Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum put Donaire's career in the back seat and sat on him like a throw pillow.. Well good for him. Y'know, you never know the real value of what you have until you lose it...now let's move on. what are we having for dinner bob?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELPERRO View Post
      Took my thoughts and put it on your post. I agree, it's up to the promoter to give his fighter publicity. Donaire did his part in giving out spectacular performances. It was only logical to put donaire on pacs undercards in order to get more exposure to philipinos, boxing fans, and the casual fan. Ms. Donaire even said that was one of the main reasons they even signed with old man burns...i mean Bob Arum.

Bob did something right though, He gave him a shot at Montiel. That boosted Donaire's rep big time! To bad he waited till his last fight of his contract to do it. I guess Bob thought that with that fight he would sign to an extension.
      Good one and good post.

Comment

• Arum is just raging cuz of Donaire's ***** move.
        I mean I would if I were promoting Donaire lol

Comment

• WHAT?!?! everytime nonito hit fernando the crowd went crazy, I remember saying "those crazy filipinos are loud". He has connected with his fans and there were plenty of filipinos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auTcRpVrNpk

Comment

• This is just a bad press release from boxingscene from TopRank

Comment

• Arum forgets that there are very many American "Filipinos" that support Donaire as well and many of us would buy any Donaire PPV now! Not only is Donaire the second best fighter in the world he is exciting to watch!

Comment

• There is some truth to what Arum is saying. I was at the fight and it was about 4:1 Latinos over Filipinos in the crowd of 4500+. They were practically giving ringside seats away.

That being said, I'm Filipino and a big fan of Donaire's for a few years now, only because I love the sport of boxing. Many Filipinos got into the sport only because of Pacquiao and his celebrity status, so if it ain't Pacquiao...they aren't watching it.

Comment

• I just hope Filipinos can see what Arum is trying to do here.
                  He knows that he lost Donaire to GBP. He is now trying to make Filipinos hate their own. He is trying to engrave Donaire hate in the minds of the Filipinos. He's done this before. Filipino should not let Arum put ideas in their minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Bantamweight ruler Nonito Donaire's sudden defection to archrival Golden Boy seemed to be taken in stride by Top Rank boss Bob Arum. I made a column out of it a few days ago when, upon reflecting on Donaire declaring himself a free agent and then inking with Team De La Hoya, Arum reflected back on past fighter defections and near defections.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    Arum should shut up....

Filipinos like Donaire... he might never get the stature of Pacquiao when it comes to popularity and acceptance, but eventually Nonito will connect with the Pinoy masses.

All Nonito has to do is keep on winning in style. It will help a lot though if he can keep Rachel to shut up.

Comment

• "intelligent" / "real" phillipino boxing fans support Donaire alot, most of the ones who "really" know about boxing even think Donaire is a better boxer than Pacquiao.

The ones who don't know **** about boxing don't support Donaire at all and think Pacquiao well.... you already know.

Comment

Working...
                      X