Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime jones didnt want none if the welsh dragon!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by British Pride View Post
    Stop embarrassing yourself, Jones has even spoke of it and being between contracts with HBO and the offer to fight on Showtime.
    Yes, he spoke about that. And re-upped with HBO. Your point?

Comment

We surely cant bring up paper champions in Roy Jones discussion. He was the ultimate paper champion who never held a lineal title in his career.
      roy was never on the baldomir/zsolt erdei level.

Comment

• i think the 3-4 (could be just be one dude with a bunch of alts, seems like it. sad, isn't it?) calzaghe stans are just passing time for the next soccer game to come on when they all coincidentally show up talking about roy jones, bumping old threads like this one. i noticed this pattern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
          DM was never the lineal champ. Jones was ranked ahead of him from day 1 when he moved to LHW.
          DM was the lineal Champion. He and Virgil Hill were 1 and 2 in the division when they faced.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            roy was never on the baldomir/zsolt erdei level.
            Roy = Paper Champion. Fact

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
              DM was never the lineal champ. Jones was ranked ahead of him from day 1 when he moved to LHW..
              Jones was ranked ahead of a guy with 3 belts at LHW from day 1?

How does that even make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Yes, he spoke about that. And re-upped with HBO. Your point?
                Thanks for confirming. The dude who questioned what i'm saying will get my point.

Comment

We surely cant bring up paper champions in Roy Jones discussion. He was the ultimate paper champion who never held a lineal title in his career.
                  Beat Hopkins in 93 for a MW title.
                  Beat Toney in 94 for a SMW title.
                  Won a total of 7 belts @ LHW.
                  Won the undisputed LHW Ring title in 2001.
                  Won a piece of the heavyweight title in 2003.
                  Went back down to LHW and retained his titles there to be the first in the history of boxing to do so.

=All that matters.

Comment

Thanks for confirming. The dude who questioned what i'm saying will get my point.
                    You tried to connect that to him dodging Calzaghe which is BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Revisionist a little? Michalzewski wasn't sprung some note to fight in 30 days immediately after he won the title. Michalzewski was aware of the sanctioning body stance well before he fought Hill. And he chose to keep the WBO belt and fight Nicky Piper, their mandatory, in his next bout. His other option was fighting the far stiffer Lou Del Valle for the WBA. So he went with the sanctioning body who his promoter had a cozy relationship with. I don't recall anyone giving Roy those belts, do you? He fought Del Valle, the IBF champ, in 1998. He didn't fight for the WBA title until 1999. Against Reggie Johnson.

Rochigianni won a belt that Roy gave up. When Roy backed out of a heavyweight fight, he was wrongly given the belt back. But how does that make it a paper title? Seems kind of strange given your argument for Dariusz in your first paragraph. Plus, Jones gave Graciano every opportunity to fight for the title afterward. He didn't want to. End of story.
                      Dariusz was Lineal and every belt Jones had was either from him who was stripped without losing it in the ring or with the WBC which Tiozzo won when he beat Mccallum, then Mccallum (40yrs old) vs Jones fought for the interm for some reason, then when Tiozzo moved up to CW Roy's interm belt was made the regular title. All paper. End of story.

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                      DM was never the lineal champ. Jones was ranked ahead of him from day 1 when he moved to LHW. What this means is that if YOU are in the top 3 P4P, are ranked #1 in YOUR division and command the MOST MONEY from fanbase and the networks, YOU CALL THE ****ING SHOTS!

Are you all really this dense as to not comprehend this?

Jones was in an exclusive HBO ****ing contract. If, and I doubt there ever was, an offer for Roy to Fight Joe in the US on Showtime, IT WAS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.
                      lol ranking has nothing to do with it? DM won the Lineal status when he beat Hill, what dont you understand?

Comment

Working...
                      X