No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merhcant's Take on Nonito Donaire and His Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laborer View Post
    5'7" - 5'4" is 2"? The 3" in height difference translate to a lot of advantages in size and power, particularly at lower weights. Can't you see how small Montiel (or any other opponent Donaire faced) looked next him, or you're only fixated on Donaire?

And when did Pac chase after guys 'His Size'? Was that a joke? Where's your "Punch line"?

You don't get it, do you? Drop me a line as soon as you get the picture!

Maybe Donaire should apologize to you since he obviously offended you.
    Or maybe I should apologize to you for not sucking up to your boy?

God.

Size isn't about weight. Isn't this supposed to be obvious? At 6'2" tall and weighing 200 lbs has the bigger dimension and proportion compared to a man at, let's say, 5'8" but weighs 200lbs. God, why am I bothering...
    Yeah, so you presumably think Michael Nunn was much bigger than Tyson and had a much bigger punch than Tyson.

GTFOOH - you obviously know absolutely nothing about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
      Can somebody translate this for me.
      Tranlsation: "I am an illiterate ignoramus".

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        The Elite :

The best have POWER , Gameness and ring smarts. Donaire has proven he is one to recon with !!

Watching him fight and comparing the great LOPEZ, Donaire will win that fight.

Same with Gamboa.

Same with anyone else,,,I see no one who can beat him.

His skills are as good , no,,, better than Mayweather, Donaire has a great defense , and tremendous counters, but his offense is #1 ! He shows greater power than Mayweather shows,,,,and one more thing Donaire has over Mayweather making him a greater P4P fighter is his GUTS , Donaire goes in to KILL not run and shoulder roll, that is the biggest farce to watch, makes you want to puke to see it, Mayweather just don't have that killer in him.

Fighters like Pac , Donaire , Lopez, Montiel, make you say , who needs the heavyweights ?
        right on and well said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Laborer View Post
          Donaire has 'god-given' talent but if he keeps on using it against 'midgets' then what a waste! If he wants to be seen as the next Pac, he really needs to go chase after guys his size. Don't give me that the-same-weight excuse, he has never fought anyone his size. He's 28yrs old at 118, are we going to see him in 147? At this rate, no chance in hell.
          sounds to me like you're describing/talking about floydie boy mayweather...atleast donaire is fighting in his weight class and not guys in the lower class moving up to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Donaire is good but dont get ahead of ureself wv2 beat ure next pac and would beat donaire lopez would ko donaire easy donaire needs to stay at 118 and beat mares perez king kong and rematch vic
            oh man don't overate your fellow rican one dimensional slugger wv2 his not comparable to donaire who did wv2 Vasquez beat at the first place???? DONAIRE >>>>>>>>>> WV2 country wide margin in skills n resume just be real !!!

Comment

WHOA... the Donaire bandwagon is heavy right now. LMAO!

Where were all these nuthugging posts last week? LOL!

Boxing fans are funny...

Comment

i could actually HEAR Larry when i read the article...i even added pauses in my reading to get the full Merchant effect

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
                  Darchinyan, Sidoernko, Montiel are very good wins.
                  And all TKO/KO victories as well!!.....who else has beaten these guys via KO?

Answer....the only person to beat them by KO/TKO has been Donaire. Dude has won 20+ fights straight and has a KO% of 67%. He continuously proves himself with every fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                    Yeah, so you presumably think Michael Nunn was much bigger than Tyson and had a much bigger punch than Tyson.

GTFOOH - you obviously know absolutely nothing about boxing.
                    Don't get me wrong, i admire, or better yet worship, Tyson for fighting guys bigger. Luckily for me, Tyson was a gifted fighter, or else he would have been smashed to pieces in HW. Also, I admire Donaire's talent. I'm not denying that. It was on hell of a left hook! What damped my enthusiasm was the fact that he keeps on beating 'midgets' (i hope people inderstand the context in which I'm the writing that word with inverted comma, it's not that complicated really) and not guys that makes Donaire looks like ****in quarterback.
                    This is a Donaire forum, right? It's not as if I'm highjacking this thread like indystress is suggesting, I'm just expressing my opinion just like you people, no need get ballistic!

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                      I totally agree! Laborer sits on his high horse and never looks at anything objectively. No reason to try and argue with him. He once emailed me and told me that I cannot respond to his responses anymore? I thought really, I can't? I can do whatever I want but I stopped because he is a moron who thinks his **** don't stink...
                      Well, to be fair, you posted first in my channel saying how illogical my posts were and when i ask you why you have that opinion, you blurted out that this is america and you can say what you want. So, what's the point in corresponding with you when simple conversation doens't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X