No announcement yet.

California Judge: "Golden Boy Violated Top Rank's agreement with Donaire"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    Isn't Donaire's contract with Top Rank going to expire soon anyway? I don't understand why Nonito had to go through this mess when he could've just waited a few more months before signing with GBP.
    Rachel twisted Donaire's arm

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
      Isn't Donaire's contract with Top Rank going to expire soon anyway? I don't understand why Nonito had to go through this mess when he could've just waited a few more months before signing with GBP.
      Exactly what I have been saying all along... Donaire could have waited for his contract with TR to expire cleanly without any gray area... This is really bad timing on the part of Nonito, and now it seems bad timing too for GBP.

Nonito should have consulted an independent lawyer instead of relying on GBP lawyers. Not very smart really.

I hope Nonito and TR finds a common ground out of this mess. I hate to see Nonito's career held up with legal entanglements.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        2012 he's off.

he couldn't just fight 1-2 more fights under top rank and then move?

now watch......he's gonna be sitting inactive 'til 2012.

bye bye momentum he got from montiel win.
        I don't think that will happen. There is gonna be a lot of pressure on Arum.

Comment

bob arum f@cking up careers daily

Comment

Weinsten is from TR's camp, of course he's gonna say that arums contract is valid. Title thread is misleading, GNP still in the clear as far as they're concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              bob arum f@cking up careers daily
              lol, there are many reasons to hate Arum, but this is Donaire (ahem Rachel's) fault this time buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                Bad timing for GBP as usual.
                i don't understand why they don't read through contracts and wait until they expire. They could've had pacquiao and donaire if they had any patience and competence.

Bob should've practiced more tact though.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Nonito how is he suppose to know GBP has an agreement with Top Rank not to poach fighters?

GBP is the one that should have known better and they will most likely pay to clean the mess up. as there is no going back

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    This has nothing to do with Nonito how is he suppose to know GBP has an agreement with Top Rank not to poach fighters?

GBP is the one that should have known better and they will most likely pay to clean the mess up. as there is no going back

they screwed one of TR's rising stars either way

Comment

DAMN! That is not going to be good for Donaire because Arum is going to try and RUIN HIM if he has to go back to Top Rank, for his sake I hope GBP gets to keep him and the Judge just force GBP to pay Arum and also get a cut for his next few fights because if Donaire has to go back to Top Rank...HE IS DONE!
                      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X