No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Marcos Maidana Ready For Glory With Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by English puncher View Post
    Maidana will always struggle with strong boxers who wont cower in front of him, kotelnik beat him, ortiz had him down, so did khan, maidana is always a punch away from winning, but thats about it

War morales!!!!
    Good point, but I am questioning Morales' strength/endurance/resilience at 140 bro, as well as his ability to keep Maidana off him.

I really hope you are right. Enjoy the fight man.

Comment

Originally posted by I_like_wendys View Post
      Maidana looks like beiber in the first pic
      AHAHH that's what I thought

WARRR Marcos-Bieber !!

Comment

Maidanna has got this one....

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
          Good point, but I am questioning Morales' strength/endurance/resilience at 140 bro, as well as his ability to keep Maidana off him.

I really hope you are right. Enjoy the fight man.
          you too pal, It should hopefully b e a good one especially for the mexican great ... in regards to his conditioning and strength, you may have a point, keeping maidana at bay is easy for nobody ...

... but and I keep referring to this fighter, limond has certain qualities likewise at the weight, and khan struggled, say what you will about his trainer etc at the time, but khan was still very gifted, more than most before he improved under the roach, and morales handled willie, so I think he will be fine, another referral .. is ol chop chop, if chop chops can do the distance morales has a good chance, and en route could school the argentine!!!

Whatever happens people need to give erik a look in, he has far more left to offer than a roy jones or a golota does thats for sure!!

Comment

i think erik will school this kid.....
            i predict a 12 round ud for erik. his ring experience will be his advantage

warrr el terrible!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure how this one will end. Will Maidana hurt Morales and finish him off with a follow up barrage (KO/waved off by ref)? Or will the old legend quit on his stool?

This fight is a mismatch. Willie Limond is a mediocre lightweight. Maidana's recent results have proven that he is one of the top light welterweights in the world. I don't know why Morales' victory over Limond, in which Erik was routinely hit cleanly by his feather-fisted opponent, is being brought up as releveant to this fight. Limond has struggled with some truly awful competition.

Even more laughable is the idea that Morales is somehow revitalized at 140. He looks weak and bloated, and he no longer has the massive height/reach advantage he used to routinely enjoy.

Maidana has almost every advantage: size, strength, power, hand speed... At this point in their respective careers, Maidana even has a huge advantage in heart/will power.

This is 2011. Morales is not fighting at 126, he is not 6 inches taller than his opponent, he is way past his prime as a fighter (too many wars) and he is not hungry. I seriously doubt "heart" will play a role in this fight, because it looks like such a mismatch, but if it does, Maidana can be expected to gut it out, while Morales can be expected to once again seek retirement.

Comment

Working...
              X