Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people act like calzaghe ducked prime hopkins and jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcuz calzaghe sucks. only casual boxing fans like him. if ur a calzaghe fan u don't know **** bout boxing.

Comment

• it is a reason why even when Joe was in his PRIME...NOBODY was talking about him

B-Hop and Roy Jones in their PRIME would have beat Joe IMO...Joe barely got past B-Hop even when he was OLDER so just imagine if B-Hop was a little younger...he also didn't want to fight Glen Johnson either

only reason why Glen Johnson and B-Hop is still top fighters at an older age is because these YOUNG FIGHTERS are all OVERRATED and 99.9% of them LACK BOXING SKILLS so Road Warriors like Glen Johnson and B-Hop can expose these younger fighters ALL DAY!

to be fair to Joe though...I think if he would have kept fighting he would still be one of the best in his division if not the Best because he does have pretty good Boxing SKILLS
      Last edited by sicko; 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
        PROBABLY BECAUSE HE NEVER FOUGHT A PRIME HOPKINS OR A PRIME JONES???

IM PRETTY SURE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT THOUGH...???

Come on man, what in the hell do you think??

You think that was a prime JONES? OR A PRIME HOPKINS?

HE WAS A CHAMP, MOST PEOPLE KNOW THAT AS A EUROPEAN YOU AINT **** UNTIL YOU PROVE YOURSELF AGAINST THE BOYS OVER HERE. HE WAITED A DAY TOO LATE AND WAS A DOLLAR TOO SHORT.

Now I dont take anything from him (CALZAGHE) as he had talent, no doubt, but once again this topic is not about his talent but when he fought two fighters....

He (JOE CALZAGHE) fought jones in 2008.

IN MAY 2004, JONES GOT HIS ASS WHOOPED BY TARVER,.
        (UNABLE TO CONTINUE)

IN SEPTEMBER 2004, GLEN JOHNSON KNOCKED HIS ASS OUT, AND HE LAID UNCONSCIOUS FOR 3 DAMN MINUTES!!!

OCTOBER 2005 TARVER BEAT HIS ASS AGAIN. THIS WAS IN 2005 MIND YOU HE WAS DONE THEN. x3 BACK TO BACK LOSSES FOR SUPERMAN.

Jones took on Prince Badi Ajamu on July 29, 2006, and yes he won, but who in the hell is Prince Badi Ajamu??? LOL

HE BEAT ANTHONY HANSHAW LOL

Put it this way he (ANTHONY HANSHAW) got served by andre dirrell in a 5th round TKO... BASICALLY A BUM.

SO HE WON, BUT AGAIN TO BUMS, AND HE BEAT TITO WHO HAD BEEN RETIRED SINCE BASICALLY 2002, I MEAN TITO FOUGHT TWICE SINCE HIS 2002 RETIREMENT, AND THEN FOUGHT ROY IN 2008, BEFORE HE (ROY) FOUGHT JOE CALZAGHE.

LISTEN THERE WAS JUST A POST ON HERE ABOUT MANNY NOT BEING LIKE ROY JONES... EVERYONE KNOWS ROY WAS OVER THE HILL WHEN HE FOUGHT CALZAGHE.

ANYONE THAT DOESNT SEE THIS IS DELUSIONAL, HE WAS SLOWER, COULDNT EVEN CONNECT ON CALZAGHE, WHOM LITERALLY DANCED FOR ROY WHILE FIGHTING ROY LOL.

HE WAS OVER THE HILL.

I LIKED ROY, DAMN GOOD FIGHTER, BUT HE WAS OVER THE HILL WHEN HE LOSS TO TARVER X2 AND GLEN JOHNSON.

WHEN YOU ARE KNOCKED OUT AND STILL KNOCKED OUT WHEN THE DAMN NETWORK IS SIGNING OFF, YOU ARE DONE!

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND MAKE YOUR STANCE.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL ROY PRIOR TO RUIZ WOULDNT HAVE BEEN THE FAVORITE IN THE CALZAGHE FIGHT.

HELL CALZAGHE WAS THE FAVORITE!!! AGAINST ROY "SUPERMAN" JONES LOL!!!

BECAUSE THE BOOKIES KNOW BEST!! THEY DONT BET WITH MOTIONS, BUT WITH SOLID LOGIC.

I WON SOME GOOD MONEY OFF THAT FIGHT TOO AS I BET ON CALZAGHE!!! I WOULDNT HAVE DARED DONE THAT **** AGAINST ROY IN HIS PRIME.

Now BHOPS IS DONE NOW AS WELL, I LOVE BHOP, BUT HIS STYLE IS KEEPING HIM IN THE GAME LONGER....THATS IT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

YEAH HE BEAT A WASHED UP ROY, AND HIS RECENT FIGHT WITH PASCAL, SHOWS YOU THE SAD STATE OF BOXING WHEN A 40 PLUS YEAR OLD CAN WHOOP THE YOUNG BUCKS EASY...LOL

HELL AFTER THE ROY FIGHT EVEN SCHAFER WAS LIKE HE (BHOP) NEEDS TO RETIRE..LOL HIS BUSINESS PARTNER!!!

NOW I CAN DO THE SAME FOR BHOP, BUT ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS NOT TO DISCREDIT CALZAGHE, JUST TO STATE THE TRUTH.

THE OVER THE HILL BHOP KNOCKED CALZAGHE DOWN..LOL

NO WAY IN HELL BHOP THAT FOUGHT TITO WOULD HAVE LOST TO CALZAGHE, I MAKE MONEY BETTING SON. THIS IS WHAT I DO.

Comment

• damn this thread really took off.....to make it clear im a huge fan of bhop and roy...but im also a calzaghe fan......i think prime for prime roy,,hopkins and calzaghe would always be a good fight..they are elite fighters imo...no hate here at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
            recieving damage from an action of your own in a limited area is vastly different than recieving damage from another that is expressly designed to break you down.

As I said, hurt hands from throwing punches play a secondary role in the "wear and tear" factor to repeated bombs to the body and head.
            lol.

Not when hands are the primary weapon.

Comment

• At SMW Prime-Joe would have beaten Ottke, Collins, Toney and Hopkins. He'd either get stopped late by RJJ or win a SD over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                when in reality that wasnt the case.........
                Larry, youve been the worst poster on BS for the past year, but this thread almost makes up for it!

I will give green k when I recharge.

Comment

• Because he hid in the UK for the best part of the decade. His obscurity isn't a defence, you look at people like Khan, Hatton and Froch they stepped out of their comfort zone to get the relevant fights.

Comment

• Roy Jones and Bhop have let far lesser fighers than Zaghe go the distance. I mean it's ludacris to say that either one stops Zaghe in their primes. Some nut said that the Bhop that fought Tito would've never lost to Zaghe. Imagine if Zaghe fought Tito or DLH. What he did to Lacy would look freaking humane. What Zaghe would do to Taylor would be like sitting Bad Intentions on an electric chair and keeping him there for 36 minutes under lower voltage.
                    Has Bernard ever initiated more headbuts, clinches and thrown less punches in any other fight. JoeC toyed with him, Bhop didn't have the smarts nor the strenght. He got proper ****ed by a white boy. It hurt but it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
                      I know, that makes it worse, he laid that out there before any actual discussion!
                      No not really. An example of pricing yourself out is being offered a career hight 3m purse, accepting it and then calling back 24 hours asking for double.

Which is what Bernard Hopkins did when offered a fight with Calzaghe.

Comment

Working...
                      X