Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people act like calzaghe ducked prime hopkins and jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Calzaghe admitted to a while ago, back when Floyd still had something left, that he will never fight Roy unless it's for the "crown ***els". He wanted no part of Roy Jones back then. He happily fought him though after Roy was already 38, suffered several knock outs and losses, and clearly had nothing left.

Can some body get that article? It's old and it's Calzaghe being asked of a fight with RJJ and he said in his own words, that he's scared of RJJ. something like he wasn't ready for RJ yet.
    Yep and after the Taylor-Pavlik fight calzaghe said Jones is a shot fighter and that he would rather fight Pavlik or taylor.

Also in his book he says that fighting jones would do nothing for his legacy since jones was KO'd by Tarver and Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      when in reality that wasnt the case.........
      because he did. calzaghe hid at 168 until roy & bernard where in their 40s.

Comment

• Honestly:

I knew Darius Mckalowski 1st before Calzaghe.

so many articles written about this fight. some insuniates that Calz did the ducking others wrote the opposite.

I have no opinion on who duck who. but i think ROY Humiliates Calzaghe in his prime. but Calzaghe won the actual fight.
        Last edited by miron_lang; 02-24-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
          When was jones "superman"? When he was beating up part timer security guards on HBO?
          When he beat a prime James Toney & when he beat Bernard Hopkins while he was still young!!!

When he beat 2 guys that Calzaghe wouldn't have beaten, that's when!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by slick23 View Post
            Please help me understand how you can get the balls to discredit Calzaghe's wins against both Jones and Hopkins. I guess you could complain about him fighting Jones, but why wouldn't he come over to the states and get his biggest payday to fight him? Is it his fault he emabarrassed old man Jones? Honestly?. Jones should have gotten out while he could, hell Calzaghe did him a favor for taking the fight. I believe Calzaghe was 37 when he fought these guys, so how in the world is your Ali vs Holmes analogy relevant to the discussion. I thoroughly enjoyed all three fighter's careers, but at the end of the day Calzaghe's was the best, because regardless of whether you like it or not, he beat the other two in the ring, something I give him the utmost credit for. How can anybody **** on somebody that was an undefeated champion in the most dangerous of all sports for over a decade and at the same time be critical of his wins over his two closest rivals, spanning that era. I'm not the biggest Calzaghe fan, but to me all this stuff that is being talked about him is the definition of hate.
            Are you serious??? You think I hate Calzaghe just because I say the truth??? Let's see if I'm lying..............

Is it or is it not true that Calzaghe fought them when they were clearly out of their prime?

Stop getting so emotional buddy, you got me thinking you're his girl or something!

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchesNbuncheS View Post
              Are you serious??? You think I hate Calzaghe just because I say the truth??? Let's see if I'm lying..............

Is it or is it not true that Calzaghe fought them when they were clearly out of their prime?

Stop getting so emotional buddy, you got me thinking you're his girl or something!
              Hey boy wonder, if your aunt had balls she would be your.......? Your a bit slow to the party homey. Listen my point isn't that he fought them in their primes, ( hell Calzaghe himself wasn't in his prime when they fought) its the fact that people are so upset that he won those fights that they resort to talking about past negotiations as if they know what happens between the millionaire promoters or they immediate play the " Bhop and Jones weren't in their prime" card. I say **** it, what happened in the ring when it finally went down is truth.

I feel like I'm in that scene in Coming to America when Eddie Murphy's barber character says "Joe Louis was 75 years old" when asked about his loss to Marciano. The problem is all 3, Jones, Clazaghe, and Hopkins were old. Unlike your boy Holmes against Ali which you mentioned right?

By the way Holmes is the most underated Heavyweight ever and no I don't know if Ali beats him 9 out of 10 times "in his prime".

Comment

• He didnt duck them, but he didnt go after them like he should have.

He should have fought in America to make a name for himself, then the fights would of happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Yep and after the Taylor-Pavlik fight calzaghe said Jones is a shot fighter and that he would rather fight Pavlik or taylor.

Also in his book he says that fighting jones would do nothing for his legacy since jones was KO'd by Tarver and Johnson
                  whats going on with these haters these days

Comment

• Calzaghe video interview from the time he allegedy said he didnt want to fight Jones - this seems to contradict that theory....oops.

This was the only time the fight was viable and Roy chose to go to HW instead, which is understandable.

Comment

• Joe beat Roy Jones Jr.

Roy Jones Jr. destroys Calzaghe prime 4 prime, IN A FANTASY FIGHT.

For all we know Calzaghe could have Lacyied RJJ prime 4 prime; we will never know... they were both too busy beating up postmen and cab drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X