No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Pacquiao: We Want Outdo Mayweather, Not Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
    exactly!! like the way floyd fought hatton and marquez at their best weight...

wait....
    So let me get this straight marquez challenged floyd and you expect floyd to go back down to 135??

git da **** outta here!!!

Marquez got served just as pac is gonna get served.

****S SIMPLE..

Yall act as if marquez had a chance? he only had a chance if floyd was weight drained......(WHICH PAC IS KNOWN FOR)

And its easier to go up in weight than to come down in weight.

your more than likely a FAT AMERICAN, you should know how easy it is to put on the poundage....

Of course its not hattons best weight when he got his ass whooped, but had he beaten floyd, it would have been his best weight you goddamn hypocrite...

Ricky hatton just didnt have what it takes to beat FLOYD EVER!

AND WHEN MANNY GETS IN THE RING SON, YOU ARE GONNA GET HARRASED BY ME CONSTANTLY!!!
    Last edited by QADASHBANYAH; 03-16-2011, 10:36 AM. Reason: RYANNNS A TRICK.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Shane wasn't under GBP.
      shane was still under goldeboy. he wanted the pacquiao fight, yet they could not deliver. it caused a bit of drama where oscar felt betrayed.

when he left, the fight was made. i don't know how can i make it any simpler than that.

“Sugar” Shane Mosley expects to be the man chosen from among three candidates to meet eight-division king Manny Pacquiao on April 16, in an HBO pay-per-view televised bout from the MGM in Las Vegas. Top Rank Promotions CEO, Bob Arum, left for the Philippines on Sunday, and plans to finalize the deal after a scheduled meeting with Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs) and his adviser, Michael Koncz.
      Although Juan Manuel Marquez (51-5-1, 38 KOs) and WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (27-0, 21 KOs) are under consideration, both Arum and Koncz have been very vocal about Mosley being the clear frontrunner to face Pacquiao in April. Among the three choices, they feel Mosley makes the most economic sense. A decision is expected on December 19.

In order to put himself in position for a Pacquiao fight, Mosley broke ties with Top Rank’s promotional rival, Golden Boy Promotions. According to Mosley, breaking away was easy because he wasn’t under a promotional contract for the last two years.

“I don’t have a promotional contract with Golden Boy. I was just a partner with Golden Boy. I really haven’t had a promotional contract with Golden Boy for the last two years. I was just a partner. I would fight under the Golden Boy banner because, you know, basically I was a part of it. But for this particular fight, Golden Boy was having problems speaking with Bob Arum,” Mosley said.

“[Golden Boy Promotions CEO] Richard Schaefer, and my attorney, Judd Burstein, were having problems speaking with Bob Arum about a fight with Pacquiao. So, I took it upon myself to go and talk to Bob Arum myself, along with James Prince. James Prince is my adviser. I did that in order to get the fight done, and it seems, at least right now, that we were very successful at that.”

Mosley’s departure from the Golden Boy shocked several of their employees, including Schaefer and company president Oscar De La Hoya. Because he broke away to negotiate a deal to face Pacquiao, Mosley believes his former company stepped up in their efforts to make a third fight between Pacquiao and Golden Boy promoted Juan Manuel Marquez.

It seems like they’re very angry and upset right now. I don’t know what the relationship is like. They seem to be very angry that I went out and made the match or that me and James got the match, if, in fact, we did. I really don’t know. They seemed like they were really pushing Juan Manuel Marquez a lot, and trying to get him the fight with Manny Pacquiao, and it seemed like they just wanted me to step aside. That kind of threw me off and threw me for a loop a little bit right there,” Mosley said.

“They were willing to negotiate for Juan Manuel Marquez, but they acted like it was a problem for me to go out there and actually get this fight. I was a little concerned about that.”

Schaefer told BoxingScene.com that he’s very proud of what Golden Boy accomplished for Mosley and denies that his company was trying to push Mosley aside in order to make a Pacquiao-Marquez trilogy.

“Let me just say that I’m extremely proud of what we’ve done and accomplished for Shane Mosley. I think that we’ve done a terrific job and every media member I talk to would agree with that because it’s the truth,” Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

“I do feel disappointed. He made it clear in the media. He made it clear in interviews on video and wherever, that he is a free agent and he’s going to do his own thing with his own promotion company. I think he’s forming his own promotional entity. It means that he turned his back on Golden Boy. Golden Boy did not turn its back on him. At this point, the only thing I can say is to wish him luck and there is nothing I can really do about it.”

Most industry insiders believe a Pacquiao-Mosley deal is only coming together because Mosley broke away from Golden Boy. Schaefer agrees with the popular opinion, but he doesn’t blame Top Rank’s CEO Bob Arum for making the fight.

“Listen, I can understand why Arum is doing what he’s doing. That doesn’t make it right but I can understand it, so you are not going to hear me, and I can’t speak for others, but you are not going to hear me talking bad about a Pacquiao-Mosley fight,” Schaefer said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        shane was still under goldeboy. he wanted the pacquiao fight, yet they could not deliver. it caused a bit of drama where oscar felt betrayed.

when he left, the fight was made. i don't know how can i make it any simpler than that.
        How is a partner "under" the outfit? Did you ever take a business class?

Second, GBP stood to make NO money for the fight.

Third, they fought Antonio Margarito. A ****ty fight instead.

Fourth...STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Comment

• Mayweather ???!!!!! Then who after that. marvin haggler ? Neither of these guys are fighting. So how bout stop trying to ride the cack of guys not fighting (who arent **** anyway right ?) and go after ones that do. This hatred of floyd yet we say his name every five min is ridiculous. Looks like floyd is better than his haters try and claim. If not why keep riding his dick for a fight. What's to prove ?

Comment

• lol a koncz interview is just like that of floyd sr's or uncle roger's. you can make fun of it but you can't take it seriously. but of course for haters it's a good material to unleash their rage

Comment

• I LOVE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR COZ HE IS SO GOOD HE COULDNT EVEN KNOCK OUT A BLOATED JUAN MARQUEZ...... It's like a gorilla fighting a piglet

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                lol a koncz interview is just like that of floyd sr's or uncle roger's. You can make fun of it but you can't take it seriously. But of course for haters it's a good material to unleash their rage
                lol true lol

Comment

• Originally posted by coolka View Post
                  I LOVE FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR COZ HE IS SO GOOD HE COULDNT EVEN KNOCK OUT A BLOATED JUAN MARQUEZ...... It's like a gorilla fighting a piglet
                  THE MORE WEIGHT YOU HAVE THE BETTER CHANCE YOU HAVE OF NOT GETTING KNOCKED OUT, HAS MARQUEZ EVER BEEN KNOCKED OUT?

DID FLOYD NOT SET A RECORD ON JUANS ASS BY NOT GETTING HIT? LOL

MARQUEZ WASNT IN TERRIBLE SHAPE NOW, YOU ACTING LIKE HE LOOKED LIKE JAMES TONEY OR SOME ****...LOL

But dont worry whne floyd beats pac, I will be harrassing you as well lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    How is a partner "under" the outfit? Did you ever take a business class?

Second, GBP stood to make NO money for the fight.

Third, they fought Antonio Margarito. A ****ty fight instead.

Fourth...STOP MAKING EXCUSES.
                    took plenty of them actually, since i got a master's degree in business administration

so anyways, shane being either a partner or under, he was still with golden boy. he was not under any promotional contracts but he was still a stake holder. he was still affiliated. still a part of it.

when those ties were severed, the fight was made. as STATED BY SHANE HIMSELF

so they were having troubles with landing the fight even when shane already lost to floyd, fought against mora, and already old. the factor here is him being a "partner" of GBP.

which proves my point that a huge reason why mosley didn't get the fight is because of his affiliation with gbp.

with that said, that doesn't make it less of a crap fight.

Comment

• thats lame coming from team pacquiao...outdo mayweather on what? drinking orange soda, beating his baby mama and scaring the **** of his kids, or taking pictures/videos of him flashing his money. team pacquiao doesnt want to accept that martinez might just surpass pac for P4P fighter this year. i like both fighters but pac has to step up his game and the opponents he chooses.

Comment

Working...
                      X