Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people act like calzaghe ducked prime hopkins and jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    tyson vs danny williams in their primes who wins? FORGET THAT what actually happened was williams won!
    Everyone knows Danny Williams would destroy Tyson at any point in their respective careers. Dont embarrass yourself

Comment

• Calzaghe's win over Jones means little to nothing.
      Calzaghe's win over Hopkins is very good, if you had him winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        Calzaghe's win over Jones means little to nothing.
        you mean if they ignore the rules of judging a boxing match? workrate!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Joe calzaghe Birth date 23 March 1972

Roy Jones Jr Birth date January 16, 1969

OH MY GOD 4 YEARS DIFFERENCE SHAME ON CALZAGHE FOR BEATING ON AN OLD MAN

Comment

• Ahh yes... a 10 page response thread carried by fans who try to claim knowledge of a negotiation that presumably took place nearly a decade ago. This kind of **** is priceless really. This is what's wrong with boxing period. That's why its not taken seriously on a grand scale anymore. Too much **** talking, not much of the best facing the best, and if you want to claim Calzaghe wasn't in their league in 01 or 03, go right ahead, the fact remains he beat them both in America when they all met, that should end the discussion, but it won't, I'm sure of that. One sanctioning body, one belt, one champ etc.etc.etc. Its been a crooked game for a long time fellas and until we get these things, these types of threads will pop up at least twice a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              Calzaghe's win over Jones means little to nothing.
              Thats not what the thread is about though, its kinda got sidetracked with daggums stale routine.

Its about ducking. Hopkins blatantly ducked Calzaghe at the negotiating table. Roy and Joe never seriously negotiated a fight till 2008.

Comment

• I've never even heard anyone in the US talk about Calzaghe before his fight with Jeff Lacy. And Hopkins was in Middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Thats not what the thread is about though, its kinda got sidetracked with daggums stale routine.

Its about ducking. Hopkins blatantly ducked Calzaghe at the negotiating table. Roy and Joe never seriously negotiated a fight till 2008.
                  no one actually knows if any of them ducked each other, and theres no way of finding out unless one of them says they did.(unlikely, but plausible way down the line)

all I know is that its a damn shame that it didnt end up happening, and as far as Im concerned they all screwed up because none of them persued the fights as much as they should have.

Comment

• Nobody really cared that hopkins just fought ( and basically beat ) the young jean pascal when hopkins was 47, but everyone was *****ing about age when calzaghe fought him at age 43.

Its all bull**** and you know it. The fact is calzaghe beat them both on their home soil, and he was also old at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Nobody really cared that hopkins just fought ( and basically beat ) the young jean pascal when hopkins was 47, but everyone was *****ing about age when calzaghe fought him at age 43.

Its all bull**** and you know it. The fact is calzaghe beat them both on their home soil, and he was also old at the time.
                      A lot of people felt that Hopkins beat Calzaghe as well.

Calzaghe gotted dropped in the first round by used up versions of both Jones and Hopkins.

I think prime Jones drops him multiple times in the early rounds and scores a stoppage.

I think prime Hopkins makes him quit in the late rounds.

See Calzaghe's thoughts on Jones in 2003 below:

Comment

Working...
                      X