Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What HBO Should Do Now – Part One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good read and one can learn a lot from this article (if everything in it is true).

however, we must always take into consideration if hauser is working for someone else's pockets. we cannot believe everything we read just because it is well-written and "sounds" legit.

Comment

Good point on having someone who knows and loves boxing. But in terms of lining up fight cards, you really can't blame HBO for just taking it as it is because a promoter as influential as Arum can go to another network in a blink of an eye. Blame the fight card quality on promoters, first and foremost, and then the network for overpaying subpar match-ups/fighters.

Comment

Dang he ripped HBO a new one with no v@seline!!!

Comment

Good read from Hauser again. He's a very fun guy to read if you dig the business angle (specifically HBO lol) of boxing...

Comment

Great work.... A true reporter. This and his past articles are a MUST read for all fans.

Comment

HBO is cleaning house soon.

About ****ing time.

I love Hauser but damn having Arum as your go to source about what HBO does wrong and write is dumb as ****. If Arum had all the HBO dates we would have another Versus were most the fights we got were overpaid and horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                HBO is cleaning house soon.

About ****ing time.
                They should go after the guys who make and schedule fights for ESPN. Not because I want ESPN to go to shit but because those guys know what the hell they are doing with a minuscule budget. Give them guys some money and imagine the possibilities.

Comment

Same old same old from Tommy~

If I knew it wasn't his goal in life to get a certain person at HBO fired due to personal beef I may find his opinions more valid.

Any entity or business will not operate in a completely fair an honest manner and will play favorites especially in the entertainment industry where association is key. Even if HBO cleans house, they will still be run as HBO so nothing will really change. Until HBO no longer has boxing that is~

They may get luckier and the fights they buy pan out as they plan (more so) but that really doesn't mean they will operate differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    They should go after the guys who make and schedule fights for ESPN. Not because I want ESPN to go to shit but because those guys know what the hell they are doing with a minuscule budget. Give them guys some money and imagine the possibilities.
                    Real good look if they did that. ****ers at ESPN are also real cut throat, that's what HBO needs.

"We want this fight this fight and this fight, if you don't give us the fights we want go to somewhere else."

"We are paying XX amount for this fight, if you don't like it go somewhere else"

HBO needs to start flexing nutz.

Also I wouldn't mind a bi-weekly small $$$ show, pay a flat 200k fee for building fighters up like shobox. Maybe throw in a monthly recap show about everything going on in boxing. They gotta start thinking outside of the box, they been doing the same **** too long. Maybe have that small prospect/Contender show on TNT if they really want to make **** interesting.

Comment

While I agree with some of what was written I have to say that also Bob Arum has an ego problem. He took the Pacquiao fight to Showtime as punishment for not taking the Cotto-Mayorga fight(which is garbage). However, HBO paying Berto 1.2 mill for fighting Freddy Hernandez was ultra-moronic. IMO HBO needs to work with promoters but have no favorites and accept nothing but excellence. If Arum wants to sell them Pacquiao-Mosley, the right thing is to decline it. At the same time having Khan-Mc Closkey makes this mind boggling. HBO should not showcase fighters but fights, if JuanMa wants to fight Gamboa have it, if he's fighting Salido don't. If Pacquiao wants to fight Marquez, have it if it's Mosley don't. Just don't take Berto vs Hernandez as it's sending the wrong message.
                      Montiel-Donaire, Martinez-Dzinziruk is fine, Khan-Mc Closkey is garbage...

Comment

Working...
                      X