No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What HBO Should Do Now – Part One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    Real good look if they did that. ****ers at ESPN are also real cut throat, that's what HBO needs.

"We want this fight this fight and this fight, if you don't give us the fights we want go to somewhere else."

"We are paying XX amount for this fight, if you don't like it go somewhere else"

HBO needs to start flexing nutz.

Also I wouldn't mind a bi-weekly small $$$ show, pay a flat 200k fee for building fighters up like shobox. Maybe throw in a monthly recap show about everything going on in boxing. They gotta start thinking outside of the box, they been doing the same **** too long. Maybe have that small prospect/Contender show on TNT if they really want to make **** interesting.

I still say that is asking an awful lot, that is like asking a zebra to turn into a giraffe.

Comment

No doubt about that.

They need to get someone who isn't chummy with any promoter and won't play any sides. Also someone who won't bow down to Haymon. The problem I've heard though is that Haymon got major juice that goes even higher then Greenburg.

Comment

great article from one of the best boxing writers alive. Greenburg is a great producer of hbo programming but he's not a boxing guy. His decisions on which fight to air is what is going to get him fired.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I still say that is asking an awful lot, that is like asking a zebra to turn into a giraffe.
          Wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by chifuli View Post
            While I agree with some of what was written I have to say that also Bob Arum has an ego problem. He took the Pacquiao fight to Showtime as punishment for not taking the Cotto-Mayorga fight(which is garbage). However, HBO paying Berto 1.2 mill for fighting Freddy Hernandez was ultra-moronic. IMO HBO needs to work with promoters but have no favorites and accept nothing but excellence. If Arum wants to sell them Pacquiao-Mosley, the right thing is to decline it. At the same time having Khan-Mc Closkey makes this mind boggling. HBO should not showcase fighters but fights, if JuanMa wants to fight Gamboa have it, if he's fighting Salido don't. If Pacquiao wants to fight Marquez, have it if it's Mosley don't. Just don't take Berto vs Hernandez as it's sending the wrong message.
            Montiel-Donaire, Martinez-Dzinziruk is fine, Khan-Mc Closkey is garbage...
            I couldn't agree more, Khan-Mc Closkey is garbage and i would add the Judah card, Berto vs a jww Ortiz, and Maidana-Morales on ppv to the garbage list. What a sad year for boxing on HBO, after march 12th i'm canceling my subscription.

Comment

Why did Dibella leave HBO to begin with? He was GREAT for them.

Comment

HBO should get Gus Johnson and his crew, they do a great job of making the fights exciting. They seem sincerely excited to b at their fights, and don't complain and disrespect the fighters and the sport like Merchant, Kellerman. The HBO commentator crews are not popular with young audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  I love his articles but something tells me this dude has top Rank in his pockets.
                  Interesting. I didn't really think about that. Either way, though, I think we can all agree that what Tom is saying is correct!

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
                    HBO should get Gus Johnson and his crew, they do a great job of making the fights exciting. They seem sincerely excited to b at their fights, and don't complain and disrespect the fighters and the sport like Merchant, Kellerman. The HBO commentator crews are not popular with young audiences.
                    Gus Johnson is a terrible announcer. Your post is literally the first time I have seen anyone say anything positive about Gus Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      No doubt about that.

They need to get someone who isn't chummy with any promoter and won't play any sides. Also someone who won't bow down to Haymon. The problem I've heard though is that Haymon got major juice that goes even higher then Greenburg.
                      What do you know about Al Haymon? I've always wondered how he gets away with getting so much money from sub-par fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X