No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merhcant's Take on Nonito Donaire and His Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laborer View Post
    Donaire has 'god-given' talent but if he keeps on using it against 'midgets' then what a waste! If he wants to be seen as the next Pac, he really needs to go chase after guys his size. Don't give me that the-same-weight excuse, he has never fought anyone his size. He's 28yrs old at 118, are we going to see him in 147? At this rate, no chance in hell.
    I agree that Donaire must fight bigger/better fighters and he started with Montiel in the better aspect. But you have to realize that Mares 5'5, Agbeko, Perez and Darchinyan are all 5'5 1/2, Moreno is like 5'8. Wouldn't you say Donaire has above average height for bantamweight? And why does he have to follow Pac's blueprint and not make his own stamp on the sport? Like cleaning out 118, unifying all the belts and being undisputed, something Pac never did.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
      they can't compare pacquiao to donaire. manny pacquiao cheats with PED'S.thats disrespecto because donaire does it the right way. clean talent.
      jeez, i wonder why are you still here.

Comment

5'7" - 5'4" is 2"? The 3" in height difference translate to a lot of advantages in size and power, particularly at lower weights. Can't you see how small Montiel (or any other opponent Donaire faced) looked next him, or you're only fixated on Donaire?

And when did Pac chase after guys 'His Size'? Was that a joke? Where's your "Punch line"?

You don't get it, do you? Drop me a line as soon as you get the picture!

Maybe Donaire should apologize to you since he obviously offended you.
        Or maybe I should apologize to you for not sucking up to your boy?

God.

Size isn't about weight. Isn't this supposed to be obvious? At 6'2" tall and weighing 200 lbs has the bigger dimension and proportion compared to a man at, let's say, 5'8" but weighs 200lbs. God, why am I bothering...

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          Donaire is good but dont get ahead of ureself wv2 beat ure next pac and would beat donaire lopez would ko donaire easy donaire needs to stay at 118 and beat mares perez king kong and rematch vic
          donaire would kill wilfredo vasquez jr. at 122...........so stop with the hating coz u know that donaire is the truth!!

Comment

Originally posted by pugay_kamay View Post
            Dude, you cannot say Nonito is an American with Filipino heritage, b-coz 1st Donaire wasn't born in US even his parents. They migrated to US when he was at the age of 10, i think, if I'm not mistaken. So technically Donaire and the rest of his family in US are Filipino-American. American citizen by virtue of naturalization.

However, you can apply the "American with Filipino Heritage" to such personalities like Jessica Alba,Tia Carrere & Rob Schneider.

Having a US citizenship entitles you to become a part of US Olympic boxing team, however, he failed to make it because of another Fil-Am in the name of Brian Viloria.
            jessica alba is danish, american, mexican.....she does not have any filipino blood in her...

Comment

Wow, now Merchant is getting in on the act.

If you want to claim him, at least have the decency to call him Filipino-American, and not the other way round.

Comment

edit: Merchant irked me with American-Filipino. So he wasn't born in the Philippines?

Of course Nonito's fighting midgets. He and Manny are basically the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                  Donaire is a midget (if you must use such stupid words). Montiel was the naturally heavier man in their fight, and outweighed him by 6lb on the night. Are you one of the idiots who thinks boxing has height classes rather than weight classes?
                  save it bro.......LABORER is disgusted everytime that a filipino would win a world championship...u can never win against a narrow minded, bigoted and intolerant individual....leave him alone...

Comment

Originally posted by leemoorcroft View Post
                    everyone goin crazy for doniare yeah hes good like but aint done nothink yet for this fuss montiel vic darch and maybe raul martinez only half decent fighters hes faced if he does move up both gamboa and lopez will k,o him pac beat barrera morales marquez all will be hall of famers before getin anykind of fame which seems to becoming doniares way now hes a talent yeah but no more than khan bradley lopez gamboa in my eyes those low weights have no talent realy like the heavy division lets see when hes in with proper class
                    Can somebody translate this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bluetuazon View Post
                      save it bro.......LABORER is disgusted everytime that a filipino would win a world championship...u can never win against a narrow minded, bigoted and intolerant individual....leave him alone...
                      I totally agree! Laborer sits on his high horse and never looks at anything objectively. No reason to try and argue with him. He once emailed me and told me that I cannot respond to his responses anymore? I thought really, I can't? I can do whatever I want but I stopped because he is a moron who thinks his **** don't stink...

Comment

Working...
                      X