Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That round seven commentary and accompanying CompuBox numbers are disgraceful. With seconds left to go in the round, Lampley says, "Bradley has landed more punches this round." Then seconds later (after seeing the CompuBox #'s), says "Bradley has not landed more punches this round." Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      I agree..I thought the fight in a whole was close,hell damn near every rd..Damn shame that people let the decision because they did not agree with it(or it was not what they wanted)effect the fact that this was a really good fight...

They'll continue to point out popular opinion, while I'll instead continue to re-analyze the evidence. I expect this one to boil over sooner than I expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I've not seen Floyd in a close fight since Hoya..Hatton came to fight but that fight was not close at all..So when have they done this same thing for Floyd??What fight??
        I'm not writing about the fight being close. I'm writing about the nuthugging. HBO does it with both Manny and Floyd. They do it with Donaire to a lesser extent. Surprisingly, Martinez's fights are commentated objectively most of the time. BTW, Floyd's fight with Oscar wasn't close at all. Floyd gave Oscar a boxing masterclass.
        Last edited by Pocket Dogs!; 06-19-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          That round seven commentary and accompanying CompuBox numbers are disgraceful. With seconds left to go in the round, Lampley says, "Bradley has landed more punches this round." Then seconds later (after seeing the CompuBox #'s), says "Bradley has not landed more punches this round." Unbelievable.
          This is why Compubox should do a 2nd run of the fight and release them as official numbers. Lampley shot himself in the foot showing the 7th round on his show because the round was basically a draw for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
            Same shit, different day. Wahhh wahhhh, why are they nuthugging Pac so much?!?!?!?!

Ever listen to the commentary during a Floyd fight? They do the exact same thing with Floyd (except for Merchant, of course).
            To the same extent we saw last Saturday? I don't think so. Watch Floyd's fight against Ortiz, where Lampley is crediting Ortiz for punches that aren't even landing. Also, Floyd is actually dominating, putting the stamp on rounds.

Comment

• holy crap....bradley did really dished a boxing lesson against pac just by watching the vid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless* View Post

I understand people’s argument that Pacman won or Bradley won, however, to claim this fight was completely one sided is laughable. HBO bias commentary definitely influenced a majority of posters and so called boxing expert.

nice vid, i actually mentioned alot of this post fight. The Lederman comments were perplexing to say the least, Bradley was actually focusing on moving his head like a mad man anytime Manny flurried. As for the str8 left, he got popped good a few time, but that's gonna happen when it comes that quick, however he actually did a VERY VERY good job of avoiding that punch because it was the only punch from Manny he was really looking for and adamant about avoiding.

Some of this commentary is up there with the dribble from MErchant, Lampley and Steward in the Oscar vs FMJ fight, which was awful.

Comment

• The other thing to notice is how many shots Tim avoided by ducking to the waist line or below. Who else does that alot, but faster and better?????

Comment

• Bradley is a power puff and he still backed Manny off more than a few times and more important than that he made him reset when he turned on the offense. He studies the last JMM fight alot imho. They prob watched it more than 10 times.

Comment

• Maybe Lampley's funky glasses don't let him see right or it just might be the coke.

Pac won the fight regardless but they refused to give credit to Bradley which his defense that night was excellent. He didn't look like your typical Pac victim that ends up all swollen and broken down.

HBO is notorious for doing this type of stuff. Compu box is not accurate and a lot of people give it too much credit. It gives you a sense of the fight but it doesn't tell a story.

Look how HBO is hyping Chavez Jr, they have always done this.

Trust your eyes people, don't let anybody tell you what you are watching is not real.

Comment

Working...
                      X