No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Ready To Prove He’s Super, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Jake Donovan - The final piece of the super middleweight puzzle has arrived.

Actually, it has returned.

From the moment the field was announced for Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic, the lone piece of negative feedback surrounding the tournament centered around the exclusion of Lucian Bute.

The omission was puzzling, both because conflicting reasons were offered and the fact that Bute was already being showcased on the network. His two most recent fights had aired live on Showtime – his points win over Librado Andrade in which its controversial ending overshadowed an otherwise dominant performance; and a fourth-round knockout of Fulgencio Zuniga five months later.

Both fights were entertaining enough to where fight fans wanted more, namely against the crème de la crème of the super middleweight division. What better setting than as one of the six contestants in the groundbreaking tournament presented by a network most figured was already his home.

Apparently, it wasn’t meant to be, as he was – depending on which version of the truth you believe – either left out or declined to participate.

Fortunately for the Romanian-born, Canada-based southpaw, the tournament has extended well beyond its targeted finish to where not much time has been lost in his own career. [Click Here To Read More]
    Showtime's Ken Hershman has said more than once that Bute wasn't invited. Where do you get these writers. Hey Donovan, how about rather than perpetuating falsehoods you do research and state facts.
    Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 03-16-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      bute is the calzgahe with power.......cant nobody touch this guy..not ward's dirtyass, not AA's no skills's ass, not dirrel's quittin ass, not green's clown ass, ....i dont mind johnson or froch beating him tho but i just highly doubt it......

please don't make such a ridiculous comparison again

Calzaghe throws slaps
      Bute throws textbook punches, straight and short

Calzaghe is a busy, aggressive volume puncher
      Bute, a boxer-puncher

Bute's footwork and ring generalship is superior to Calzaghe's

the comparison just doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
        Showtime's Ken Hershman has said more than once that Bute wasn't invited. Where do you get these writers. Hey Donovan, how about rather than perpetuating falsehoods you do research and state facts.
        And that very same network also claimed on more than one occasion that they extended an offer but never received a full commitment from Bute or his handlers.

How do I know that? I did the research. Next time, you do the same before throwing me under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
          And that very same network also claimed on more than one occasion that they extended an offer but never received a full commitment from Bute or his handlers.

How do I know that? I did the research. Next time, you do the same before throwing me under the bus.
          Your view of the end of the first Andrade fight doesn't work. The ref changed nothing. You should read the rules, maybe. As soon as Bute was up, even shaken, the fight was over. There was no time on the clock.

Beside, Wright teling Andrade to go back to his corner is also a rule. Are you teling us that following the rules is not correct?

There was a conflict that night between the Quebec boxing commission (where the timekeeper cannot ring the bell until the ref starts the fight back) and the Unified rules, where the timekeeper would have rang the bell as soon as Bute got up. So, if Andrade stays in his corner and Wright finishes his count, Bute still wins. A fighter doesn't have to be in condition to continuer when it's the 12th round. Because he doesn't have to be protected, simple logic.

Comment

I doubt very much that Bute is willing to travel to Denmark to face Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by belna View Post
              Your view of the end of the first Andrade fight doesn't work. The ref changed nothing. You should read the rules, maybe. As soon as Bute was up, even shaken, the fight was over. There was no time on the clock.

Beside, Wright teling Andrade to go back to his corner is also a rule. Are you teling us that following the rules is not correct?

There was a conflict that night between the Quebec boxing commission (where the timekeeper cannot ring the bell until the ref starts the fight back) and the Unified rules, where the timekeeper would have rang the bell as soon as Bute got up. So, if Andrade stays in his corner and Wright finishes his count, Bute still wins. A fighter doesn't have to be in condition to continuer when it's the 12th round. Because he doesn't have to be protected, simple logic.
              Instructing a fighter to go to a neutral corner is a rule, no doubt. But Wright took it to the extreme. Andrade went back to the corner, but Wright flipped out and wouldn't proceed with the count until Andrade's back was wedged against the corner post.

As for the rest of your post...

The fight's not over until the count is completed and the referee determines that the fighter is fit to continue. Hence, the rule that a fighter cannot be saved by the bell in any round, including the 12th and final round.

Think Chavez-Taylor I. People scream robbery and fix, but it only shows that people DON'T understand the rules because Richard Steele acted in accordance with them. It's not his job to know how much time is left or how far ahead a fighter is on the scorecards. His focus was on the fighter, and the fighter showed no response. There are other things that could've superceded that ruling - Chavez leaving his corner, Lou Duva jumping on the ring apron, etc. Regardless, the fight wasn't going to end just because Steele finished his count.

So no, Bute merely getting up is NOT the end of the fight. The end of the fight comes when the referee sees fit to allow action to resume. That is why the bell is not supposed to sound during a count, although timekeepers get it wrong often enough to where people assume it as the way it should be.

Comment

if he wants to prove himself he should be calling out dirrell, but he doesn't want it with the quick switch hitter.... dirrell would whoop bute...

Comment

Originally posted by hvirk View Post
                  if he wants to prove himself he should be calling out dirrell, but he doesn't want it with the quick switch hitter.... dirrell would whoop bute...
                  Why would anyone want to fight Dirrell at this point? He has a long way to go before restoring his credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by COLONEL SANDERS View Post

please don't make such a ridiculous comparison again

Calzaghe throws slapsBute throws textbook punches, straight and short

Calzaghe is a busy, aggressive volume puncher
                    Bute, a boxer-puncher

Bute's footwork and ring generalship is superior to Calzaghe's

the comparison just doesn't work
                    You watched his last 2 fight when his hands were ****ed then......

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                      You watched his last 2 fight when his hands were ****ed then......
                      LOL

I've watched a whole lot of fights of Calzaghe

he has some pop, but he does punch like a girl, always has

Comment

Working...
                      X