Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Erupts: Rips Bob Arum Over Donaire Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now Arum is resorting to insulting a boxers wife? And it probably had to do with the fact that he claims she insulted Pacs wife which in turn is like insulting Pac himself. And maybe he's hoping Pac fans will see it that way. Which some will. I have seen pics of her and she looks normal to me. She looks like she is young, works out and wants to show what she has accomplished. Big deal. I would much rather see that then a women dressed as my old English teacher sitting front row. Im not Phillipino so I don't know if he's connected with them but I can say he has connected with boxing fans (real boxing fans) and isn't that the goal.

Comment

Fuk .. Arum..

Dude is scum..

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I can say he has connected with boxing fans (real boxing fans) and isn't that the goal.
        uhhh the goal s 2 draw more than 5,000 ppl 2 ur fight most of whom r rootn 4 the other guy. omg.

Comment

Arum saying 'Nonito signing with Golden Boy was a mistake and his wife's counsel was harmful to him and his career' is one thing, but the whole 'tarted up' thing or whatever he said was totally uncalled for. Discussing business is one thing but launching personal attacks, especially aimed at a guy's wife, isn't going to make you look good.

The promotions game is as much about contracts as it is about public opinion, Bob should know that better than anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            uhhh the goal s 2 draw more than 5,000 ppl 2 ur fight most of whom r rootn 4 the other guy. omg.
            Well yeah but do they all need to be Phillipinos? No. That' all I'm saying. Arum promoted him bad

Comment

"Lady Savage" aka "Knock Queen" aka Rachel Donaire should be a role model to all young Filipino women.

Contrary to the belief that shes some wanna be Jin Mosley or model chic, she's a very accomplished athlete herself.

http://usa-taekwondo.us/athletes/rachel-marcial

Comment

What Arum is saying is true...Filipinos don't like Donaire.

Comment

I dont agree with Donaire jumping ship esp because the good boxers that are near his weight class are under Top Rank Promotion.

But with Bob Arum showing his true colors, I guess it was a good decision for DOnaire. If you're promoter does not believe in you then why continue working for him.

Bob Arum is a b@stard, hyprocrite @ss.

Comment

Schaefer should be ashamed of himself saying all those things. Every time he opens his mouth a lot of ****s goes back to his face.

Rachel can be young, hip, and fashionable anytime and anyway she wants, but does she have to insult the way Jinkee dresses? That is plain and simple jealousy. Nobody in the Philippine media would call Rachel for what she is because of Pinoy’s culture of respect… I am glad Arum is saying it publicly. Damn… as I said earlier, I really hate it when I have to defend arum.

Now, let us try to understand who has the lowest life in boxing. Let us dissect what Schaefer is saying here.

Schaefer, says there is nothing wrong with Rachel looking out for her husband’s boxing affair. He even went further by saying all boxer’s wives should do the same…. Hmmm, Schaefer wants every fighter’s wives to emulate Jinn Mosley??? Dude, I know what you are thinking man. I don’t blame you if you think Rachel is hot. I wonder who the low life here is.

Putting sarcasm aside, I don’t know of any fighter that has become successful with their wives handling their boxing affairs. Everyone who took this route was taken advantage of by people like Schaefer. This is why I sympathized with Donito. And I sincerely hope that he wakes up very soon and controls his wife before it is too late.

Schaefer said, “What fighter wants to have a promoter who trashes him in public like this?” I nearly fell out of my computer chair when I read this. Wasn’t GBP including Schaefer the people leading the trash talk about Pac using PED without any basis?... Now who is the low life here?

The only thing I agree with Schaefer's statement, is his comment about Nonito being one of the best and the most exciting fighter. I hope GBP doesn’t destroy his career. Pinoy’s will never forgive them.

Schaefer
                    Last edited by Dale Cardon; 03-23-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer was fired up after reading some of the recent comments that appeared on BoxingScene.com from Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum. The promotional rivalry reached another level last week when WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire announced that he was leaving Top Rank and signed a promotional agreement with Golden Boy. The promotional status of Donaire will be decided in a court of law, as Top Rank claims to hold a valid contract on the boxer, and they are going to exercise their legal right to enforce it.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      shafer is dead on when he says that arum doesnt like it when somebody looks out for a fighter, just like when arum started trashing roach because roach wanted pacroid to go with golden boy where he could keep all his ppv earnings not just a percentage like arum gives him.golden boy gives their fighters a much better deal than arum , arum is a lowlife scumbag, and frankly the sport will be better off when hes gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X