy is not annoucning, he sounds a bit delusional now days at times.
    I agree, Bernstein and Jones are damn good. Kellerman can be a little shaky at times. I'll never forget his interview with Floyd after the Marquez fight. He basically told Floyd to pick on someone his own size; Shane Mosley lol We all see how that went.

Comment

• saw it live- scored it easy for Manny
      saw the replay when I got home- scored it easy for Manny
      watched it against Saturday sound at a barely audible level- scored it easy for Manny

IMO for too many people are trying to find justifiable ways to edge Bradley in victory

no sound, different commentators, 1080p, super slow mo, eyes squinted etc etc

if we're trying that hard.....

Comment

• outstanding video!

respect to the guy that edit it and put this together...the problem to me is the Biased Play By Play from Lampley...he goes off into his little BS Rant on Fight Game but he is part of the problem and certainly not part of the solution

granted just to be fair, Pacquiao does have good hand speed so while watching it live it may look like Pacquiao is landing

Lampley been a biased announcer long before Pacquiao came along and he loves to sneak in little smart comments about certain fighters like "Gamboa keeps his arm down somewhere near Cuba" or his ALLAH Comment During the MAB vs Prince Naseem match

bottom line when Lampley wants a fighter to win...HE MAKES IT OBVIOUS DURING THE PLAY BY PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I agree, Bernstein and Jones are damn good. Kellerman can be a little shaky at times. I'll never forget his interview with Floyd after the Marquez fight. He basically told Floyd to pick on someone his own size; Shane Mosley lol We all see how that went.
          That's true. It's funny how even though Marquez clearly proves he can fight well at 144, as he did in the Manny fight, Floyd still gets no props for shutting him out. Yes, Floyd is bigger. But if Marquez can fight well at the weight, why should Floyd not get his due for that fight???

And the Mosley thing was the biggest bunch of bulls**t ever. Eerybody and their brother was telling Floyd to fight Mosley or retire and die, and all this s**t. He fights him, whups him, and gets hardly any credit from loads of people. Shane was past his prime, but he was still the man at 147 after stopping Margarito, and everybody wanted that fight. And Manny didn't want to take that fight if it wasn't at 142 lbs for christ sake.

Max gets shaky at times, you can tell they are bringing him in to fully replace Merchant once Larry goes away.

Comment

That's true. It's funny how even though Marquez clearly proves he can fight well at 144, as he did in the Manny fight, Floyd still gets no props for shutting him out. Yes, Floyd is bigger. But if Marquez can fight well at the weight, why should Floyd not get his due for that fight???

And the Mosley thing was the biggest bunch of bulls**t ever. Eerybody and their brother was telling Floyd to fight Mosley or retire and die, and all this s**t. He fights him, whups him, and gets hardly any credit from loads of people. Shane was past his prime, but he was still the man at 147 after stopping Margarito, and everybody wanted that fight. And Manny didn't want to take that fight if it wasn't at 142 lbs for christ sake.

Max gets shaky at times, you can tell they are bringing him in to fully replace Merchant once Larry goes away.
            Floyd gets credit for both from me at least. The Marquez win was sketchy until he did as well as he did versus Manny at 144. In hindsight, I actually thought Marquez put up more of a fight than Mosley did versus Floyd. Mosley just looked like he didn't know what else to do after the overhand right.

To be fair, it was Roach who didn't want the Mosley fight at 147, they ended up taking the Cotto fight at 145 shortly after. But after the Cotto fight, they were willing and open for 147 fights (hence no more catchweights at welterweight other than the Marquez fight where Manny came in at 143 to Marquez's 142), but Mosley was tied up with Berto (initially).

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
              Floyd gets credit for both from me at least. The Marquez win was sketchy until he did as well as he did versus Manny at 144. In hindsight, I actually thought Marquez put up more of a fight than Mosley did versus Floyd. Mosley just looked like he didn't know what else to do after the overhand right.

To be fair, it was Roach who didn't want the Mosley fight at 147, they ended up taking the Cotto fight at 145 shortly after. But after the Cotto fight, they were willing and open for 147 fights (hence no more catchweights at welterweight other than the Marquez fight where Manny came in at 143 to Marquez's 142), but Mosley was tied up with Berto (initially).
              I was talking more in general to be honest.

But speaking of Mosley, Pac should have never taken the Mosley fight. He should have fought Andre Berto in May 2011. Berto was unbeaten, the #2 WW. It would have been far better than Pac-Mosley.

And Floyd should have went for the stoppage against Mosley. I fully believe had he really put his foot on the gas and went all in during the last few rounds, he could have forced a ref or corner stoppage. Same goes for Cotto in the 12th round of their fight when he hurt Cotto. He should have just gone for the TKO.

Comment

I was talking more in general to be honest.

But speaking of Mosley, Pac should have never taken the Mosley fight. He should have fought Andre Berto in May 2011. Berto was unbeaten, the #2 WW. It would have been far better than Pac-Mosley.

And Floyd should have went for the stoppage against Mosley. I fully believe had he really put his foot on the gas and went all in during the last few rounds, he could have forced a ref or corner stoppage. Same goes for Cotto in the 12th round of their fight when he hurt Cotto. He should have just gone for the TKO.
                why do you think he didn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                  why do you think he didn't?
                  Not that kind of fighter at 147-154. Knew he had the decision, was probably content with that would be my best guess.

Comment

• Jim Lampley is bias to HBO stars and that includes Floyd, Donaire etc... but Pac still won that fight with huge margin.

Comment

• from robbery, to pac won but close, to fight could've gone either way, to judges got it right...it's amazing how hate could fcuk up somebody's opinion

it's pretty much like the peds saga...from 14 days cut-off is fair, to take the test with no cut-off or no fight, to take the $40 million offer or you're ducking

it's not surprising that the same people are behind both propaganda.

Comment

Working...
                      X