Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people act like calzaghe ducked prime hopkins and jones??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
    Nobody really cared that hopkins just fought ( and basically beat ) the young jean pascal when hopkins was 47, but everyone was *****ing about age when calzaghe fought him at age 43.

Its all bull**** and you know it. The fact is calzaghe beat them both on their home soil, and he was also old at the time.
    the crowd was 99 percent for calzaghe in the hopkins fight. is that really a home fight for him? yes its in the united states technically but if the entire crowd and judges are influenced for calzaghe that's not much of an advantage is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      tyson vs danny williams in their primes who wins? FORGET THAT what actually happened was williams won!
      Dag is too hilarious.

Comment

• How is that calzaghes problem that he is a likable guy and hopkins is a piece of **** racist scumbag?

I'll admit, the hopkins fight was damn close, could have been a draw. Hopkins will go down in history as one of the greats. But for all the smack he talked about white people being inferior and bad fighters, he got beat on pretty badly. At one point calzaghe was beating on him so bad he even pretended to rape bhop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          No one knows the answers to those questions.

What really bugs the yanks is what actually took place i.e Calzaghe beating them both.
          If you don't know what would most likely happen in those fights then 2 things are clear........

1.You haven't watched enough boxing & especially not enough of Jones when he was "superman" or enough of Hopkins when he was "the executioner"!

2.You are a die hard Calzaghe fan who just won't admit what is clearly obvious to everyone who is capable of being objective!

Just because something happened the way it did at the time it did doesn't mean it would happen if both fighters were in their prime. Just like Calzaghe was a good fighter, Larry Holmes was a good fighter and they both beat great fighters on their way out in Jones & Ali but that doesn't mean that that's what would have happened if they had faced them in their absolute prime!

No matter how you try to spin it, word it or whatever else you try to do everyone who really knows boxing knows that 9 out of 10 times prime versions of Jones & Ali beat prime versions of Calzaghe & Holmes.

I'm sorry but even an attempt at a comeback is just exposing you even further as a diehard who blindly believes what he wants!

Comment

• When was jones "superman"? When he was beating up part timer security guards on HBO?

Comment

• Calzaghe admitted to a while ago, back when Floyd still had something left, that he will never fight Roy unless it's for the "crown jewels". He wanted no part of Roy Jones back then. He happily fought him though after Roy was already 38, suffered several knock outs and losses, and clearly had nothing left.

Can some body get that article? It's old and it's Calzaghe being asked of a fight with RJJ and he said in his own words, that he's scared of RJJ. something like he wasn't ready for RJ yet.

Comment

How is that calzaghes problem that he is a likable guy and hopkins is a piece of **** racist scumbag?

I'll admit, the hopkins fight was damn close, could have been a draw. Hopkins will go down in history as one of the greats. But for all the smack he talked about white people being inferior and bad fighters, he got beat on pretty badly. At one point calzaghe was beating on him so bad he even pretended to rape bhop.

1. clean punching
                2. rape
                3. defense
                4. effective aggression
                5. ring generalship

Comment

• Calzaghe just respects jones. He probably feels bad for beating him up so bad, thats why he says things like that to make him not feel so embarassed about getting clowned.

Just like when Ali told tyson he would be too scared to fight him, truth is ali would've whooped tyson.

Comment

How is that calzaghes problem that he is a likable guy and hopkins is a piece of **** racist scumbag?

you're absolutely right, hopkins is a scumbag who used race to promote fights while the white knight/angel joe calzaghe was the most likable coke addict, sister kisser boxing has ever known

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchesNbuncheS View Post
                      If you don't know what would most likely happen in those fights then 2 things are clear........

1.You haven't watched enough boxing & especially not enough of Jones when he was "superman" or enough of Hopkins when he was "the executioner"!

2.You are a die hard Calzaghe fan who just won't admit what is clearly obvious to everyone who is capable of being objective!

Just because something happened the way it did at the time it did doesn't mean it would happen if both fighters were in their prime. Just like Calzaghe was a good fighter, Larry Holmes was a good fighter and they both beat great fighters on their way out in Jones & Ali but that doesn't mean that that's what would have happened if they had faced them in their absolute prime!

No matter how you try to spin it, word it or whatever else you try to do everyone who really knows boxing knows that 9 out of 10 times prime versions of Jones & Ali beat prime versions of Calzaghe & Holmes.

I'm sorry but even an attempt at a comeback is just exposing you even further as a diehard who blindly believes what he wants!
                      Please help me understand how you can get the balls to discredit Calzaghe's wins against both Jones and Hopkins. I guess you could complain about him fighting Jones, but why wouldn't he come over to the states and get his biggest payday to fight him? Is it his fault he emabarrassed old man Jones? Honestly?. Jones should have gotten out while he could, hell Calzaghe did him a favor for taking the fight. I believe Calzaghe was 37 when he fought these guys, so how in the world is your Ali vs Holmes analogy relevant to the discussion. I thoroughly enjoyed all three fighter's careers, but at the end of the day Calzaghe's was the best, because regardless of whether you like it or not, he beat the other two in the ring, something I give him the utmost credit for. How can anybody **** on somebody that was an undefeated champion in the most dangerous of all sports for over a decade and at the same time be critical of his wins over his two closest rivals, spanning that era. I'm not the biggest Calzaghe fan, but to me all this stuff that is being talked about him is the definition of hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X