No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Giovani Segura: 100% Mexican Fighter Looks To Repeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gio is a badman.

He's shutting Calderón down, down, down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
      I just wanted to add that I actually get along better with PR's then I do with Mexicans. PR's are crazy as hell and make you laugh. I was lucky enough to have befriended a good # of PR's in the Army. My Mexican bros are too introverted for me and sometimes too damn macho. It is what it is.
      It's our culture, you know this. This is why we don't seem to get a long at times because PR's are loud, extroverts who like to have a good time.

Mexicans are more quiet and keep to themsleves. It's the way we been taught our whole life, to keep your mouth shut, that actions are louder than words.

It is what it is, it's not a knock on either side, it's just cultural.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
        I just wanted to add that I actually get along better with PR's then I do with Mexicans. PR's are crazy as hell and make you laugh. I was lucky enough to have befriended a good # of PR's in the Army. My Mexican bros are too introverted for me and sometimes too damn macho. It is what it is.
        Its cultural. Listen to the difference in the hymns, Mexico is singing about fighting for freedom (very much like the French which I think is the most badass of em all, fight or they will kill your wives and your kids its patriotic as all hell) and we sing about beautiful beaches... I'm a proud islander, but I always wonder about these little nuances...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
          It's our culture, you know this. This is why we don't seem to get a long at times because PR's are loud, extroverts who like to have a good time.

Mexicans are more quiet and keep to themsleves. It's the way we been taught our whole life, to keep your mouth shut, that actions are louder than words.

It is what it is, it's not a knock on either side, it's just cultural.
          The funny thing is, I was raised exactly like you say (be quiet, be respectful). Somewhere along the line, that was lost. If you go to the interior, to the more humble rural areas that is still the upbringing. Now, everyone seems to puff out their chest, braggarts for the most part, more bark than bite, and yet you can't really go around being so, too many kids packing heat with no conscience going around... It's an odd situation, because you don't know who is full of hot air and who is actually going in hot lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
            The funny thing is, I was raised exactly like you say (be quiet, be respectful). Somewhere along the line, that was lost. If you go to the interior, to the more humble rural areas that is still the upbringing. Now, everyone seems to puff out their chest, braggarts for the most part, more bark than bite, and yet you can't really go around being so, too many kids packing heat with no conscience going around... It's an odd situation, because you don't know who is full of hot air and who is actually going in hot lol
            I will say this. I was born and raised in the U.S, there's a lot of Mexicans from Mexico that think the same way about us "pochos" ...jaja

I have also lived in PR and have a kid from a PR chick. I LOVE the PR people, I love all the Caribbean people because they seem to all have the same attitude about life, really laid back and good people.

The PR's from NY though, seem to be very different. I'm not going to lie, I have met some that got on my nerve and I had to leave the room or place because I knew I would end up having problems with them.

People from the Island are really cool people, I don't have anything against them, love PR food, music, culture and women.

Comment

pulling for iron boy but i think at this point in his career, segura is too much for him. in his prime he would have boxed circles around him but he has been gettin hit alot with guys who had no pop and segura packs plenty and i see it being the same outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                I will say this. I was born and raised in the U.S, there's a lot of Mexicans from Mexico that think the same way about us "pochos" ...jaja

I have also lived in PR and have a kid from a PR chick. I LOVE the PR people, I love all the Caribbean people because they seem to all have the same attitude about life, really laid back and good people.

The PR's from NY though, seem to be very different. I'm not going to lie, I have met some that got on my nerve and I had to leave the room or place because I knew I would end up having problems with them.

People from the Island are really cool people, I don't have anything against them, love PR food, music, culture and women.
                I agree with you and Hallaqsillaq to an extent but c'mon man...go to a Rican party...its loud and music is loud and people are dancing yelling drinking, dancing and having a good time you know. Go to a Mexican party and its the same ish. Loud music, drinking, dancing partying.

There are definitely cultural differences but there are many similiarities too. I am not talking about a Mexican "Pocho" party either. Go to a party with Mexican's from Mexico and that ish is off the hook...just like the Rican party. As far as the Macho comment..I guess it depends on the person. I have seem many machistas that were Rican or Mexican or Cuban or Argentino for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                X