Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people act like calzaghe ducked prime hopkins and jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    No not really. An example of pricing yourself out is being offered a career hight 3m purse, accepting it and then calling back 24 hours asking for double.

Which is what Bernard Hopkins did when offered a fight with Calzaghe.
    The coward Calzaghe's coward manager of course changed the terms at the last minute.

UK= home of cowards

Comment

• "Carl Froch would smash me to pieces"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
        The coward Calzaghe's coward manager of course changed the terms at the last minute.

UK= home of cowards
        No he didnt.

Why are you bumping old Calzaghe threads?

Comment

No he didnt.

Why are you bumping old Calzaghe threads?

A coward just like his Hero Joe

Comment

A coward just like his Hero Joe
            Yes Im mad.

Im the one frantically searching for and bumping old threads about Joe Calzaghe...

Cool hobby bro...

Comment

• I may be one of the few that think like this, but i think that when Hopkins beat, and stopped Trinidad as his "come out" fight for greatness, then he also exit his prime.

Sure, still great and close to his prime, but just a step slower and less active, and aggressive, and started to become more and more defensive after that fight.

I would say he was at his best around 97-01, may not have looked great in every fight but he won, and won easy. Some fights may not have looked great, most thanks to his style, but never in his prime closed to be stopped or beat during that time.

Even as a big Hopkins fan, i do admit that when he lost to Jones, he was in his prime, but not as experienced as he would become a couple of years later.

Jones speed would always have been Hopkins biggest problem in Hopkins prime, but if the fight would have happen a couple of years latter then 93, say 97-99, Hopkins may still not have won, but his experince would make it even harder for a prime Jones then there first fight.

Even at 43 against Calzaghe, Hopkins made it a close fight, despite Joes hand speed and work rate. Simply because as Hopkins has gotten older, he has also got so much more mature and experinced in the ring and now how to studie, and work out how to get the most out of his body and style.

Comment

Yes Im mad.

Im the one frantically searching for and bumping old threads about Joe Calzaghe...

Cool hobby bro...
                You seem upset. I guss if I knew deep down that my hero was a frightened coward who hid in his backyard his whole career, I'd be upset too.

It's okay dude. I'm sure there'll be another Brit fighter that isn't overhyped on day that you can latch on to.

Comment

• Are you kiddin' me? Joe was a ****in paper champion until he finally manned up in 06 to unite the division. He should have done that years before if he wanted Jones Jr. A win over Jones wouldn't be considered legit past 06 because when Joe was finally growing the balls to unite that weak ass division, Jones had already been knocked unconscious by Johnson & Tarver then schooled by Tarver again, his superman title was over, his prime had ended.

Hopkins was undisputed champion at middleweight by the time Joe grew the balls to unify that weak ass division. Jermain Taylor in 06 was considered a 10x better challenger then Joe.

That'd be like after Joe beat up Kessler to become undisputed and then going up to Light Heavyweight to fight chump ass paper champion Zsolst Eredei.

Its Joes fault he brought nothing to the table because he took to long to unify the division and wasn't even good enough to be considered a "star" worthly up them jumping up to fight.

Comment

You seem upset. I guss if I knew deep down that my hero was a frightened coward who hid in his backyard his whole career, I'd be upset too.

It's okay dude. I'm sure there'll be another Brit fighter that isn't overhyped on day that you can latch on to.
                    Um....ok then

Comment

• He might not have ducked them but he would have lost to them had they fought earlier. And don't get it twisted I aint a fan of Roy or Hopkins. I rooted for Joe to beat them and loved how he showed up Roy after he showed up Tito. But imo Joe would have lost to them both in their primes.

Comment

Working...
                      X