Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He still great imo, he would easily Ko or tko Bradley in the mid rounds but for some unknown reason he suddenly stepped off the gas in round 7 or 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2012 View Post
      Why are some Pacquiao fans so obsessed with glorifying their man?

Pacquiao flopped after the 7th. He looked totally fatigued while Bradley put on a brave performance. When you have a close fight decisions can always go either way.
      Because they hate being wrong, and refuse to acknowledge that Manny isn't the best fighter today, because as long as Floyd is still active, Manny will always be second best, at best.
      Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Everybody saying boxing is dead is really starting to annoy me
      Those aren't real boxing fans, real fans will stick with the sport they love for the love of the sport, not leave it because of politics, corruption, or any other superficial excuse.
      Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Because Jim Lampley said he won
      Exactly.

Comment

• He was busy chasing Bradley cuz Bradley kept eating straight lefts and didn't want to stay in the pocket with pac. He got tired from following him. Even Roach told him in the corner to stop following Bradley.

Comment

• whyte jezus, bob arum, age, not cheating on your wife anymore, and henessey is a deadly combination and is a means for disaster

new pu$$y makes u stronger, seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
            Then why didn't Floyd KO Cotto if you are saying that he rocked Cotto more than Manny did to Bradley??!!! I gave a good statistic and you came back with this??!!! Yes Floyd connected with some solid punches against Cotto but did not staggered Cotto at all, maybe just once in the 12fth round... Manny connected way more solid punches against Bradley, staggered him multiple times in the mid rounds but was not able to KO him coz i think, Manny was not going for the knock out in this match for he was always looking out for the counter, that's why he was not sitting down on his punches more.... But still my argument, Floyd against a game fighter like Cotto came out with 26% accuracy, while Manny against a quick, mobile boxer in Bradley came out with 34% accuracy, I don't really get it how a one-dimensional, wild and volume puncher can be more accurate as against a very skillful, pot-shotter??!!!
            My friend we are going to have to agree to disagree. However, I will attempt to answer your original question in why was Pacquiao more accurate against a mobile fighter as opposed to Mayweather against a game fighter? I guess it all comes down to styles. Mayweather is more of a defensive counter-puncher as opposed to Pacquiao who is more of an offensive boxer puncher. For instance since moving up to 147, Manny's opponents tend to be a lot slower, therefore enabling him to throw many more punches without the fear of being countered and land them at a much higher percentage. As opposed to Mayweather, who tends to throw fewer punches but land them at a much accurate rate. However, as his punch output increases, so does his connect percentage decreases as evident in the Cotto bout.

As far as the Bradley/Pacquiao fight goes, I still thought Manny won the fight but I don't think that it was as convincing or as dominating as most of us on here tend to believe. I agree, he clearly won most of the earlier rounds However, towards the later rounds of the fight; Either due to being overconfident, fatigue or just simply bored, he became complacent and appear to coast. Which probably ended up costing him the fight on two of the official judges scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
              That's the thing I took from this weekend, he is still good but no longer great

He is now just one of a bunch of guys in and around 147 like khan , Bradley, ortiz and brook

He is clearly not the force of nature he once was, and although he got robbed here he is one or two fights away from losing clean to a "normal" fighter
              I agree and I knew this shiiit was going to happen. Mayweather and Pacquiao will not be in their primes if they ever fight and that is a big let down to boxing fans. I believe Mayweather, with his style, will do much better at an older age. Pacquiao need his youth to fight the pace he used to. Now he is turning it on at the last minute of each round, because he doesn't have the stamina he used to. I think Pac is still a step above the other guys besides Mayweather, but definitely not what he was in 2008/2010. What a shame that fight was never made. It means nothing now, to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                That's the thing I took from this weekend, he is still good but no longer great

He is now just one of a bunch of guys in and around 147 like khan , Bradley, ortiz and brook

He is clearly not the force of nature he once was, and although he got robbed here he is one or two fights away from losing clean to a "normal" fighter

End of Story!

Timmy had a broken ankle too

PS ; All you guys who think Pac looked great this past weekend need a cat scan.
                He tried to steal rounds....HE TRIED TO STEAL ROUNDS !!!
                Last edited by rambov; 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  My friend we are going to have to agree to disagree. However, I will attempt to answer your original question in why was Pacquiao more accurate against a mobile fighter as opposed to Mayweather against a game fighter? I guess it all comes down to styles. Mayweather is more of a defensive counter-puncher as opposed to Pacquiao who is more of an offensive boxer puncher. For instance since moving up to 147, Manny's opponents tend to be a lot slower, therefore enabling him to throw many more punches without the fear of being countered and land them at a much higher percentage. As opposed to Mayweather, who tends to throw fewer punches but land them at a much accurate rate. However, as his punch output increases, so does his connect percentage decreases as evident in the Cotto bout.

As far as the Bradley/Pacquiao fight goes, I still thought Manny won the fight but I don't think that it was as convincing or as dominating as most of us on here tend to believe. I agree, he clearly won most of the earlier rounds However, towards the later rounds of the fight; Either due to being overconfident, fatigue or just simply bored, he became complacent and appear to coast. Which probably ended up costing him the fight on two of the official judges scorecards.
                  also if one checks the records cotto always does great against boxers and bad against pressure fighters

Comment

• Another thing though, some of those other fighters you mentioned don't have Tim's heart, determination, conditioning and more importantly defense. Also, one of them is extremely unproven, Brook. I do get what your saying though.

Comment

• he's past it obviously...this is the first time i saw pac phasing himself during the rounds like trying to conserve energy.

he still have enough to beat all the names mentioned though so he's still levels above them even at his past prime stage.

and i don't wanna see a rematch with bradley but if it happened, pac will beat him again and 10 times out of 10 just in case.

Comment

Working...
                      X