No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Ready To Prove He’s Super, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I doubt very much that Bute is willing to travel to Denmark to face Kessler.
    Batt new moto now that he has lost his old one, ''Bute ducks Kessler''.

That's what despair and hate will do to you.

Wherever the fight happens, Kessler loses.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post
      Batt new moto now that he has lost his old one, ''Bute ducks Kessler''.

That's what despair and hate will do to you.

Wherever the fight happens, Kessler loses.
      I dont think Bute would be favoured in Denmark TBH. He would in canada though.

I read somewhere that Interbox is trying to set up Kessler with St. Juste. Do you have any info?

Comment

He won't prove he is super until he fights a real opponent.

Comment

I dont think Bute would be favoured in Denmark TBH. He would in canada though.

I read somewhere that Interbox is trying to set up Kessler with St. Juste. Do you have any info?
          I can easily spin this : Bute would not be favored in Denmark despite the fact that he is the more talented and fresh fighter because Kessler would have some nice homecooking ready for him, thanks to the Sauerland family scum.

With that said, Bute won't need no judges

And you must have read the article here on BS about St-Juste vs Kessler... I don't have any more info at the moment aside of the fact that St-Juste could pose some problems to Kessler...

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post
            I can easily spin this : Bute would not be favored in Denmark despite the fact that he is the more talented and fresh fighter because Kessler would have some nice homecooking ready for him, thanks to the Sauerland family scum.

With that said, Bute won't need no judges

And you must have read the article here on BS about St-Juste vs Kessler... I don't have any more info at the moment aside of the fact that St-Juste could pose some problems to Kessler...
            I just saw the news. I know nothing about St.Juste. Is he any good?

Comment

Yes it is. Read the rules before writing please.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                Instructing a fighter to go to a neutral corner is a rule, no doubt. But Wright took it to the extreme. Andrade went back to the corner, but Wright flipped out and wouldn't proceed with the count until Andrade's back was wedged against the corner post.

As for the rest of your post...

The fight's not over until the count is completed and the referee determines that the fighter is fit to continue. Hence, the rule that a fighter cannot be saved by the bell in any round, including the 12th and final round.

Think Chavez-Taylor I. People scream robbery and fix, but it only shows that people DON'T understand the rules because Richard Steele acted in accordance with them. It's not his job to know how much time is left or how far ahead a fighter is on the scorecards. His focus was on the fighter, and the fighter showed no response. There are other things that could've superceded that ruling - Chavez leaving his corner, Lou Duva jumping on the ring apron, etc. Regardless, the fight wasn't going to end just because Steele finished his count.

So no, Bute merely getting up is NOT the end of the fight. The end of the fight comes when the referee sees fit to allow action to resume. That is why the bell is not supposed to sound during a count, although timekeepers get it wrong often enough to where people assume it as the way it should be.
                Sorry but you are wrong.Read the rules please. There are 4 associations + the Unified rules. There are small differences between them. In that case, the fight was over as soon as Bute got up.

Comment

I just saw the news. I know nothing about St.Juste. Is he any good?
                  Not bad, not really good either.

Southpaw, he moves well and packs a good punch, particularly the left hand. He's getting old a bit but it doesn't show too much as of now. Perhaps slower than he used to be.

OK all around fighter, but he has never really beaten anyone worth noting. He is the definition of a journeyman.

Should be a good test for Kessler to see if he has any ring rust to shake off. If he struggles with St-Juste, well... Bad news.

His last fight : he defeated former world title challenger Sebastien Demers...

Comment

Working...
                  X