Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Berto vs. Victor Ortiz | Who are you rooting for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Berto vs. Victor Ortiz | Who are you rooting for?

I'm rooting for Victor. He needs to win this fight or else it might be the end of the road for him. He has got my sympathy.

I genuinly dislike Berto because of the weak opposition he faced. This guy is already friggin 27 years old and his resume is still ****. This mother****er got 1 mill for fighting a bum while great warriors like Katsidis, Montiel and Donaire don't even get half of that for fighting top opposition.

Who are you rooting for?
    Andre Berto
    22.06%
    Victor Ortiz
    48.53%
    Neither. I just want to see a good fight.
    26.47%
    I'm not interested in this one.
    2.94%

This fight is a mismatch. Andre Berto should just defend his title against Selcuk Aydin. Victor Ortíz is just another journeyman.

Comment

Gonna be rooting for Berto.

Comment

hope ortiz knocks berto out............

that would be great..............

Comment

neither because in an odd way I like both fighters

just hope the style mesh between the two brings fireworks which I think it could

Comment

Im rooting for the haitian cuz im haitian too (descent)

Comment

I'm going for Berto for two reasons.

1. A win would create the possibility of Pacquiao-Berto, Floyd-Berto or even Bradley-Khan winner-Berto

2. A loss for Victor Ortiz will finally be his wakeup call to get a new trainer and take boxing seriously again.

Comment

I really just wanna see a good one... But if I were leaning anywhere it would be for Ortiz... Berto's career has just been annoyingly anti-climactic IMO.

Comment

Not really rooting for either fighter but if I had to pick a winner it would be Berto. Just do to size and that I think that Ortiz can be mentally weak sometimes when he gets into trouble. But if Ortiz can somehow win then good for him.

I will say that I don't think it goes the full 12. Someone will get KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    This mother****er got 1 mill for fighting a bum while great warriors like Katsidis, Montiel and Donaire don't even get half of that for fighting top opposition.
                    Yeah, I mean, I hate all the stupid arguments on here about PPV numbers and who should get what split for a fight. We're not seeing any of the cash so whatever. But at the same time, it's a real shame when this guy gets paid so much for doing so little, whereas many boxers make a lot less for taking harder fights.

I'd like to see Ortiz win for that reason, and because I prefer his style. I also think Ortiz vs Khan/Bradley/Maidana rematch are potentially very good fights but that they're less likely to happen if Ortiz suffers another defeat. Berto vs the same people wouldn't interest me as much.

Comment

Working...
                    X