Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Bradley is Boxing Judge Robert Hoyle and vice versa

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Cotto is slower than Bradley and does not know how to dodge a punch like Bradley does. Please don't tell me you see Cotto using head movement to dodge punches. His defense consists of putting his gloves in front of his face like joshua Clottey and Winky Wright. There is no comparison between Cotto and Bradley. Let Pac throw his combo punches and miss and see if he doesn't gas out.
      you need to read my post again. i was not comparing cotto to bradley style-wise. you brought up good jab as weapon against pac and cotto has it but it didn't work. ironically, cotto's jab worked against floyd.

when dealing with pac, it's not just about jab and head movement...what comes next after those moves is more important. that's where jmm was successful...his counterpunching. he counter-attacks with combinations and accurate punching. can bradley do that? we'll see. and don't forget that pac has good movements and footwork too. if bradley is a moving target, so does pac.
      Last edited by brick wall; 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        you need to read my post again. i was not comparing cotto to bradley style-wise. you brought up good jab as weapon against pac and cotto has it but it didn't work. ironically, cotto's jab worked against floyd.

when dealing with pac, it's not just about jab and head movement...what comes next after those moves is more important. that's where jmm was successful...his counterpunching. he counter-attacks with combinations and accurate punching. can bradley do that? well see. and don't forget that pac has good movements and footwork too. if bradley is a moving target, so does pac.
        I don't think Bradley is as good a counter puncher as Marquez but i have seen him drop a guy off of a counter shot(Edner Cherry). I think his slipping and ducking punches making Pac miss is gonna tire Manny out somewhat. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          I don't think Bradley is as good a counter puncher as Marquez but i have seen him drop a guy off of a counter shot(Edner Cherry). I think his slipping and ducking punches making Pac miss is gonna tire Manny out somewhat. We will see.
          yeah we'll see...let's just agree to disagree for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Safer that way, you wouldn't want to see too much "for, the night is dark and full of terrors"
            "safe" is betting on Bradley.

War Bradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post

24/7 Road to Pacquiao/Bradley: First Look - Pacquiao

24/7 Road to Pacquiao/Bradley: First Look - Bradley
              thanks bro!

Comment

• Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine

Lem: According to Nevada commission -- Pacquiao's base purse is $6 million, Bradley's, $5 million #boxing
                Retweeted by FIGHTHYPE.COM
                Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine

Lem: According to Nevada commission -- Pacquiao's base purse is $6 million, Bradley's, $5 million #boxing
                  Retweeted by FIGHTHYPE.COM
                  Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

Straight from The Fat Man......

I've been over this before. The figures written a Nevada contract are not necessarily the real number for big PPV guys. They get most of their money off PPV generally. So if Manny's "official" purse is $8 million fine. But he is guaranteed in his contract with Top Rank (which is not something the commission would have or release if if did) something like $20 million or whatever. The money is the money. One of the reasons for the disaprity is because Manny is not a US citizen and is often paid a large amount of his money through his Filipino promotional company and deals in the Philippines for things like the television revenue there. So while it looks like a big difference it is not in reality. So folks can keep on drinking the kool aid. But they dont get how the business actually works when it comes to fighters from overseas. I once covered a world title fight in Vegas with a champion from South Africa in say about 2002. His Nevada contract for a world title fight said his official purse was like $1,000. But he was making more like $50,000 because of the TV money from South Africa. You can do anything with numbers. What is written on the Nevada paper for big time fights isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    "safe" is betting on Bradley.

War Bradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    If Bradley had KO power, I'd put a couple hundo on him but since he'll rely on a decision and he is against Pac, I'll stick to E-points.

Bradley is going to be slipping from side to side and pounding that body...Roach had a vid showing that Pac is going to be doing this crazy body blocking stuff followed by a right had counter. Pac will put his hands in the air and invite Bradley to punch him....everyone knows that.

Roach is trying to get Pac to box Bradley and use Bradley's aggression against him..all Bradley has to do is box...use the jab and follow with the straight right when Pac throws the lead left. I fully expect Bradley to put on a great performance...Pac will be impressive as always but Bradley's performance will make a lot of people realize how good he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED View Post
                      Even if Bradley beats Pacquiao... he won't win.

Which is why the whole thing sucks.

Bradley has to knock out Pacquiao to get an actual W.... forget it.
                      Pretty much....

Comment

Working...
                      X