No announcement yet.

California Judge: "Golden Boy Violated Top Rank's agreement with Donaire"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, poor Nonito, he may not get a decent opponent until June 2013

Top Rank signed Donaire to a three-year contract with a one-year option on June 26, 2008. But Donaire was on medical suspension for more than 300 days in the first year of the contract. Top Rank says there is a clause in its contract with Donaire that adds time onto the contract whenever a fighter is unable to perform because of suspension. That time clause is common in many fighters’ contracts.

As a result, Top Rank claims that its three-year contract thus runs into early June 2012 and that the one-year option, which it exercised, takes Donaire into June 2013.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...ire_case032911

Comment

I'm afraid for Nonito because Uncle Bob might "Ice" him and he might also receive a smaller payout in his future fights and the worst part of it all is... Uncle Bob might put his Fight in Pontiac Silverdome in Detroit, were people their doesn't care to much about boxing just to pi$$ed the Donaire's off.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
        why do you have to let it out on me though?

Be happy the Internet space is between us, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          if u guys were following the whole situation (pre donaire) u would know that this doesnt have anything to do with donaire...this ruling specifically concerns top rank and gbp. weinstein is their mediator. whatever is going on btw donaire and arum is separate from this.
          Somebody with some sense instead of the toprank circle jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            FWIW...I just wish Arum would let him go to GBP anyway.

Gamboa and Lopez are way more talented than him, and actually have the desire to be great.

Donaire will continue to fight smaller guys, take the easy road and try to play the victim role. Let GBP deal with his b1tch @ss.
            I don't know if you playing or this is some type of Internet persona but your d1ck riding is some next level ****.

Comment

I don't think that Arum would necessarily drive DONAIRE to the ground. If anything he would capitalize on his momentum, ride his potency because Donaire is now a hot-commodity.

It was bad in Donaire's decision not to read the contract and certainly ****** for GBP to sign likewise without going through the contracts without barbed-wires sticking out there.

But if Arum would "exploit" Donaire's momentum with big contracts and wins everyone would be happier, me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                I don't know if you playing or this is some type of Internet persona but your d1ck riding is some next level ****.
                No...I've never like Donaire, even when he was with Shaw.

Arum should just let this guy go to GBP

Comment

GBP is so unprofessional and dumb... They have a lot of money and HBO behind then, but that's about it. Top Rank is the past, present, and now the future with SHowtime and CBS. **** GBP and there amateurish ways.

I hate Arum BTW, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    No...I've never like Donaire, even when he was with Shaw.

Arum should just let this guy go to GBP
                    oh you a vic arch fan. I got it now.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      You need to get Arum's **** out of your mouth. I find it boggling that so many people support the promoters and condone them taking actions to **** their career.
                      So you mean to tell me if you were a pomoter and a fighter tried to burn you, you wouldn't do the same thing?

Donair will be leaving top rank no matter what. Arum ****ted on his wife so I just can't see it working out.

Why continue to build him up for the next promoter? That makes no sense what so ever...

If anything Arum should just let him go, but If he does **** on Donaire that's what nonito gets. Shaw didn't let any of his fighters face him, big names anyway, because he said his wasn't rewarding disloyalty. Darchinyan had go beg Gary for the rematch and even then Shaw said he wanted nothing to do with him.

I'm sorry but Donaire gets nothing from me and why would anyone feel sorry for him. Dude should have just waiting, but by him trying to pull a fast on one of the dirtiest promoters in boxing, he had to know there might be some negative consequences for his actions.

Comment

Working...
                      X