Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-JMM IV is pointless if you ask me. There's not even going to belt on the line, though Pac should still have it of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
      Of course the compubox numbers were wrong, they were wrong in the Marquez fight too. Like I said, it's just a man pushing a button. Pacquiao still won that fight.

^^^
      no one is that ******...well maybe some are, but we at NSB know Lampley talks a bunch of bull**** (did the same **** in the mayweather-ortiz fight but no one wants to talk about it cause there was a sucker punch at hand) and that slow motion never lies (unless your arguing for Pacquiao in the Marquez fight...then it doesn't count)...I still had pac winning but we all seen those missed shots...it was a close fight nonetheless, cause Bradley didn't do enough to Pac. He boxed well in spots, but he himself just didn't land enough shots imo. The rematch is very interesting to me, but much of the public just won't be sold on it.

Comment

• Bradley won a lot more early rounds than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          ^^^
          no one is that ******...well maybe some are, but we at NSB know Lampley talks a bunch of bull**** (did the same **** in the mayweather-ortiz fight but no one wants to talk about it cause there was a sucker punch at hand) and that slow motion never lies (unless your arguing for Pacquiao in the Marquez fight...then it doesn't count)...I still had pac winning but we all seen those missed shots...it was a close fight nonetheless, cause Bradley didn't do enough to Pac. He boxed well in spots, but he himself just didn't land enough shots imo. The rematch is very interesting to me, but much of the public just won't be sold on it.
          I remember an exchange in the May-Ortiz fight where Ortiz had Floyd backed against the ropes and came in throwing his left hand, and Lampley yelled "Another left hand lead!!!!", nevermind the fact that Floyd countered with two flush left hooks to Ortiz' face. Steward set him straight right after though, and then Lampley was like "Good counter punch".

Or another momnet at the end of the 3rd, where Ortiz rushed in and Floyd countered with a right hand cross right on Ortiz and then followed up with an uppercut as Ortiz circled around...all Lampley said was "Victor ortiz is quick enough to fight with Floyd Mayweather".

Or in the 4th round when Ortiz had his first moment of success and landed a couple punches on Floyd and got him in the ropes, Lampley yelled "Ortiz is ripping Mayweather on the ropes!!!!!". Or before the headbutt happened he went ape s**t, when only 2 clear punches landed.

Or in the May-Oscar fight, Oscar would throw those weak ass body punches, and Lampley yelled "There is the sustained body attack from De La Hoya!!!", when the punches were landed on Foyd's trunks or arms.

Or in the May-Cotto fight, when Cotto won rounds 6 and 8, and when rounds 5 and 9 were closer and competitive, he flat out said Floyd has lost 4 rounds in a row. And then going into the final couple rounds, he said the fight was up int he air, which it clearly wasn't.

Lampley is the worst.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
            ^^^
            Lampley is so ****ing bad its getting to the point I can't listen to him. When floyd fights, he plays up everything floyds opponent does then changes his tune in the later rounds. In manny fights, he acts as if every punch is scoring and landing when it clearly isn't.

Why can't he just call a fight like Don DUnphy back in the day. Just tell me what happened. Its like Jim is simply saying things he thinks the audience wants to hear.

Comment

• guys i saw the fight four times...third time i saw with russian commentary and still came up with almost the same score...i don't know but i guess boxing fans are just gullible enough to be persuaded by hbo commentary. at the end of the day you can argue a case of a somewhat close scorecard...but nothing changes the fact that pac should of won that fight. bradley got a gift decision that night...sorry to say but your guy should of lost.
              Last edited by Bermuda; 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I remember an exchange in the May-Ortiz fight where Ortiz had Floyd backed against the ropes and came in throwing his left hand, and Lampley yelled "Another left hand lead!!!!", nevermind the fact that Floyd countered with two flush left hooks to Ortiz' face. Steward set him straight right after though, and then Lampley was like "Good counter punch".

Or another momnet at the end of the 3rd, where Ortiz rushed in and Floyd countered with a right hand cross right on Ortiz and then followed up with an uppercut as Ortiz circled around...all Lampley said was "Victor ortiz is quick enough to fight with Floyd Mayweather".

Or in the 4th round when Ortiz had his first moment of success and landed a couple punches on Floyd and got him in the ropes, Lampley yelled "Ortiz is ripping Mayweather on the ropes!!!!!". Or before the headbutt happened he went ape s**t, when only 2 clear punches landed.

Or in the May-Oscar fight, Oscar would throw those weak ass body punches, and Lampley yelled "There is the sustained body attack from De La Hoya!!!", when the punches were landed on Foyd's trunks or arms.

Or in the May-Cotto fight, when Cotto won rounds 6 and 8, and when rounds 5 and 9 were closer and competitive, he flat out said Floyd has lost 4 rounds in a row. And then going into the final couple rounds, he said the fight was up int he air, which it clearly wasn't.

Lampley is the worst.
                Amen 4corners. I mean we are talking about a guy whose "****, ****, ****" BS isn't even his worse trangression. Its like he isn't calling the fight, he's shaping it towrds whatever he thinks the consumer wants.

Comment

Lampley is the worst.

What's crazy is out of the big 3 (Steward, Merchant and Lampley), I think Lampley is the most solid.

There have actually been times he's defended Floyd from Merchant.

Given the circumstances, Lampley's a solid guy. Merchant is just wrong, and Steward does/says whatever the hell he's told to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    What's crazy is out of the big 3 (Steward, Merchant and Lampley), I think Lampley is the most solid.

There have actually been times he's defended Floyd from Merchant.

Given the circumstances, Lampley's a solid guy. Merchant is just wrong, and Steward does/says whatever the hell he's told to do.
                    Merchant is just old, never really says what he thinks is going on. Steward is better than Lampley when it comes to announcing what is happening in the Ring, for the most part. Though still not that good. Lampley is awful at announcing what is going on though.

Showtime, aside from Gus Johnson's nuts and guts ****** ass, is far better.

Comment

Merchant is just old, never really says what he thinks is going on. Steward is better than Lampley when it comes to announcing what is happening in the Ring, for the most part. Though still not that good. Lampley is awful at announcing what is going on though.

Showtime, aside from Gus Johnson's nuts and guts ****** ass, is far better.
                      I don't know man, I'm going with Lampley. There's been times when Steward spoke his mind and gave an honest opinion, then after getting slapped by Merchant said "you're right Larry" lol The dude is balless.

Lampley can be objective out of the 3. Especially when Larry's hating and Steward is telling Larry how right he is because he's scared of the reprucussions.

Regarding Gus, you don't like Mr. Nutz and Gutz, himself??? lol All jokes aside, I think he's solid also, with Lampley.

Comment

Working...
                      X