No announcement yet.

ESPN-Odlanier Solis has sustained serious knee injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Yes, but that's his left leg that slips. Solis was clutching his right leg after he went down.

Sequence of events: Solis charges Klitschko, throwing several punches that don't land. Solis's left leg appears to slide before Klitschko lands a grazing punch to the top of his head. Solis's left leg again appears unsteady as he backs up from Vitali's counter. Solis goes down and clutches his right leg in apparent discomfort.
    His left leg didn't "slip". It was a typical disassociation between physical and brain resulting immediately from the punch but with a delayed action, because his left leg, FROM THE ANKLE DOWN, refused to obey, and remained in place, whilst the rest of his body went backwards. His right leg, trying to compensate, was placed in an impossible to rectify position to try to keep his balance..

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      It began with the punch disassociating Solis from leg control, and his left ankle, from the foot down, refused to obey, whilst the rest of his body was falling backwards. His right kneee became involved because in automatically trying to compensate, a huge overload was placed on it when proper leverage was impossible.
      Look at the gif his left leg clearly slips and puts him off balance before Vitali clips the top of his head. It's possible that he injured his leg then and not when he retreats and falls.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        You know what I keep thinking. Remember Juan Carlos Gomez versus Yanqui Diaz.

Gomez came back from that. Maybe Solis can come back from this.
        Sheesh....

I'm really conflicted on this one. On the one hand, I think Solis is talented, and has the tools to be a threat at the highest levels of the heavyweight division. The limited look we got of him versus Vitali was interesting and tantalizing. On the other hand, Odlanier is lazy and rather arrogant. One can't help but feel that he deserved to go out with a whimper, and that maybe he should just stay gone.

Comment

Lol at Vitali saying it's because he Punches really really hard and hit him with a hard shot that he won.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            His left leg didn't "slip". It was a typical disassociation between physical and brain resulting immediately from the punch but with a delayed action, because his left leg, FROM THE ANKLE DOWN, refused to obey, and remained in place, whilst the rest of his body went backwards. His right leg, trying to compensate, was placed in an impossible to rectify position to try to keep his balance..
            From what I've seen, independent of the posted GIF, Solis's left leg slips just before the punch makes contact with the top of his head. I understand your point. But, even assuming the punch had enough on it to cause disassociation, it simply didn't land before Solis's left leg slid.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
              Lol at Vitali saying it's because he Punches really really hard and hit him with a hard shot that he won.
              Yeah...he punches so hard that the wind from even his misses knock his opponents out. Gimme a break. He can sell that to the tourists....

Comment

In real time, and from certain angles, it looked like Vitali landed a stunner. In slow motion, from Vitali's perspective, it becomes plain that the blow didn't land with any authority. It didn't even hit Solis in the temple region, as many are claiming. Vit's pinky knuckle caught Solis near the very top of his head.

I expected Klitschko to win, but the eventual outcome was dissatisfying to say the least. It's made worse by the fact that Solis looked pretty good in there. Vitali might've killed him in the very next round, we'll never know. But, that's the point, a silly finish robbed us of potentially good fight.
                Odlanier Solis: Just Not Championship Material

http://tinyurl.com/4fu32wm
                Last edited by ChopperRead; 03-20-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  At first i thought it was a stunning KO, Then i saw the replay and the punch was landed with mininum power so i thought Solis was chinny. But if he has done this injury then maybe it would spur him on to take this sport seriously and cut himself down to the lower 210s.
                  I don't think he'll be able to do any road work for at least 6 months, maybe a year. In some instances this type of injury can even retire people. I think it makes it all the more difficult for Solis to lose the weight. It could potentially have the reverse effect.

Comment

If you talked mess before a fight, about what you were going to do to Vitali, then go out on something as silly as a knee injury in the first round of a boxing match, wouldn't you be embarrassed? Hell, I'm embarrassed for him....
                    No because its a freak injury nothing he could have done to stop something like that from happening and it could happen to anyone. He has no reason to be embarrassed for what occured yesterday but i would understand if he was dissapointed.

Comment

I'm not sorry for him at all I'm glad hes got this injury. If you want to fight lose some ****ing weight. I hate all these fat unfit pricks in our sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X