Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does he(Arum) know? Well of course until Pacquiao retires, Nonito won't be as big as Pac but he's on track if he keeps on winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Because he's an American citizen?

He has dual citizenship, and he speaks English, Tagalog and Visaya fluently. He's more like 70% Pinoy and 30% American only because he resides and earns his keep here in the US.

Looks like Bob Arum has no case on Donaire's jumping ship at this point of his career, and it must be a bitter pill to swallow for him, just like the feeling of a hustler being hustled.

And Bob, I'm Pinoy and I bought a couple of your Pinoy Power PPVs because of Donaire...

Comment

• Originally posted by serv View Post
        Arum should shut up....

Filipinos like Donaire... he might never get the stature of Pacquiao when it comes to popularity and acceptance, but eventually Nonito will connect with the Pinoy masses.

All Nonito has to do is keep on winning in style. It will help a lot though if he can keep Rachel to shut up.

Pinoys will support Donaire, we like his style of boxing, we look for his hard punches and wait for the KO......

Donaire may not yet have the full support of Pinoys like Pacquiao wherein Filipino politicians will travel to Vegas or Texas just to watch Pacman or local cinemas willl feature Pacmans live fights

We'll support any Pinoy boxer and hope they win......we'll watch Donaire's fights .............but as long as it's free

Comment

• That doesn't make sense to me.Why wouldn't Filipinio's support a young,prime fighter who's climbing up the ladder of elite fighters without having to pay 50 bucks a pop.I don't believe that for a second.Donaire is smashing world class fighters right now,something his countryman can't claim in at least his last 2 fights.

Comment

• [QUOTE=micky1971;10273461]well, i dont know any filipino people but i know they are devout believers in god and are full of pride for their own when it comes to the world stage in whatever career one of them represents.]

Yup bro! I agree on this one.....

Fighting pride on our own....win or lose

BUT....just don't give us shame......we'll definitely disown them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              That doesn't make sense to me.Why wouldn't Filipinio's support a young,prime fighter who's climbing up the ladder of elite fighters without having to pay 50 bucks a pop.I don't believe that for a second.Donaire is smashing world class fighters right now,something his countryman can't claim in at least his last 2 fights.
              Pinoys will always support a young, prime fighter who's climbing up the ladder of elite fighters even with or without paying 50 bucks......

Paying 50 bucks for PPV.....Better ask that to Pinoys based at the US of A......I think they would rather spend their hard earn money on essential things....

We local Pinoys will always watch a Pinoy fight......it's usually shown free (courtesy of product sponsors, you just have to bear with the 15-20 minute commercials between rounds)

Comment

• LLS at Arum admitting he failed at properly promoting Donaire. Now he is mad that Donaire made a business decision. Again Arum is lying saying its never personal.

Comment

• Donaire is NOT Filipino, his parents are he is not. He is Filipino American, he is about as much Filipino as De La Hoya is Mexican and Shane Mosley is African. If you are born in the states or came here before your 12th birthday or spent more than half your life here you are American. The Filipino media does not follow him like they follow Pacquiao. The world doesn't stop over there when he fights. He has a good Filipino American following but not a Filipino following. There is a BIG difference between the two. Arum might be hating but what he said is true. Example - De La Hoya isn't the man in Mexico, Julio Cesar Chavez is and Salvador Sanchez was.

Comment

• filipinos support him alright.... in spirit.

but seriously, the sad reality is that though filipinos do recognize donaire for his accomplishments in the ring, most filipinos simply cannot afford to pay for PPV.

and you must also consider the filipino way of doing things. even if we could afford to pay for PPV, events such as these tend to become family affairs with the ten, fifteen etc people all getting together and watching PPV in one tv set.

compare that to americans who tend to pay ppv individually.

the reality is that AMERICANS are more likely to buy donaire's ppvs than filipinos.

i wouldn't be surprised if more hispanics or african americans paid for donaire's ppvs than filipinos or even filipino-americans.

again, i'm not dissing filipinos. all i'm saying its in our culture to share PPVs. its in our genes to find ways to save and we simply find paying for PPV 10 times is wasteful when only one needs to pay and everybody else shares the viewing.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      "intelligent" / "real" phillipino boxing fans support Donaire alot, most of the ones who "really" know about boxing even think Donaire is a better boxer than Pacquiao.

The ones who don't know **** about boxing don't support Donaire at all and think Pacquiao well.... you already know.
                      FLICKER!! nice to see u back man, its been a min.

n oh yea...sendo's a bum

Comment

Working...
                      X